Code of Conduct

Default opinions on Visit by Azzaro

Got this as a gift when it came out. I had heard of it but never sampled, so I tried it among others and decided it wasnt too my tastes so I returned it. I have since purchased Gucci Pour Homme and like it. I also had M7 and while I liked it there was something with it that didnt agree with me. Lately I have read posts that mention Visit is similar to the GPH & M7 so I am considering retrying. Maybe that day I sampled too many. When I sampled Visit I got a familiar scent of Gucci Rush but seemed like it had ginger(?) and a stronger incense note. I figured Rush was more to my liking and decided that would be my next. Recently when I went to the store, Marshall Fields, to compare Visit to the others I found out that they no longer stock it. The sales person told me she thinks its being discontinued. I'm sure thats not the case. So how do you compare Visit to GPH, M7, and Rush. I appreciate the input.

Default Re: opinions on Visit by Azzaro

Quote Originally Posted by Titan
    *The sales person told me she thinks its being discontinued. *I'm sure thats not the case. *So how do you compare Visit to GPH, M7, and Rush. *I appreciate the input.
    I'm sure it is not yet being discontinued. I can see Visit and Gucci PH being grouped together but I don't see M7 included with them at all. BTW, if you like M7 but find something off about it try M7 Fresh. I LOVE Fresh as its citrus top takes the edge off perfectly to my way of thinking.

I don't see M7 with the others either.

Most people probably won't agree but I think Visit left a far better impression than Rush and GPH. I don't think I really "get" GPH. Rush is quite uninteresting to me because it's a lot like Visit but Visit is more powerful. Rush seemed to fade before it even hit my skin. Might just be my skin/nose that's weird though. As far as I remember Visit is very cheap and definitely worth the price. I think it's around 30$ in the shops here for a 50ml.

I like Visit but I think it's a much better cold weather scent. I wore it a few days ago and when it started to get warm out ... the nutmeg was just too overpowering.

Ziffy, i wonder if the nutmeg is what i was picking up as a gingerish smell and didnt care for. I will have to check Perfumania or Sephora next time I'm out. Both usually have a diverse mix.

It's a very burly fragrance if you know what I mean - lots of testosterone, big spices, not a refined smell to my mind.

I absolutely love Visit--it's among my top favorites. No matter what my scent of the day is, many days I will wear Visit to bed or around the house in the evening because I enjoy it so much.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

I got Visit the other day. It reminds me more of Gucci Rush than Gucci Pour Homme. Also, some of it's notes remind me of the non aqua notes in Aquaman.
    Renato

It's a wonderful Cedar scent in its own right. Plenty of sillage which can be controlled with the proper method of application. Comes close to Magnetism in longevity. Two of the better recent releases of the new millenium.

Visit might be one of those that is highly dependent on skin type. On me, there's an acrid note that I just can't get past. It seems to have a greater degree of complexity than Gucci PH, which strikes me as wood (pencil) shavings and little else.

Rush, often referred to as a "hamster cage", is among my favorites, assuming I have a fresh bottle. When it goes bad, it goes real bad. A good bottle is a bit of cedar aromotherapy in my opinion.

M7 is one of my favorites, particularly as we approach fall/winter. The oud/agarwood note, balanced with the sweet influences of bergamot/mandarin (according to the pyramid...alot of people, including myself sense this as "berry&quot strikes a nice balance in its early stages.

Good luck and happy hunting
    Jim

Visit is an instant masterpiece, IMO, and bears little resemblence to the other fragrances mentioned.

It's woody and spicy. A real powerhouse. Some use it for clubbing. It has plenty of sillage to boot.

I was about to buy it some time ago, but now I can't stand it! This is because I once sampled it in a really hot train, what a horrible cloying experience. For cold weather only!

love love love it. It's actually my SOTD today. I find that it's quite versatile, and can be worn in many different situations and climates. I also love Gucci PH, and Rush, both of which are quite different from Visit.

#

I love Visit for the colder weather and for nightime/clubbing. It can be really powerful so you can't overapply, but if you do it right it smells great. Smooth Incense, dry pepper and spicy nutmeg, very nice.
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

Love this stuff. Quite unique. Sharp, sweet wood. This is one i just didn't "get" at first but it got such rave reviews here on Basenotes, I knew I had to be missing something. All i could smell throughout the drydown was pure alcohol. Something must have been wrong with my smellies (smell-endings? smell-buds? whatever). Anyhoo, i tried it a few more times and one day i "understood." Now i get it.....the cedar...the pepper...the incense.

I think i'm gonna get a couple more bottles of this stuff because it is not a big seller and i don't think it will be around too much longer.

I got the free gift pack when I bought mine at first release. Never have yet gotten to use the massage oil, but I pulled out the candle a few nights ago. Damn thing won't stay lit! And doesn't smell like much what little it does burn.

The edt is so much better.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Azzaro Visit got me started on Basenotes.

One of my favorites; I agree that it works better in cool weather, but it's not too bad during hot weather--it's a lot more flexible than M7 and Gucci PH, which I can only wear when the temperature drops. There's a similarity between Gucci PH Rush, and Visit--they're all very woody. I **love** all 3, but if I could only choose one, it would probably be Visit. It's received more compliments than the others.

BTW, if you like these types of scents, try the CdG Incense series. I just received Avignon and Jaisalmer, and they're fantastic. Spicy, woody, unique.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Smells like Eau de Patou.

A female (!) friend of mine used to wear this perfume and I asked her to stop. It has a very very intense pepper note that made me feel sick. I dont know why, I am not usually sensitive but this one made me feel sick.

What ever happened to Visit for women? I don't think it did very well? I wonder if it was as woody and peppery incense as the mens :-?

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    What ever happened to Visit for women? *I don't think it did very well? *I wonder if it was as woody and peppery incense as the mens :-?
    I don't know anything about the women's version, but I wore Visit on a date last night and after asking what fragrance I was wearing, my date asked if she could borrow it.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsLike
    [quote author=scentimus link=1129238144/15#20 date=1129510075]What ever happened to Visit for women? I don't think it did very well? I wonder if it was as woody and peppery incense as the mens :-?
    I don't know anything about the women's version, but I wore Visit on a date last night and after asking what fragrance I was wearing, my date asked if she could borrow it.

--Steve[/quote]
    Hehe, I guess you picked the right one for that date then. ;D

Anybody knows how the deodorants are? I usually buy both the scent and deodorant but sometimes I feel like the deodorant just isn't worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsLike
    ... many days I will wear Visit to bed or around the house in the evening because I enjoy it so much.

--Steve
    I also find myself often reaching for Visit before I go to bed in the evenings. Oddly enough, I've never worn this fragrance in public, but I find myself putting it on just before I turn in for the day. There's something deeply relaxing about the smell of Visit.

I smelled this last weekend based on so many positive reviews here, and wasn't supper impressed. It smelled good, but not great.

I guess I'll have to try it again with so many raves!

I bought a bottle off of ebay because of this thread. I was hoping for a little more pepper and other spices, but it is a very "woody" scent on me, I get lots of cedar. It's also a warm scent, think I'll wear it more when the weather gets colder but my initial response is a favorable one. I'm just glad to find something at this price that I like:-)

Isaac

DAMN....I can't believe I haven't ever tried this before today. I sprayed some on at Perfumania in the mall....walked around for 30 minutes....and HAD to go and buy a full bottle. This one WILL get a lot of wear in the next 2 months...DAMN DAMN DAMN...this one is good. I love the sweet/spicy/woody smell. I'm unaware of anything that smells close to it. I was suprisingly blown away at how much I enjoy this one.

I actually enjoy this scent a lot, but I can't wear it if that makes sense. I think it is a little too sharp for me, as I tend to like sweeter and fresher scents overall. I still think it is a great fragrance though, just not one for my age group? (20-25)

Just another masterpiece made by Annick Menardo.

I like it but it's very tempermental on me. Depending on the temperature, humidity, and application, it can get either too pungent or too powdery on me. But it's a great scent when it behaves.

Perfect! One of my all time favourites and always will be

One of the best stronger scents out there among the designer scents IMO. Top, middle, base, all very different and all done extremely well. I particularly like the woods in the middle.

I think it is perfect for winter time. It smells like pure pepper to me at some times. I really see that as the dominant note but I am sure that I am not right. It is such a nice smell and I wish I owned a bottle...

Just bought this stuff blind in a set that included a 1.7 EDT, shower gel, and after shave balm for 16 bucks. It's not bad, didn't quite blow me away. One reviewer on the site said it smelled like a cedar cabinet with smouldering incense below. On me, throw in lots and lots of pepper, and there it is.