Code of Conduct

Default Millesime Imperial vs.  Clive Christian X

For those who have tried both, do you think there are similarities? I just got a vial of CC X among other goodies from Buffalo_Gals (who I fondly have started referring to as the "Medicine Woman" ;D ), and the drydown, while different from MI, has a similar character.

For those who have tried one or the other, I reccomend that you try the one you haven't tried, if you like the one you did try. (there is no spoon)

Also, CC X has the hands-down best use of a pepper note that I've experienced (I have very little experience). I applied it an unprecidented three (3) times today. I never do more than one applicatio per day per frag, so that says a lot.

Back to the couch to sniff more juice from the Medicine Woman.........

There is no Nose....

Default Re: Millesime Imperial vs. *Clive Christian X

Interesting, The downside of MI is its POOR lasting power, so Clive X could be interesting. Tell me more
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Quote Originally Posted by Incedal
    Interesting, The downside of MI is its POOR lasting power, so Clive X could be interesting. *Tell me more
    I would say they're lasting power is about equal. *For me that's okay because I don't really apply frags for silage as much for personal space and my own sniffing satisfaction. *For me, one spary of MI lasts the entire day. *I applied the CC X three times not because it evaporated on me, but more just enjoy the excellent pepper-laced topnotes. *

Both MI and CC X are natural formulations, and I think naturals as rule have less lasting power. Just my newbie opinion.

There is no Nose....

The choice is easy for m e since I don't like "X". My vote goest o MI.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    The choice is easy for m e since I don't like "X". My vote goest o MI.
    You don't notice ANY similaritied between the two? How long did you try the CC X?
    There is no Nose....

Default Re: Millesime Imperial vs.  Clive Christian X

Didn't notice any similarities myslef. But I can't really remember X's drydown as the top and middle are amazing. I love the pepper also. I've also tried Dior's Eau Noir which is supposed to be clovey/little peppery and still liked X a lot more. Why isn't this cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    Didn't notice any similarities myslef. But I can't really remember X's drydown as the top and middle are amazing. I love the pepper also. I've also tried Dior's Eau Noir which is supposed to be clovey/little peppery and still liked X a lot more. Why isn't this cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
    You sound just as crazy about X as I do! How does it compare to 1872 IYO?

There is no Nose....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Millesime Imperial vs.  Clive Christian X

Sorry I don't smell any similarity between X and MI. X is all about smooth spices to me while MI starts out fruity and dries down somewhat salty. I think 1872 is closer to MI as it's more herbal and citrusy.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    Sorry I don't smell any similarity between X and MI. *X is all about smooth spices to me while MI starts out fruity and dries down somewhat salty. *I think 1872 is closer to MI as it's more herbal and citrusy.
    You don't pick up any salty and slightly musky notes in the CCX drydown?

There is no Nose....

Quote Originally Posted by OlfaOmega
    [quote author=DrOfTheSoul link=1140658137/0#5 date=1140667217]Didn't notice any similarities myslef. But I can't really remember X's drydown as the top and middle are amazing. I love the pepper also. I've also tried Dior's Eau Noir which is supposed to be clovey/little peppery and still liked X a lot more. Why isn't this cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
    You sound just as crazy about X as I do! * *How does it compare to 1872 IYO? *

[/quote]

1872 is very herbal. Personally I don't usually go for these types (a heavy oriental person, check out the tiny drobe) so I didn't really like it as much. But don't let my bias keep you from it, many people on the board attest to the fact that this scent has amazing evolution. Until then, let's keep looking for a cheaper X. :P