Code of Conduct

Default Longevity with Creed scents

What Creed scents wear well and long - 8 hours long? Thanks! I have GIT and love it, find it to be average longevity though. Maybe I need to up my sprays.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Default Re: Longevity with Creed scents

I find that my Bois du Portugal stays all day and night will lots of sillage the whole time. I wake up with it on my neck still. I think Hymalaya is pretty long lasting as well.

I will also say that Neroli Sauvage does not last long. It is lighter and wears out too quickly. There is lower than par longevity on this one.

I forgot about Tabarome Millesome because I left it at home. I think this one has better than average lasting power. It will go for about the same time as BdP. It is nice for summer too so when you sweat it will last on your skin longer than most!!

One more modification..... GIT is Average but smells better than average!! ;D

My experience with GIT is about the same as yours. I find good longevity with Bois du Portugal and Vintage Tabarome, though, and they both smell great.

To get your money's worth out of your GIT, do you blast your clothes?
    Peace ~ Markymark

From the ones I have

GIT - On skin maybe 3 hours, On clothes 2-3 days
    SMW - I find it the same as GIT
    Himalaya - 4 Hours on skin 2-3 days on Clothes
    MI - This one is just bad, 2 hours on skin and MAYBE 3 hours on Clothes, this is such a great scent but POOR lasting power even on clothes.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

My GIT lasts forever on me. I only spray once to my shirt and it lasts until the next day and I get complimented. If I spray twice to the shirt. Everone within a huge, huge radius can smell me coming!! Great long lasting sillage for me!

SC, CA, NV- Who knows where I'll be next?

Vintage Tabarome has great staying power for me. It is good for at least 8 hours but is very sublime by that point. When it comes to Bois du Portugal I don't know how long it hangs on. All I can say is that I can put it on in the morning and still smell it on my wrist the next morning as I get in the shower. Both are great scents with staying power.

Vintage Tabarome, definately; and I love tobacco scents; especially on cold days.

All of the Creeds that I own: GIT, MI, SMW, OV, Himalaya, and BdP all last very long on me........8 hours plus but it is necessary to spray both your skin and your clothes to get this lasting power IMO

I hear a lot of people say that MI doesn't last long on them. I find it actually wears about as long as GIT on me about 8 hours.

Baie de Genievre is another that lasts much like Bois du Portugal can smell it a bit the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by goldslinger
    Vintage Tabarome, definately; and I love tobacco scents; especially on cold days.
    Vintage Tabarome for sure. Outstanding longevity.

trumpet_guy

What this thread shows is that everyone's nose and/or skin is different when it comes to longevity. I'm lucky - all Creed fragrances last for at least eight to ten hours on me, and usually by that stage I'm washing them off rather than seeing them fade.

Bois du Portugal is long-lasting, but Tabarome and Royal English Leather are in yet another duration category, they simply last forever: wear them once for the night, and they will stay on your pyjamas and bedsheets with undiminished power for for any number of days until the next wash. Only, REL turns sweet, which I don't like.
    Cyprès Musc also seems very long-lasting, although I've only tried it on my wrist (somewhat longer than Bois du Portugal, I've compared on the other wrist).

for me it's not a question of skin,we actually have to say that creed fragrance dont lasts so long on skin ,personally i cant believe somebody wearing smw that i own in my collection waking up with the smell of it ,i am a great perfume lover but onestly i think this creed have been extremely overrated in this board, i read so many books about perfumes reviews and even luca turin it seems not particularly fond of them,it should be the reason why they use more natural ingredients than synthetics ,the fact is that they dont lasts so long on skin even if there are a lot of frags very good they dont have this aura of sacrality as someone says here

I've only owned the good ol' Royal English Leather and it lasted on my skin even 8 hours. However some Creed can be very shortlived; for example I tryed MI and it lasted about 1 hour on my skin.

In my case, GIT and BdP last on my skin for 12 + hours, but I usually don't have severe fragrance longevity issues...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

I must add that even though GIT is a sillage giant, I do not get headaches or feel suffocated as is the case with alot of fragrances. GIT is there doing what it does best which is smelling fantastic and it is like wearing a second skin it is so comfortable!

My hubby swears by Imperial and with the 50% off ( nd a GWP)when it's purchased through Bond No.9 it doesn't hurt to buy and test many! many!

Yeah i second that about Royal English Leather, it lasts extremely long on the skin as well as strong (8+), Himalaya and MI so so...

You say they last long because you can smell a hint of it after 8hrs? that doesnt count man. No one can smell it so whats the point?

Im very disappointed with silage of all Creed scents so far (except for GIT which can be overwhelming).

Himalaya & MI : people can smell it up to 2-3hrs. Then I have to pu my nose directly on my wrists to smell the rest. This is after 6-7 sprays on "hot spots". I need to come up with a formula of spraying half on the clothes and half on my skin to see how it works..
    Last edited by bigsink; 31st March 2007 at 12:20 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

On me:

Greatest longevity:

Tabarôme 'Private Collection'
    Acier Aluminium
    Bois du Portugal
    Irisia
    Royal Water

Middling longevity:

Baie de Genièvre
    Himalaya
    Green Irish Tweed
    Néroli Sauvage
    Santal Original
    Royal Scottish Lavender
    Angélique Encens
    Vétiver
    (1948)

Weak longevity:

Santal Impérial
    (alas!)
    Chèvrefeuille

Other Creeds, I don't have or don't wear. (Yes, it's true, I don't have Erolfa or Millésime Impérial, and I don't want them. Citrus Bigarrade or Bois de Cédrat I hope to get some day.)

Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by bigsink View Post
    You say they last long because you can smell a hint of it after 8hrs? that doesnt count man. No one can smell it so whats the point?

Im very disappointed with silage of all Creed scents so far (except for GIT which can be overwhelming).

Himalaya & MI : people can smell it up to 2-3hrs. Then I have to pu my nose directly on my wrists to smell the rest. This is after 6-7 sprays on "hot spots". I need to come up with a formula of spraying half on the clothes and half on my skin to see how it works..
    I have to agree. I'm always so impressed with the opening notes of the Creeds, but on my skin, the majority just fade into thin air. The two exceptions so far for me are Vintage Tabaróme and Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie. The later is a bit 'Madame', so I would never purchase it. But I do plan on scoring a bottle of VT.

Talking Re: Longevity with Creed scents

You can´t say that Creed got no longtivity. Everybody got a different skin. Some got a dry skin, some got a sweaty skin. What kind of weather is today and which climat are you living. What you eatin or drinkin. Do you move a lot or you just sittin in the office.

Bois du Portugal last very long, because it is a more a woody scent.
    Also Original Santal last very long, because there is vanilla in the basenote.

For example SMW last on my skin over 8 hours...maybe your nose don´t regconize after 3-4 hours the scent.

You have to test it, before you buy.

Or choose Bond No. 9 (Wall Street or Hamptons)...very long lasting believe me!!

CUIR DE RUSSIE..

Now.. this is the one that i wish would have lasted seconds INSTEAD it lasted all day and through the night and thats after a wash!!! Not for me!!

Most vintage Creeds have decent longevity on me, especially Vintage Tabarome, Cypres-Musc, and even the fresh Selection Verte and Aubepine Acacia.
    But also Vetiver Original, Royal Delight and Fleurs de Bulgarie have some sillage and last forever.

The ones that vanish within few hours are Bois de Cedrat, Baie de Genievre, Royal Water and Acier Aluminium - but as it has been mentioned before, it depends on individual skin chemistry.

I can't get any longevity with any Creed. My Wife has the same problem with her Creed's. We both think Creed's are overrated and won't ever purchase any again.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I can't get any longevity with any Creed. My Wife has the same problem with her Creed's. We both think Creed's are overrated and won't ever purchase any again.
    I feel your pain.

I paid $150 for my MI, and a month or so later its half way gone. 7 sprays per application will do it to ya. I now only use it for sexy nights and am currently looking for something to apply daily.

MI has terrible longevity, and lasts a maximum of 1 to 2 hours on me. Its an expensive fragrance, but you can probably double the price when you consider how much you need to use just to smell it after an hour.

I have terrible longevity with MI,a shame because i really like it.Best ones for me are BDP & GIT.

Bond No. 9 Wall Street have something like M.I. and the longevity is amazing. Try this one. Or you buy Sean John Unforgivable (it is cheaper). I don´t understand why they hate this scent so much. It is ok for a cheaper price than M.I.

I don´t understand why everybody want so much longevity by a scent. It is ok for 6-8 hours.
    SMW and M.I. are fresh scents and got of course less longevity than BdP or orginal santal for example...i don´t need a parfum which smells 24 hours...how must be it strong for the first hour, when i got a scent which is so strong...than you have to choose Serge Lutens Scents or Chanel, than you get your longevity.
    Or skin is not holdin M.I. ...bad luck...maximum spray (4) and it stays 8 hours...ich can smell it when shower at the evening...