Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Bois des Îles and Cuir de Russie

Which one would you consider more suitable for a man to wear ? Which one would you say is more inclined to the masculine side ?
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Default Re: Chanel Bois des Îles and Cuir de Russie

Don't know about Cuir de Russie, but I got my wife some Bois des Iles for Valentine's day and just had to put some on my wrist to test it. It was very complex and woody. Dried down to a marvelous, long lasting scent that I would not be adverse to wearing.

If I had to chose between the two, I'd vote for Cuir de Russie. But that might be simply because I like it more.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

More towards woods and aldehydes bois des iles where Cuir de russie is all about leather and balsam. Both share complex flowery powdery middles tones.
    They are the exact olfactive translation of Madamoiselle Coco fashion concept: masculine fabrics for feminine clothes, precious details but a sober allure.
    Different notes but quite the same "crossgender" mood!

I like both fragances a lot. My favorite is Bois des illes, very woody and elegant on a man and it last the all day. I got lots of complements and when people ask me what is the name.....I just answer: Oh, is a french fragance...don't remember the name :. It is expensive ($160) but is totally worth it!

I love both on me, but I'm a girl. ;D I'd vote for Bois des Iles as the more masculine of the two (although I'd have no objections at ALL to smelling Cuir de Russie on a guy); the Cuir is more prettily floral than the Bois. No reason a guy can't be pretty, though.

Both of these are completely suitable for a man.

Both very suitable, but I prefer Cuir de Russie. If you like the Egoiste by Chanel, you will love Bois des Isles. They both very similar.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Sandalwood
    Which one would you consider more suitable for a man to wear ? Which one would you say is more inclined to the masculine side ?
    They are both great, and I think a man can wear both, but Bois des Iles is the more masculine, IMO.

Thank you all for your replies. I ended up ordering a bottle of Bois des Îles and a sample of Cuir de Russie. Can't wait to wear it. 8-)
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

BdI smells like Chanel 5:-P I wouldn't say that it smell masculine. but I love it.
    I didn't try CdR tho, only the LT Piver one which my friend said is "better" than the Chanel one. Still prefer BdI.
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

nqth, I was very disapointed by the Piver scent when I tried it.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove