Code of Conduct

Default Egoiste 1990's vs. Egoiste New Millennia

I'm frickin' LIVID!

I kept an old bottle of Egoiste Cologne Concentree ca. 1996 to clutch on for its bold beauty despite the fact that the topnotes have gone off. I recently bought a bottle of Egoiste EdT and discovered that it doesn't last half as long as the Concentree, drop for drop, and from what I remembered, the EdT doesn't have that sharpness that I actually was turned off to compared to the smooth evolution of the Concentree despite the sacrifice of longevity.

What I smell now of the NEW scent is crap in terms of longevity. Quality has been compromised, even in the house of Chanel! How far does any house go to cut corners to keep a scent affordable...but honestly I would gladly pay top dollar for what I once owned in its true glory.

I'm frickin' bawling my eyes out!!!! I was right...EdT standard was a longevity of 6-8 hours generally (on my skin), anything less was 4 hours, and the EdP/Parfum lasted the day, else way into the night!

I'm shooting mental daggers of corporate terrorism at the perfumer's world, even if it probably won't work to a result in any reaction, as they're too busy reaping the profits of my own love of the scent despite it's quality.

There was no reason in the past to create tricks to make scents last longer, since the scents were already rich and didn't need any help to last.

Old school really means something nowadays. Those who are buying EdP are gladly paying for the once grandiose version of EdT!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Mad_Hatter

Default Re: Egoiste 1990's vs. Egoiste New Millennia

You are perfectly right. Couldn't have put it better.

Default Re: Egoiste 1990's vs. Egoiste New Millennia

i have to agree on this one...also, the original egoiste had a more warm note to it that maybe helped anchor it a bit longer....i still love the new egoiste anyways...it's on my top 5 frags of all time. its longevity is very good on me but it's nowhere near the 24h+ it lasted before...maybe my own chemistry changed? who knows...