Code of Conduct

Default Hey...THEY PUT JICKY IN ARPEGE HOMME!!!

I was at Neimans today, testing actually quite a bit of stuff, I was there mainly to re-test Arpege Homme, this time on my skin because it was all blah on a blotter.

It opens slightly citrus but woodsy right off the top, then warms to this beautiful, just BEAUTIFUL scent similar to Jicky after the blast of lavender. I'm not sure, but I think I detect a little lavender in the mix and definitely the sweet ambery vanilla, but definitely without the feral civet. It lasts forever on my skin. I also smell pepper and clean resinous woods finish it off on the drydown. I definitely decided that I couldn't live without this scent. Wish I actually bought the 100 ml bottle though, but I've already gone over my limit of scent purchases for the month...wayyy over! Cool bottle, but I think something's wrong with my cap though. It doesn't snap to the neck, falls right off if I held it upside down.

Definitely a must have for me. ;D All tickled again smelling something new, something familiar, but better!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Serpent

Default Re: Hey...THEY PUT JICKY IN ARPEGE HOMME!!!

Umm, Jicky? I missed that. But then, I was too busy noticing how much Arpège pour Homme resembled Valentino V...

Jicky is there, not as full as Arpege is in overall composition, perhaps some remnants as ST Dupont's signature, without the strong vein of birch, but lovingly full, warm, and incensy. I want this burning in my funeral, Gucci PH has taken second, hehe.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

That's funny iMaverick, last night I sampled this for the first time, and thought it's an excellent scent. I thought I'll start a thread about this one, then I noticed this one.

I'm really surprised that this haven't got more attention here. For me anise is dominant here, giving this fragrance a warm and subtle, never too sweet, licorice scent. Woods and spices balance the anise very well. So much better than for example Lolita Lempicka's sweet and cloying anise note. I don't quite get the Jicky comparison either, but after first sampling I'm impressed.

It's been only about a month old here in my part of the states, and it is a 2005 scent. Yeah, very little coverage on this one, perhaps unimpressional or many haven't tried it, or are people that devious to keep it to themselves? > Hehe.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Agreed. This is one of the best of 2005. The pink pepper topnotes are superb. iMav, I think you might be onto something (a little ;D) with the Jicky connection. The basenotes of Arpege homme have this milky sweetness something I sense in Jicky too. It is divine, love it ....
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

I then again think that the basenotes of Arpege are similar to Yerbamates basenotes, powdery sweetness.

I think it's rather Le Male:-P
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

Hey imav,

just checked your profile and saw Amitabh B pour homme. As and Indian I find it hilarious that this actor actually has his own cologne, and even better that someone on basenotes has it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    Hey imav,

just checked your profile and saw Amitabh B pour homme. As and Indian I find it hilarious that this actor actually has his own cologne, and even better that someone on basenotes has it.
    Hey DrOfTheSoul, I didn't know what to expect with this one. If you read my review, I thought I was looking to buy something that was oriental, but that really fell short, smelling like a sporty fresh scent, but ironically, with more added thought, it also reminded me of Boucheron, but without the stronger citrus presence. Eeeyah! I think I'm starting to like it!

I don't exactly know how revered Mr. Bachchan is, but all I can say is if Elizabeth Taylor can do it, so can any other celebrity.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!