Code of Conduct

Default Caron Pour Un Homme longevity and sillage?

I did a search and found no topic dedicated to the power of Caron Pour Un Homme.

I love powerhouses, and was wondering if it was worth buying blind, considering it's SOOOOO inexpensive on Ebay!!! ;D ;D Does it last long, and does it project well?

I'm told that I seemingly like classics too, so it would probably fit well into my rotation.
    No longer offering decants. Sorry!

Default Re: Caron Pour Un Homme longevity and sillage?

Caron Pour Un Homme is absolutely great. *It is an unbelievable combination of relatively standard ingredients. *I used to think it had little longevity until I realized that it sort of morphs into an aura on my skin that lasts and lasts. *This is one you don't have to be afraid of buying blind--it is very inexpensive but certainly not cheap.

The handy search function has basically given me the same unanimous opinion of Caron Pour Un Homme, Foetidus! I'm about ready to break down and buy it... LOL!!! ;D

I beg to differ on the cheap thing... check it out!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pour-un-Homme-by...QQcmdZViewItem

$17.89 including shipping to Canada for a 100mL bottle! ;D ;D ;D

I don't think you'll have any problem with longevity or sillage
    on this Caron. And the lavender top note is fantastic. The challenge
    will be in the baby powder dry-down. It's relentless. Until that point,
    it's an easy fragrance to wear, but the powdery aspects of the basenotes
    are not easy for me to accept. You may love it, though.

For me it does not work.
    Airy fleeting (but very sharp first 5 minutes) lavender, then something green and herbal - and loooooong way made of vanilla... All sillage is green-like vanilla...
    Vanilla in Caron PUH does not kill - but I prefer grey Eau Noire CD version of it. Or - woody-incense brown vanilla in Avignon CDG.

But I believe that for knowledge purpose it should be in every collection. Spirit of First Half of XX century...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Got to agree with most of the comments already posted. It lasts all day on me.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

What are five minutes in a day? Carons five minutes help me wake up! Pour Un Homme is my ‚worry not, you’ll make it through this day‘ – cologne. And, indeed, it is around during those critical 9 hours. Nonagressive to the others and so comforting to myself!
    Very interesting lines you have been drawing here, moon_fish. I have been so involved in the whole of Avignon that I never paid attention to details. Maybe the greyish Eau Noire will be my reward for dismissing L’Homme. The bottle looks promising and there has not been one critical review on EN yet. It must not be as short lived as Avignon, though.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    What are five minutes in a day? Carons five minutes help me wake up! Pour Un Homme is my ‚worry not, you’ll make it through this day‘ – cologne. And, indeed, it is around during those critical 9 hours. Nonagressive to the others and so comforting to myself!
    Very interesting lines you have been drawing here, moon_fish. I have been *so involved in *the whole of Avignon that I never paid attention to details. Maybe the greyish Eau Noire *will be my reward for dismissing L’Homme. The bottle looks promising and there has not been one critical review on EN yet. It must not be as short lived as Avignon, though.
    Great that this classic works perfectly for you, narcus!

I could add that Eau Noire CD really is better than Dior Homme. It lives longer, needs no special efforts to prolong the effect, does not change its character.
    I can add also some bad reply for Eau Noire - it`s TOO LONG LIVING! And it has no effervescent character for me. Just calm and classy frag.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish
    Eau Noire - it`s TOO LONG LIVING...?

In this case it's a must have, because that's what they are saying about me!
    ;D

'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    [quote author=moon_fish link=1132892058/0#7 date=1132915773]
    Eau Noire - it`s TOO LONG LIVING...? *

In this case it's a must have, because that's what they are saying about me!
    * *;D

[/quote]

Blessing you for this affair!!! ;D
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet_guy
    I don't think you'll have any problem with longevity or sillage
    on this Caron. *And the lavender top note is fantastic. *The challenge
    will be in the baby powder dry-down. *It's relentless. *Until that point,
    it's an easy fragrance to wear, but the powdery aspects of the basenotes
    are not easy for me to accept. *You may love it, though.
    Although it is one of my absolute favourites, I do accept what trumpet guy says about the dry-down. In fact, even the topnotes could be described as discordant - my wife really dislikes PuH from start to finish!

But I would not hesitate to buy it - almost at any price. I certainly paid 'top dollar' for mine at Fortnum and Mason :

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria
    The handy search function has basically given me the same unanimous opinion of Caron Pour Un Homme, Foetidus! I'm about ready to break down and buy it... LOL!!! ;D

I think foetidus meant that it's not 'cheap' - as in downmarket.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish
    For me it does not work.
    Me either. The topnotes make me absolutely nauseous. I can't even bring myself to smell it until 20 minutes after I spray it. And even then, the drydown has that kinda vanilla/Play-doh thing going.

Not horrible ... but not something I want to smell like all day.

Doesn't Chanel Platinum Egoiste have a huge initial lavender blast? I think I'll do very well with Caron Pour Un Homme if so... ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the raving reviews! My wallet is gonna hate you guys very soon... so many good scents... ;D

the lavender in the top notes is very very strong. It disappears in five to ten minutes. then it smells sweet on the drydown.

I have tried so hard to love this fragrance....I have bought 2 full new bottles, but opposite of other guys' experiences here, I CANNOT SMELL THIS FRAGRANCE. Honestly, it vanishes on me almost instantly.

Blog Entries

*curious* Lavender over vanilla....

Is this anything like the Guerlain 'twins' Jicky & Shalimar???

Or even better, or worse depending on your tastes, is it similar to the amazing (and sadly discontinued) Crown Perfumery Crown Fougere??

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria

The bottle in this is different (and older looking) from another that I found on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...PCN_BIX_Stores

Is this a really old batch???

Every time I've worn it - over many years - I find it had mega-sillage and mega-longevity.

Wow, thread resurrection! I made this topic ages ago. Since then, I've purchased Caron Pour Un Homme but couldn't get into it, so I have it on my swaplist. DrOfTheSoul, mine is exactly like the one you posted:

I'm not sure why there are two bottle styles. :-?

hmm basically its a huge blast of lavender, very strong and pure, followed by a mellow vanilla dry down... moderately long lasting, bout 4 hours, and sillage is very strong during the opening and middle notes