Code of Conduct

Default Davidoff Silver Shadow??

How do you nike this. I gave it a quick spray on my way home a couple of days ago and I rather liked it. It reminded me of Rocabar and Old Spice with its woodyness, berry freshness, pepperlike spicyness and vanilla smoothness. A good and romantic fragrance for anyone from 25 and up. Have to try it again but my first verdict is a good one but not love at first smell...
    What are your thoughts?

/ Tobbe

Default Re: Davidoff Silver Shadow??

I thought the EDT version was too light and uninteresting, and barely lasted a couple of hours on my hand. But the stronger version (I think it was called Pure) was everything the EDT wasn't. That one I really liked.
    Renato

On my skin it smelled almost like EXACT copy of Boss Bottle (sparklink freshness, apple notes, vanilla, fruity-woody fougere all in all). Perhaps a tad more woody.
    Even the package of Boss Bottle is grey in colour, akin to the name "silver shadow".

Luxury? Not a chance! Pretty much like everything else on the market.
    The name should read something along the line of "silver shadow of grey".

Regards, Odor.
    "One man's "cat piss" is another one's "masterpiece" (popular fragrance wisdom)

its far from luxe.

I have to admit I like it,but I agree with The-odor, it's has some resemblance with Boss bottled. Less fruity sweet smelling, more spicy and amber,but very close to the skin. Not great, but good for work.

http://www.davidoff.com/silvershadow/silvershadow.html

in my opinion, it is softer than Boss Bottled..very smooth... I like it a lot and has a good longlivety..before buying it, i have to try the Pure Blend version..

I have also Tuscany, and after that, I bought Tuscany Forte (now discontinued, I think)...and suprise, the Forte didn"t last as long as the normal version?!?

I find out that that is the fact with many 'concentrated' versions...

Silver Shadow is not a bad scent, it's like a mixture between Boss Bottled and Lacoste pour homme. Definitely better than each of the two. Yet, they need to rethink the price tag, 50 Euros for 50 ml is just too much for a designer scent. 82 Euros for the 100 ml prestige edition is even more far out. We're reaching niche prices here!!! :P

Err, btw, a much nicer and more classy version of sweet and refined is Gurelain L'Instant. I now have a sample of Silver Shadow on my left hand and L'Instant on my right. The latter outperfomes Silver Shadow any day! :P

I get a softer/tamer Lacoste PH (grey bottle)

Hmmmmmmmm

:

Just tried it today. It resembles The Dreamer and shares a common fruity note with Coolwater(which I hated).

Pure Blend is not bad at all. I tried it several times and will definitely have it.

I just won a bottle of Pure Blend tonight from England....
    this was a blinder :

Absolutely = Boss #6(Bottled)!!!!!! It is not bad, but why no originality or worse a blatant copy?

Its much, much more similar to the latest Boss IMO, Boss Soul. The two are actually hard to tell apart. Woods and spice on a diet-amber base, very boring. But Id like to try the concentree version.

MMM

Silver Shadow was disapointemt for me: Boss Bottled with harsh, woody base and shorter longevity.

Davidoff has lost it`s way.