Code of Conduct

Thread: L'Occitane

Default L'Occitane

I've seen these stores around a few malls in LA for quite a while and for some reason never put it together that they sell men's fragrences (duh!) :-[

Yesterday I walked into one and sampled several of their men's and unisex scents.

I was very impressed with Vetyver - a nice dark, earthy version, Vebana - a bright and citrussy verbana, Eau du Badian - another citrus, this one with fig, and spices, but Eau des 4 Voleurs didn't do anything for me.

Badian was my favorite, but none of them had any longevity on me whatso ever! Finding a great fragrence then having it disappear in 30 minutes is more than frustrating >

Default Re: L'Occitane

Vetiver is my favourite

I agree that they are great but with very poor longevity. I especially like Eau de L'Occitan. It's got lavender and a burnt wood/caramel accord. Again, doesn't last long though.. :'(

I have Pour Homme, and others could detect it after I would come home from a good 6 hour work day. No longevity problems there, but I haven't sampled the others in quite some time. I only found one store that is out of town, so hopefully I'll find something a little closer soon.

Hey phersurf,

I own, and really enjoy Vetyver. It is one of my most worn winter fragrances - I'm a sucker for the spices, which are fairly pronounced on my skin.
    The relatively new Pour Homme, Eau de L'Occitan, is nice also - black pepper and lavander.
    Both last fairly well on my skin, with the Vetyver lasting up to 4-5 hours when sprayed under the shirt.
    I liked the top notes of 4 Voleurs, it smelled like a fir tree, very organic, but became sappy and cloying - a total scrubber - within 30 minutes.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

The Vetyver sounds interesting! Does it compare to something from another house?

Next to nothing in the way of niche fragrances in my town, so I was surprised when L'Occitane opened up a store.
    I went in with high hopes and left a bit disappointed.
    Sampled - 4 Voleurs, Badian, Vetyver and some kind of Lavender.
    There was just nothing special about them - although I must admit they are very cheap to buy and therefore may represent a good value for money purchase.

I will happily trade our L'Occitane store for one from L'Artisan, Malle, Lutens, LV, SMN, Diptyque etc

here in Romania a L'occitane fragrance is about 50-60$ so how much does it cost in your places

Here in Belgium it's about the same I think, so not especially cheap, just averagely priced.

Quote Originally Posted by whitechandoo
    here in Romania a L'occitane fragrance is about 50-60$ so how much does it cost in your places
    That's still much cheaper than most other niche fragrances isn't it?
    I may be wrong, but don't niche fragrances like Diptyque, LV, L'Artisan usually cost between $US90 to $US110 for a 100ml bottle?

yeah but we re not talking about niche
    a gucci or versace fragrance is 50 - 60$ too

Quote Originally Posted by whitechandoo
    yeah but we re not talking about niche
    a gucci or versace fragrance is 50 - 60$ too
    I'd say a Gucci or Versace scent is about 90$!!! L'Occitane is cheaper!! And BTW I love Vetyver!! ;D