Code of Conduct

Default Bonds Scent of Peace, this is really getting sad

As much as I like New Haarlem(Rochas Man ? ) and want to like these scents, this is really getting obvious now. After making copies of GIT ( Chez Bond) and SMW ( Hamptons) is she now also copiyng Creeds "Love In White"concept with the new Bond no.9 "Scent of Peace"? I sure hope not, cause that would be really sad :-/ I don't get it.

Default Re: Bonds Scent of Peace, this is really getting s

Is this true? Or are you just envisioning this? If it is true, it really is sad. I have condemmed the House of Bond and sent it to hell, so for me, there is no looking back.

also, what happens when she runs out of places in NY to name a scent after? "This was named after the gutter on crap street"?

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    Is this true? Or are you just envisioning this? If it is true, it really is sad. I have condemmed the House of Bond and sent it to hell, so for me, there is no looking back.
    Woah! , listen I'm not trying to bash Bond by all means, but really, by releasing more copies of excisting Creeds and some designer scents , it's really hard to like or buy her perfumes( and those prices are not helping either! ).

But I read this on: http://perfumesmellinthings.blogspot...-peace_02.html

I mean, it's no news that Laurice Rahme has a thing against Creed, but why expressing that , and at the same time making copies. I just don't get the tactics behind that.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a fluff piece in the Chicago Tribune (taken from the wires from New York) yesterday about her scents. *While I found it interesting that Maurice Roucel was the one who made New Haarlem (explains why that's one of the better reviewed ones here) as he's the genious who came up with MR amongst others. *However it had some interesting quotes about the company as a whole. *I have to admit the line about giving their customers their money's worth in quality (plausible IMO) and originality (ammmmmm.......) made me laugh out loud. Here's a link to another paper that ran it. *I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions from what was said:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/02/...n/rperfume.php

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G.
    There was a fluff piece in the Chicago Tribune (taken from the wires from New York) yesterday about her scents. *While I found it interesting that Maurice Roucel was the one who made New Haarlem (explains why that's one of the better reviewed ones here) as he's the genious who came up with MR amongst others. *However it had some interesting quotes about the company as a whole. *I have to admit the line about giving their customers their money's worth in quality (plausible IMO) and originality (ammmmmm.......) made me laugh out loud. *Here's a link to another paper that ran it. *I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions from what was said:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/02/...n/rperfume.php
    Thanks Paul! This confirms the tragedy. Eric, I did not suggest you were bashing Bond, I just wondered if it was really true and Paul's link takes care of that. No hard feelings? This is another testament to Bond's unoriginal intergrity. I hold no reservations of my opinion of bond. I was fair in that I tried every scent, even bought a couple. I wanted to like them so much but it is over on my part. Since it bears on the conversation, I do think it is an outrage and a bad marketing move to follow Creed so closely in everything Creed does!

LOL! , well maybe I was trying to bash 'em a little, I mean.. well , I made my point already. I stick with original SMW and GIT in the mean time, they are way better. It's just I want to avoid getting angry mails from miss Rahme, by starting this thread. Miss Rahme, .., listen,... Scent of Peace!... great concept!! and so original too!! Peace!!

oh, and be careful if you visit a Bond shop to check out the half price Creeds... the guy at the shop on madison looked about to spit on me for declining his offer to show me the Bonds... SCARY!

Post Thanks / Like

"Factitiousness has not stood in her way."
    "He was some kind of a man... What does it matter what you say about people?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    also, what happens when she runs out of places in NY to name a scent after?
    Eau d' Canal Street

Post Thanks / Like

I dont understand the negativity regarding Bond no.9 scents. I think they are very nice actually and have owned two. Chelsea flowers and Nuits de Noho. They were both wonderful fragrances with Chelsea being my favorite. Also, they had MUCH better longevity than any Creed that i have owned and i have owned G.I.T. and Spring Flowers. I also like The Hamptons and Broadway Nights and have been thinking about buying those at some point. I do agree with everyone in that the prices are ridiculous but so are the prices for Creeds as well. Bonds arent as bad as everyone is saying they are.
    Awesomeguy

Chinatown is BY FAR my favorite scent on my wife....It is her fave as well.
    New Haarlem is the SHIZNIT and Bleecker Street kicks AZZ!
    :P
    NONE of these smell like any Creed.....Oh yeah....I LOVE a lot of Creeds!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCure
    oh, and be careful if you visit a Bond shop to check out the half price Creeds... the guy at the shop on madison looked about to spit on me for declining his offer to show me the Bonds... SCARY!

Yep. Happened to me last year. I don't the scents and I don't like the woman. She was condescending and snotty and she certainly thinks that her lineup of frags are beyond compare. She would be wrong. Bond does not get my money. Ever.

Dude Eric, get over it. Move on. Bond is here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Vavoom
    Dude Eric, get over it. Move on. Bond is here to stay.
    I know, I'll move on. It's hard, but I have too, I mean , how much dissapointement can a man take. I still don't like the new Bond, Sean Connery was waaay better!!

creed is the one copying bond. It was annonced a year ago in wwd and creed came out with her concept 7 month later ! and many scent in the line are truely original, you should try them!

"creed is the one copying bond. It was annonced a year ago in wwd and creed came out with her concept 7 month later ! and many scent in the line are truely original, you should try them! "

You say this but, can you document your findings? I am not saying you are wrong but I am also not saying you are right. So, although you sound like an employee of bond, I was just wondering where you get your info? I have tried them all and there is no need for me to rehash my sentiments here.

you can ckeck the WWD may 05 issue p.37 !

Post Thanks / Like

Alexal, a member for over a year and a half,no wardrobe, one review, a one liner on Bleeker street. 17 posts, each one selling Bond or promoting a 50% off sale of Creed.

It's sad,too.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat

Alexal, a member for over a year and a half,no wardrobe, one review, a one liner on Bleeker street. *17 posts, each one selling Bond or promoting a 50% off sale of Creed.

It's sad,too.
    Shycat, you are one smart cookie! I have a biochem test next week, may I borrow you? hehehehe

Alexal, a member for over a year and a half,no wardrobe, one review, a one liner on Bleeker street. *17 posts, each one selling Bond or promoting a 50% off sale of Creed.

It's sad,too.
    Sycat you just ROCK!! Alexal is sooo busted, and will most likely crawl back to her perch for a while. * High Five *
    ;D ;D
    There is no Nose....

Post Thanks / Like

Alexal, a member for over a year and a half,no wardrobe, one review, a one liner on Bleeker street. 17 posts, each one selling Bond or promoting a 50% off sale of Creed.

It's sad,too.
    Oh SNAAAP! you know, i often wonder if there aren't industry reps undercover-marketing on the boards here.I mean there must be,companies are not stupid,and you'd have to be stupid to be in the frag biz and never have googled your way onto Basenotes. And to be sure, lotsa members who do work as SAs or fragrance models or company reps are open about it (ilnaso, for example, does not hide that he works for Thierry Mugler. But nor does he spend all his time promoting TM products. He's more like Basenotes' inside-man at TM). Its reps who pose as civilians and try to lead open discussions down the avenues most profitable to their bosses who taint what Basenotes is supposed to be. Sad indeed.

Well, now , common guys (ladies), ofcourse you are all right, and jeez, it's indeed scary to see some how some Bond employees infiltrate and use Basenotes for free advertising, but please, don't play it on the man (or woman). This was not my intention, and I'd hate to have a locked topic on my name. Shycat, I hope I never get in an argument with you, where did the name Shy come from, ..ouch!

But to answer to Alexel: like I said earlier, yes I like and even bought New Haarlem , so as I paid a 160 euro for a bottle, that gives me the right to try and speak out about the other scents, right? So, I have tried, Chez Bond, Hamptons, Hot Always, Great Jones etc. and just showed my dissapointement about them being unoriginal.Please don't let me sum up the release dates of Givenchy Gentleman ,Rochas Man and GIT .
    Listen, I guess that article in IHT says it all, nuf said.
    With qualitty and the perfumers they hired (which probaly explains the high prices of them) one should expect a bit more. Like I said, I like new Haarlem and Wall Street and I want to try Bleecker also one day.

Wall street = erolfa. However, wall street is more synthetic it seems to me. Honestly, I don't like either one but I must say that creed does the whole "oceanic" thing better.

Post Thanks / Like

Living in America as I do, I feel no need to pay for my right to speak. The very fact that someone, anyone, is hesitant to voice a negative opinion creeps me out.

But, to be fair, isn't it consistant with the whole New York, dog eat dog, theme?

All that really, really matters to me is the quality of the scents. And apparently the packaging, because I did finally find one I like- Chinatown. And the bottle is Pretty, with a capital P.

Please, spritz responsibly.

Chinatown, I cannot remember what it smelled like so I cannot knock it unitil I smell it again but I have had no desire to try anymore bond scents. I was considering the purchase of riverside drive but I am hesitant for a number of reasons. Little Italy smellled like vomit on a meatball sub.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

ikkitosennomusha said...

"Little Italy smellled like vomit on a meatball sub."

Dude, you are too funny! This made my day.

Kelley