Code of Conduct

Default Brit and Black Code

I like Burberry Brit but there is a baby powder smell that is a bit too strong. I also like Armani black code but I pick up a strange smell that reminds me of salty play dough. Could anyone recommend anything in the same family that I may want to check out? I would like to steer clear of anything overly sweet smelling.

I really enjoy Creed Bois Du Portugal and am looking to add another favorite to my young collection.

Thanks!
    Jim

Default Re: Brit and Black Code

I own both and enjoy both but even better than those two is Chanel Allure, it's the grownup version of Black Code, more smoother and well-rounded, you have to get past the top notes but after that its all good good juice

I do not like either but thats just me. Some people like this; I am not one of them.

Try Burberry's Touch.

sounds like you are a tonka fan, or as we say around here "someone who is not ikkitosen". Definalty look at chanel. it smells like shampoo at first, but then becomes phenomenal. I also adore tonka, and quite like Dior Homme and Bulgari Black for frags that dont have the note per se, but feel similarly in the bottom.

I own Brit and think it's just OK, don't reach for it that often anymore. There's a sample of Black Code somewhere around here that i have to find and sniff again.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

My first thought when trying Black Code was that Armani had toned down Versace's Dreamer ( an iris, tonka and tobacco powerhouse). Perhaps I am the only one who sees any similarity between Black Code and Dreamer but, still, the Dreamer may be worth your time to try.

I'll second the Allure comment. I have Burberry London and love it, and after sampling Allure once or twice I think I will own it very soon.

Thanks for all the imput! Looks like I am going on a Tonka hunt.

Thanks!!

Dior Homme, Bvlgari Black or The Dreamer are excellent choices, similar to Black Code but not as.... well... bland. Black Code is a good scent but the three above are exceptionally good!