Code of Conduct

Default Bill Blass 100 Strength Natural Cologne (1970s)

Hello! *I've been looking for Bill Blass 100 Strength Natural Spray Cologne for years. *I saw it advertised about six months ago in small bottles, but can't find it now.

The liquid was a clear orange color, and the bottle has vertical "Bill Blass" and other information in blue lettering. *The bottle has a silver top. I seem to remember it came in a 60 strength, too. I have one left with just a small amount of the product left.

Revlon made the perfume for Bill Blass, as I recall. *Once, I called Revlon but they would not share the formula, of course.
    One perfumer in Massachusetts tried to duplicate it, but the result wasn't very good.

Any information would be gratefully appreciated. *Please post here if you have a source for this rare cologne. *

Also, any guidance in having it copied for my own use only -- would be helpful. *I live in the Portland, Oregon area.

Thank you,

Radio_Lady

Default Re: Bill Blass 100 Strength Natural Cologne (1970s

To duplicate a scent I would try DSH Perfumes (www.dshperfumes.com)

https://www.dshperfumes.com/index_eo.asp
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Thanks, Sandalwood,

I checked them out. They want $425.00 for reproducing a fragrance.

That's a little too rich for my blood, but appreciate the post anyway.

I bought a bottle of Eternity at a consignment store and I think I should give up on the 1970s perfume. It was a nice scent which I gave to a male friend and later, to my current husband of 33 years. Then I began using it myself, until it all ran out. I probably have about a teaspoonful left in a glass bottle that won't spray anymore.

Such is life!

In peace, Radio_Lady in Oregon

It should pop-up on Ebay from time to time. Though I checked and none were available at the moment.

You are very kind, cedriceccentric!

I am only concerned that this cologne may have aged badly, since I have no way of checking its "chain of custody"!

The product I have has been carefully kept in dark places, never uncovered, sometimes even refrigerated. Others may have had no controls at all.

I know that some perfumes offered at "estate sales" which may be aged -- can have definite changes which alter the experience of the original scent. I once purchased some "Arpege" and "My Sin" from a sale and -- guess what -- they were really rant!

In peace,

Radio_Lady in Oregon