Code of Conduct

Default Bois du Portugal sucks

... it sucked me into a nirvana of olfactory revelation. In my mind's eye, I have always tried to envision the experience and I fell so short in my wild imagination from encompassing the actual the magnitude of this giant. Last time I got moved like this by a fragrance was when I discovered Tabac Blond. I'm so smitten. It hurts.

Default Re: Bois du Portugal sucks

Too funny!

BdP was my first Creed purchase. Until about the third time I tested it I hated it, then, wham, it had me. One of those I-don't-care-what-the-cost-is fragrances.

It does suck.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I jumped into this bandwagon as well... It worths every penny. 8-)
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se męle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Overcome By Fumes

Undeniably well said.

If I had to describe anything or anyone that sucked better, my post would have to be deleted.

By some strange coincidence, I bought my first bottle of BdP today, and it's from the fabled vintage year of 2002 according to the date stamp on the back.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Damn, I am going to have to pull out my sample vial again and give it another chance. This is one that has not caught me yet. Like DustB, I have sampled it twice now and did not like the drydown too much. Could a third time be a charm? We'll see!

You all suck for making me try it again! ;D

The ONLY Creed I love.

All I can say is Prrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    This stuff is dowright sexy!!!! I Will NEVER ~ EVER be without it!!!!!

Apparently, I am the only dissenter. I wholeheartedly agree with the subject of this post...
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    Too funny!

BdP was my first Creed purchase. *Until about the third time I tested it I hated it, then, wham, it had me. *One of those I-don't-care-what-the-cost-is fragrances.

It does suck.
    --Chris
    Lucky for some, If I could turn back the hands of time, my GIT purchase would be a BdP purchase.

I agree with you Chris, you can't put a price on this true love ;D.

Magnnum

Let your nose be your pilot

Me loves this to bits!

Almost as good as Acier!

;D

I was a doubter at first...this took me approx 3-4 times of full wears to appreciate it....I Couldn't get this "rankness" out of my nose....then...BAM, it hit me.....Not stinky but a beautiful scent....I am now a fan and will also NEVER be caught without a bottle.

BdP is a go to for me.
    It is interesting because I bought a decant while a 2.5oz was on order. The decant arrived and it was not good at all, an unpleasant peppery note that didnt go away on drydown, I was pretty sure a bad choice had been made.
    Then the full size one arrived and it was great.

My nose ran into it a year ago, and when I systematically searched what it may be called,
    I found basenotes, and a whole new world of crazy fools...
    Bois du Portugal is the first fragrance that was not given to me,
    the first fragrance (of several) where I say:
    I don't care what it costs,
    I don't care what anybody thinks,
    it's erotic as a scent can be,
    I must have it!
    It is ME !

As life goes on, I must not forget to sample Acier Aluminium, before I buy a bigger bottle of BdP

'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

This scent sucked me into purchasing an 8.4oz bottle and I'm glad that I did it! ;D

My first purchase of a quality fragrance was when I bought a decant of this from Buffalo_Gal via Ebay (Dragonfly00), which is how I got interested in fragrances in the first place, so yeah it began an interest in me that precipitated a very steady "suck" on my finances. The fragrances itself was an eye (and nose) opening experience for me.

Argueably the best from this house & definitely top 3 in this general category.

What I wrote a year ago:

Pure masculine power! Classic Gordon Gecko style powerhouse scent with amazing sillage and projection. Not for the too young or insecure for sure. Cedar, sandal, lavender, vetiver and citrus notes mingle in the most manly way possible. A joy and something that will always be in the fragrance wardrobe of many men.

It´s masterpieces like this, Acier & Royal Delight that prevents me from ever dismissing Creed, despite of recent let down releases.

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt
    Argueably the best from this house & definitely top 3 in this general category...
    It´s masterpieces like this, Acier & Royal Delight that prevents me from ever dismissing Creed, despite of recent let down releases.
    MMM
    Although I have learned a lot in this one year with basenotes, I still do not know what a 'Gordon Gecko scent' is. But I liked your review when it was published. I wonder if you wouldn't want to add that last sentence to your BdP review? Although our views differ on a few scents (regrettably so on Piper Nigrum) I love to consult your reviews when I am planning to buy something new. Besides, they are fun reading!
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

by error - blush

BdP and Amouage Gold Crystal are the only 2 fragrances I really, really like.

^ Thx, glad to be of assitance. With Gordon Gecko (Michael Douglas´s character in Wall Street) scent I mean something powerful, uncompromising, something to wear when doing hostile takeovers of big companies!

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Vavoom
    ... it sucked me into a nirvana of olfactory revelation. In my mind's eye, I have always tried to envision the experience and I fell so short in my wild imagination from encompassing the actual the magnitude of this giant. Last time I got moved like this by a fragrance was when I discovered Tabac Blond. I'm so smitten. It hurts.
    damn.....I had the caps lock hit when I first read the title alone and was already to type "I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!". Looks like I had to take the caps lock off!

I got a sample of this at Neimans, and ho boy, I need to work on this...has a green powdery spicy nature that's going to need quite a bit of analyzing for me. Reminds me of original Tabarome and Sandringham.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I just don't get this scent yet. It's just kind of dull but spicy and woody. But dull being the key word. That's what comes to mind for me at least. Anther scent that I would say I had a similar reaction to was Gucci
    Envy.

this one started my Obsession with upscale scent in the early 90s. 8-)

I love it, but for some reason it never seems to fully develop on my skin. I don't know if this is just the way the scent is meant to be, or if I'm just not wearing it for long enough. Tantalising.

Love it!!! One of the first Creeds that rang my bell.
    DONNA

Terrific drydown. Nasty topnotes. Always get compliments - one hour after application.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt
    ^ Thx, glad to be of assitance. With Gordon Gecko (Michael Douglas´s character in Wall Street) scent I mean something powerful, uncompromising, something to wear when doing hostile takeovers of big companies!

MMM
    Oh yes, the nasty side of it. - Michael Douglas, I mean some of the characters he plays so well, tell me exactly. They could wear that also. Thank you! MMM

I'm a huge fan of Portugal. If you wear it well, you wear it VERY well. Confident, Mature..............

"Established"