Code of Conduct

Default Wow! L'instant pour homme Eau de Parfum

Why didn't they release this originally? If you think you love L'instant pour homme, you will be over the moon with this one. Can I just say that previous postings of LPH EDP have not commented on how different to the original this is. I think maybe after 30 minutes, you get something that resembles the edt. I find the EDP to be a very layered fragrance. It evolves dramatically on my skin. It starts off with a heightened aroma of pepper and that jicky-shalimar-burst of bergamot. However, this is short-lived as the neroli makes its presence known. Very similar to neroli sauvage at this stage. I might add that the opening reminded me very much of Original Santal from Creed as well. After 30 munutes or so, you finally recall the originial, only maybe slightly more woody due to the black tea and possibly cedar. On me, the sandalwood is nowhere near as cloying as in the original. The drydown is very candied. I suspect they have added vanillin to this along with the cacao bean. I also smell a touch of tonka. In fact, the base does resemble L'instant pour femme - that envolping powdery sweetness.
    This alluring juice with a somewhat pale amber tint comes in an art-deco-inspired 75ml bottle spray. The cap is brown bakelite with the sides and base of the glass flacon modified to a deep shiney lacquer painted surface. The clean lines of the bottle are the same.
    This, along with the original LPH is destined to stand shoulder to shoulder with the great classics in Habit Rouge and Vetiver. I thank Guerlain for restoring my faith in them. This is indeed a modern masculine scent, with a touch of the old-world.

Default Re: Wow! L'instant pour homme Eau de Parfum

Good review! I like this one too. I have to be in the mood to wear this one, cause it lasts forever on me and it can get a bit cloying at times.
    Sometimes I like the brighter topnotes of the edt version , and sometimes I like to wear the edp.

is this l'instant extreme ? i dont know if this is intended as the edp

Quote Originally Posted by absynthium
    is this l'instant extreme ? i dont know if this is intended as the edp
    Oh yes, it says so on the box, eau de parfum!

Excellent review that makes me want to buy l'EDP. But my bottle of the original EDC ist still almost full, and fortunately, I appreciate what I have, in spite of the (justified) bashing it got. So it will be a while. I very much believe in EDP's. Thankyou ridgeback!
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I like both edt and edp versions, but I find I wear the edt and feel more comfortable in it more often.

Great review is right, Ridgeback. Thanks!
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Great review!! I am sitting here with a sample of the EDT on my desk right now and I love this stuff. I was so close to buying it but I never got to it. I really am looking forward to finding the EDP version and finding out that it smells just like your review. It sounds excellet. ;D ;D

So I am modifying my post because I have decided that the EDT version smells like Gucci pH with something sweet in there. It is dry and woody with some kind of sweetness on top, making it more pleasent and warm...

I want this one badly.

Where can it be purchased? Is it available in the US?

Ballard my friend, I'm sorry it's not available stateside. At least not yet. I have no idea if it will be either. (I had a travelling friend pick up my bottle for me.)

Heritage's edp was sold here, so maybe Guerlain will ship L'Instant extreme over. But Habit Rouge edp hasn't appeared yet either, so I would wager it won't make it onto the boat.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    I want this one badly.

I got mine off ebay from a seller in the UK. *I've haven't seen it available in the US anywhere. *Make it a "favorite search" in ebay and you'll get an e-mail if one pops up.

Me personally, I like the original better. *Not much better ... just better. *The bright topnotes of the original just aren't there in the edp. *The edp is a heavier, darker version of the original to me. *Also, I find the edp doesn't last all that much longer on my skin than the edt. *Just slightly longer.

I think it's a good addition to anyone's wardrobe ... but I feel the original edt is more versatile and just smells better in general. I kinda think of it the exact opposite way I think of M7. The original smells good, but less versatile and heavier than M7 Fresh which smells GREAT and is much more versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    I like both edt and edp versions, but I find I wear the edt and feel more comfortable in it more often.

Great review is right, Ridgeback. *Thanks!
    --Chris
    Hi DustB,
    I actually like layering the edt over the edp.
    With Habit Rouge, I apply the edp, followed by the edt and finally the edc. That way I can enjoy all 3.
    LPH is a great scent for layering. I haven't tried the summer version but as someone said in the review, the incongruent blue liquid and brown cap puts me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    I want this one badly.

You can buy it from escentual.co.uk; they ship internationally.

http://www.escentual.com/cgi-bin/Esc...Catalog/100920

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    [quote author=Ballardbeau link=1141461266/0#7 date=1141512032]I want this one badly.

I got mine off ebay from a seller in the UK. *I've haven't seen it available in the US anywhere. *Make it a "favorite search" in ebay and you'll get an e-mail if one pops up.

Me personally, I like the original better. *Not much better ... just better. *The bright topnotes of the original just aren't there in the edp. *The edp is a heavier, darker version of the original to me. *Also, I find the edp doesn't last all that much longer on my skin than the edt. *Just slightly longer.

I think it's a good addition to anyone's wardrobe ... but I feel the original edt is more versatile and just smells better in general. *I kinda think of it the exact opposite way I think of M7. *The original smells good, but less versatile and heavier than M7 Fresh which smells GREAT and is much more versatile.[/quote]

I totally agree with your comparison. For me, the original is the right recipe, and the extreme vesion veers too far into sickly A*men territory.

i really liked the original l'instantPH so i am very much looking forward for this one...i haven't tried it yet.