Code of Conduct

Default Agraria bitter Orange

Please bring me up to scratch on this fragrance. Is it just a room fragrance?

http://www.lusciouscargo.com/Merchan...oduct_Count=10

Thanks in advance
    Let your nose be your pilot

Default Re: Agraria bitter Orange

Consider yourself scratched
    http://www.aedes.com/product.php?product_id=1 * cologne
    http://www.aedes.com/brand.php?brand_id=2&cat_id=2 * *diffusers etc...
    http://www.aedes.com/brand.php?brand_id=2&cat_id=4 * *bath and body

I am going there tomorrow to load up on Bitter Orange ;D

I'm already scratched somewhat lol!

What's the deal with this bitter orange potpourri? I'm gagging to learn more about it...

I haven't smelled the potpourri yet, but I did get a whiff of the diffuser jar and instantly fell in love with it. It reminded me at first whiff of those Celestial Seasonings Orange Spice teas with some sugar added in. I smelled almost all of the diffusers Aedes had out and all I can say was only two stopped me in my tracks.
    One was the Bitter Orange, which was sold out at the time and the other was Anthous'a Cliff Rose and White Carnation
    "Sunny sensuality surrounds this sparkling bouqet of red rose, white carnation and the merest hint of fresh mimosa. The bouquet finishes with the precious woods and warm musks. Notes of mandarin leaves and neroli petals highlight this intense floral melange." taken from Aedes.
    absolutely wonderful scent

Thanks for the info...

Celestial Seasonings does not do this justice.

Agraria Bitter Orange is more like those incredible pomanders of old. Deep, warm cloves plus other spices like ginger and cardamon;*lush but stately bourbon roses; Seville Oranges -- like the ones for good tawny marmalade and with that same candied sense, not a fresh squirty-juice note;

Agraria's Bitter Orange is a matured, meditative, almost nostalgic fragrance, not a sparkly, energizing scent. It is not terribly complex, but neither is it murky or opaque or too simple. It is quite satisfying, especially in autumn or winter. You can listen to Bach or Hayden surrounded by this fragrance.

If you are looking for a juicier fresh Orange note and zingy pepper into the spice, a simliar scent to Agraria's Bitter Orange but in a different, *sprightlier mood is *i Profumi Firenze Spezie dè Medici, supposedly inspired by*frargance formulae of the Medici family. It has that same spiced pommander feel, but it is a different feeling state entirely.

Agraria prodcut is internationally distributed (maybe you saw the reference to Giorgio Armani being an Agraria Bitter Orange fanatic in the NY Times article link in NoseOrgy's Aedes thread. ) *So you can email to find out where you can buy in your area: custsvc@agrariahome.com

Somewhere in the 90's they expanded to personal fragrance and now have the works: cologne, bath gel, body lotion, shampoo & conditioner, soap, bath salts, candle, potpourri, sachet, diffuser, incense.

The potpourri is still wonderful, even though potpourri was over exposed and cheapened last decade. The personal fragrance is superb. Same level of quality.

Agraria has been around since the late sixties, early seventies. began as a country antiques store in San Francisco and potpourri was their start. *

By late 70's Agraria introduced candles and srpay home fragrance and other scents. Then Henry Bendel got it in NYC when the one and only Geraldine Stutz and inspired Lee Bailey had the ground floor filed with the most exciting and absolutely magical things for the home. Bergdorf Goodman/Nieman Marcus had Agraria by the 80's. I could only get it in Manhattan at Bergdorfs in '84. *The candle container had the same woven-cane wrapping as it does now which casts such a lovely shadow pattern on the walls. *

It dropped off my radar for the last 20 years but *I could still conjure the wonderful aroma. So I am back. It would make a fabulous persaonl fragrance.

I tried a sample of the "personal fragrance" the other day. Going on, it smelled just like those old fashioned Christmas decorations made by sticking cloves into an orange...mmmm. The drydown was quite nice, very smooth (an important thing for me) and not overly sweet. One of the better Orange scents I've come across.

Isaac

Going on, it smelled just like those old fashioned Christmas decorations made by sticking cloves into an orange...mmmm.
    Exactly, that is a pomander (see above) -- an orange, rolled in spices which include orris root, studded all over with whole cloves and tied round with ribbon to ahng it from.

I am surprised there is not more chatter about this one. It's great! It's very spicey and orange and slightly soapy. It has a classic feel. It reminds me somewhat of a spicey bay rum. I am anxious to see how this works in warmer weather - I suspect it will translate quite well. I recommend you try this one.

i like this one, unusual -- rich spices over a bitter orange zest with a sweet waft of drying, sumptuous roses.

i too am surprised with the mentions this has had in the press that it is not generating more buzz here. *maybe if had been created by Creed?

Quote Originally Posted by Setamp
    I am surprised there is not more chatter about this one. * It's great! *It's very spicey and orange and slightly soapy. *It has a classic feel. *It reminds me somewhat of a spicey bay rum. *I am anxious to see how this works in warmer weather - I suspect it will translate quite well. *I recommend you try this one.
    Is it of short duration like a citrus scent or does it have reasonable longevity?

Quote Originally Posted by sqboy1
    [quote author=Setamp link=1138984267/0#8 date=1140572712]I am surprised there is not more chatter about this one. * It's great! *It's very spicey and orange and slightly soapy. *It has a classic feel. *It reminds me somewhat of a spicey bay rum. *I am anxious to see how this works in warmer weather - I suspect it will translate quite well. *I recommend you try this one.
    Is it of short duration like a citrus scent or does it have reasonable longevity?[/quote]

Good duration. It's not really citrusy, less juice more dired peel. its really about spices

I have the potpourri and the recharger and to be honest it doesn't project at all. It smells really nice, but even laoding up on the recharge juice it didn't do nearly enough to warrant the cost. My girlfriend has an ultra sensitive nose and she can hardly detect it....which is too bad because it smells really nice.

i'm afraid your girlfriend's nose has a blind spot or the equivalent.

projection? the candle and diffuser room scent about knock me over. i can't burn the candle very long before snuffing it to keep it from overpowering the room. still its terrific though. kind of unique. very classy.

didn't chandler burr write about agraria bitter orange *in the NY Times last december and say that it is a favorite of giorgio armani, who scented his entire show last fall with this fragrance. *it had enough projection to cover a large fashion show venue.

Quote Originally Posted by baiesbaby
    i'm afraid your girlfriend's nose has a blind spot or the equivalent.

I must have a bad batch because it doesn't do anything for me either.

I find the edt to be extremely long-lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G.
    [quote author=baiesbaby link=1138984267/0#13 date=1140579966]i'm afraid your girlfriend's nose has a blind spot or the equivalent.

I must have a bad batch because it doesn't do anything for me either. *[/quote]

that's got to be it, dude. you should return it and get a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Setamp
    I find the edt to be extremely long-lived. *
    and doesn't it project pretty well? this is not a shrinking violet of a scent like the batch paul g got.

btw: what makes a bad batch. i've come across this a couple of times in threads where someone says they tried something -- blah -- tried a different batch and WHAM!! --kismet.

is it like wine -- most often bad storage? high heat or heat fluctuations, light exposure, air exposure that oxidizes it? paul, you're the moderator here, what causes this phenomenon?