Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New: Daytona 500 by Elizabeth Arden

Elizabeth Arden and International Speedway Corporation (ISC) will collaborate on the launch of the Daytona 500 fragrance for men.

For more info check www.Moodiereport.com > product news > fragrances.

Default Re: New: Daytona 500 by Elizabeth Arden

This is basically quite interesting. I am a great motor-racing fan. But then, my intrest is focused very strongly to open-wheelers. ( F1, Cart, IndyCar etc.)
    I have never been into Nascar; I guess it`s just too American phenomenom for my taste...

Kind of cheesy I know, but I really would like to see, for example, a fragrance called Grand Prix...Scent could be something similar to Nostalgia, Bvlgari Black, CdG Garage... :P

Post Thanks / Like

You can find some more info about the fragrance on today's http://www.cosmeticnews.com

Daytona 500 (Elizabeth Arden International)

top: yuzu, bergamot and mandarin.
    heart: tarragon, sage, maté and a watery accord.
    base: nutmeg, cardamom, amber and sandalwood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    This is basically quite interesting. I am a great motor-racing fan. But then, my intrest is focused very strongly to open-wheelers. ( F1, Cart, IndyCar etc.)
    I have never been into Nascar; I guess it`s just too American phenomenom for my taste...
    That's exactly what I think... And I can't understand what's the rave about oval circuits...

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    [quote author=Pigeon Murderer link=1140433954/0#1 date=1140442275]This is basically quite interesting. I am a great motor-racing fan. But then, my intrest is focused very strongly to open-wheelers. ( F1, Cart, IndyCar etc.)
    That's exactly what I think... And I can't understand what's the rave about oval circuits...[/quote]

Hmm...I actually do like ovals, a lot. I follow IndyCar as much as I can, and that series is nothing but ovals with the exception of three races.
    Hey, I would looove to see ovals in F1 too - but that will never happen.

Fave track is Spa however, and it was so sad to see that go out of calendar.

Btw RCavs, it will be nice to see Räikkönen to run away from Massa & Rubinho.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    [quote author=RCavs link=1140433954/0#3 date=1140551178][quote author=Pigeon Murderer link=1140433954/0#1 date=1140442275]This is basically quite interesting. I am a great motor-racing fan. But then, my intrest is focused very strongly to open-wheelers. ( F1, Cart, IndyCar etc.)
    That's exactly what I think... And I can't understand what's the rave about oval circuits...[/quote]

Hmm...I actually do like ovals, a lot. I follow IndyCar as much as I can, and that series is nothing but ovals with the exception of three races.
    Hey, I would looove to see ovals in F1 too - but that will never happen. *

Fave track is Spa however, and it was so sad to see that go out of calendar.

Btw RCavs, it will be nice to see Räikkönen to run away from Massa & Rubinho. *[/quote]

Ovals are so boring, pigeon!!!
    Well, It'll be a good fight, but Raikkonen seems to be too cold... where's the "sauvage" feeling that Senna and Mansel used to show? (how I miss them nowadays)

It's weird...here in the USA, Nascar is not seen as similar to other motorsports. It's sorta seen as it's own thing (well those stupid truck races are sorta grouped with it). It's basically seen that Nascar is an American thing and real road racing/F1 etc, is a European thing.

For example: I like REAL motorsports. I'm talking about tracks like Laguna Seca, etc. Chicanes, decreasing radius corners, all that good stuff. BUT, i wouldn't waste a day of my life to watch a Nascar oval race, especially with my hick cousins and uncle talking about "that darn Jeff Gordon" and all the other drivers they talk nonstop about. The only way you could convince me to watch a whole Nascar race was if you offered me at least $20 and a limitless supply of beer to drink during the race...Then again i could be persuaded to do a lot of things for $20 and a lot of beer, haha.

That being said, i hope this fragrance goes well with mullets and 80's Camaros...

A bit off topic here but what the hell.

As a hotel bartender, my worst idea of hell is getting stuck working a day shift in which the Daytona 500 is on TV, because I get swamped with cheap hoosiers. *Sunday i had a group of about 20 Jeff Foxworthys, Larry the Cable Guy types and their wives in my bar to watch this crap. *They were leaving the next morning for a trip to Mexico ( I say lets send them to Mexico permanently, and let the poor Mexicans who have to put up with them come HERE!). *The loudest group of hootin' and a hollerin pieces of crap I've ever met. (Of course we get some ghetto fabulous morons any time a Philly Eagles game is on-don't get me started there!)

I call these hoosiers "War Chesters" when they come in. *They're too low class to actually start a proper tab. *And they're too lazy to pay round for round for their drinks...So they each pull out a hundred dollar bill and let it sit there in front of them (their "war chest&quot *Then everytime their bottle of "cuurs lawt" is empty, they expect it to be replaced, and they expect the bartender to keep taking money from their "pile" to pay for it, returning their change to the pile. *Anytime people pay in this slovenly, redneck method...it only means they will never leave a tip.

These are the kind of guys who return their crabcakes saying they smell fishy, and by loudly chuckling, "they smell like panty perch", and remarks like that. *The kind of guys who still use words like "colored folk" openly in a crowded, mixed bar in 2006. *The kind of guys who descend on a bar like locusts, watch Daytona 500, drink like fish, stay for two hours, spend a hundred bucks and then push a small pile of mixed change onto the rail for a tip.

The only revenge I got was one of the guys went to hand me 50 cents and he accidentally said "Here you go HONEY...uh, I mean, uh, dude." *ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!! He called me "honey" *And his friends all noticed but were too embarrassed for him to even give him a hard time. What a Freudian-Brokeback moment he was having.

I do have the notes for Daytona 500 if anyone is interested.

Top notes:Coors light, sweet tea notes
    Middle notes:chewing tobacco notes, Winstons, rusted pennies
    Base notes: Panty Perch, armpits, Jeff Gordon's jockstrap, Jefferson Davis' DNA

They're screwing up by letting Elizabeth Arden market this scent. *If they want these rubes to automatically buy it, all they have to do is get the Franklin Mint to distribute it!

No offense to any rubes.
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

I can see why this will be unveiled in Sears and JCPenney :-X

Post Thanks / Like

"...Jeff Gordon's jockstrap..." Ok, I'm a freak but I wouldn't mind that note... at all. ;D

Nowsmellthis has a picture of the bottle, I think it's fun...
    Link: http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...1/1775489.html

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    "...Jeff Gordon's jockstrap..." Ok, I'm a freak but I wouldn't mind that note... at all. ;D

Nowsmellthis has a picture of the bottle, I think it's fun...
    Link: http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...1/1775489.html
    Heh, that bottle is actually quite nice, I agree.

ps. I wouln`t mind having Danica Patrick`s jockstrap note in a bottle...Uuh yeah, I`m a freak too.

(In case you didn`t know; Danica Patrick is a beautiful Indycar driver, and yes, I regret that comment already.)

:

Post Thanks / Like

There is even more info in today's WWD news.

Jeff Gordon will represent both the new Daytona 500 cologne and Halston Z 14. The article explains that since Jeff became the face of Z 14 sells have rised by 50%!

Even Disney/Pixar has it's Nescar Product...

Watch the trailer: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/cars/

Post Thanks / Like

My eyes! It burns!!!

I'm actually willing to give it a chance however, though I expect the usual aquatic qualities of a mass produced fragrance. Though the one question I'm thinking about is: Are people actually going to buy this?