Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Sean Johns first Unforgivable fragrance with

Is it my imagination but does it seem that anything that comes out of Estee Lauder company smell the same (ie Unforgiveable=Beyond Pleasure for men)....just curious???

I agree...it smells like a combo of Wall Street and MI...I'm not too keen on WS but I do like MI.
    Unforgivable does not give me a headache like WS does and it lacks the seaweed note that WS has.

I dont think Unforgiveable is even in the same category as a Bond NO. 9 fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by agml65
    I dont think Unforgiveable is even in the same category as a Bond NO. 9 fragrance.
    I agree ...

I think Bond's are much lower

This will probably be a big mass market hit. For that very reason I sure hope it's not too close to creeds MI. I'd hate to have people smell me with MI on and go "hey your wearing puffy's new stuff"

That being said I am still interested in sniffing this one just for the hell of it.

Default Sean John's Unforgiveable... Except his apology

Greetings Basenotes:

Before I start with my review of this hot clean masculine and very rich fragrance.
    I want to say "God has a way of redirecting you right back, to that very thing that you struggle with the most"

My name is Luther Aramis McRae, I believe a positive light can be shed on the man and his fragrance. I'm writing with so much passion, and conviction this morning, and hopefully this email will reach the right people and consumers. We fear what we don't understand in our everyday lives. And that either can make you, hurt you, or bless you.

I'm in the fragrance industry located in the mega-heart of San Francisco, Ca.
    And I was blessed to have worked for "Aramis Designer Fragrances" / Estee Lauder Co. And when I was introduced to the fragrance first. I was very excited about it. As I began to smell it, as it traveled through my oil factory my senses welcomed it.

Sean John is a very misunderstood man. I agree with alot of you about the ad. And this has been corrected. There are so many fragrances out and I don't want this one to fall short. By a wrongful or misunderstood image. The notes alone are hot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Basil, and Rum. (Good lord) Men and Ladies go out to your nearest Macy's on Feb 14 2006 and get this fragrance.

And hopefully i'll see you behind the fragrance counter.
    And hopefully all is "Forgivin"

Luther

I'll have to have it. I'm a sucker for hype. ;D

Currently wearing: Terre d'Herms by Herms

Default Re: Sean John's Unforgiveable... Except his apolog

Quote Originally Posted by MrLuther122667
    Greetings Basenotes:

Before I start with my review of this hot clean masculine and very rich fragrance.
    I want to say "God has a way of redirecting you right back, to that very thing that you struggle with the most"

My name is Luther Aramis McRae, I believe a positive light can be shed on the man and his fragrance. I'm writing with so much passion, and conviction this morning, and hopefully this email will reach the right people and consumers. We fear what we don't understand in our everyday lives. And that either can make you, hurt you, or bless you.

And I was blessed to have worked for "Aramis Designer Fragrances" / Estee Lauder Co. And when I was introduced to the fragrance first. I was very excited about it. As I began to smell it, as it traveled through my oil factory my senses welcomed it.

Sean John is a very misunderstood man. I agree with alot of you about the ad. And this has been corrected. There are so many fragrances out and I don't want this one to fall short. By a wrongful or misunderstood image. The notes alone are hot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Basil, and Rum. (Good lord) Men and Ladies go out to your nearest Macy's on Feb 14 2006 and get this fragrance.

Luther

Well, let's hope that Aramis doesn't botch this launch like some others, eh?
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Default Re: Sean John's Unforgiveable... Except his apolog

Quote Originally Posted by MrLuther122667
    Greetings Basenotes:

Luther

well, so long as it has been dubbed "hot" by the "oil factory" of someone in the industry....

Lol yeah, wtf...is he trying to say olfactory but said oil factory? Someone in the business would know better....

Tried it at Sephora today. To me it smelled like a Pleasures for men and Beyond Paradise combo but much more refined and better made than either. One of the best men fragrances under Estee Lauder's name IMO

I finally sprayed some of this on me in Macys and I have to say to my nose it smells like Estee Lauder's White Linen. White Linen has some kind of pungent note that just lingers and gets in your mouth and Unforgivable has it. Also I found this one to be one of the most longest lasting in a long time men's fragrance from Lauder/Amaris.

Tried this out.

On the initial spritz, it totally smelled like MI to me. So, I put a little on my wrists and wandered around to test a few other things. After the top note faded, it bore no resemblence whatsoever to MI. It was very weak; the only thing that stood out was a slight grapefruit-like scent. I didn't smell the musk or sea-salt I get from MI. And after only a few minutes I could smell almost nothing at all.

Like Scentimus I think that Unforgivable has a decent lasting power. I compared it with few other colognes and this one was superior.

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11
    Like Scentimus I think that Unforgivable has a decent lasting power. I compared it with few other colognes and this one was superior.
    What would you compare it to?

My wife bought me this for Valentine's Day.

It's very fresh. First minute there is a little Creed MI going on, but after dry down it's much more like Bond Wall Street. But I find it much more tolerable than Wall Street, which became very cloying on me after a couple of hours. There is a trace of Beyond Paradise in there as well.

So I like Unforgivable better, and it's eminently wore "wearable" than Wall Street. I actually may like it better than Creed MI, as well.

Sorry, guys. It's a great scent for work and settings where you want to smell good but not over power people.

Currently wearing: Terre d'Herms by Herms

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW
    My wife bought me this for Valentine's Day.

It's very fresh. First minute there is a little Creed MI going on, but after dry down it's much more like Bond Wall Street. But I find it much more tolerable than Wall Street, which became very cloying on me after a couple of hours. There is a trace of Beyond Paradise in there as well.

So I like Unforgivable better, and it's eminently wore "wearable" than Wall Street. I actually may like it better than Creed MI, as well.

Sorry, guys. It's a great scent for work and settings where you want to smell good but not over power people.
    DITTO....I can't tolerate Wall St. However, I fell MI may be a tad bit more favorable to me....Unforgivable is definitely a winner in my book.
    It lasts and lasts.

I saw this one at Carson's the other night and gave it a whirl. It's not bad. But it's not nimd-blowing, either. It is somewhat reminiscent of Millesime Imperial at first blast. The drydown on me smacks of Dunhill for Men 2003 with the musk note. But I've got more than a handful of contenders coming up ahead of this one. Maybe someday. I dunno.

I just tested this, and it really smells like a Bond No. 9 Wall Street clone. Has a good longevity for a fresh scent. I actually would buy it rather than spending loads on a bottle of Wall Street. I remember seeing the description of the scent on a post several months back with all the mumbo jumbo adjectives describing the scent. Getting tired of it really because all it should've said despite all the hype is "Smells like Wall Street".

He'll definitely catch a bunch of cologne wearers in my area...at least it's not going to smell like Polo Black around me anymore.

**UPDATE** I also catch his favorite Creed MI at the base too.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

"oil factory" LOL and ROTFL!

I'm sure he means well, but If I ever heard an SA say that I would laugh my ass off.

As for the scent. Can't comment on the $300 EDP (if it truly exists)

I did try the EDT though...

Nothing special. It isn't awful, but its just like something you'd find for ten bucks at TJ MAXX and STILL pass on it.

You can get a similar and vastly superior scent in Live Jazz. Similar scents, with Live Jazz having more character.

I actually do pick up the "champagne" note in Unforgiveable, but this scent overall is just unremarkable.

Nothing special. Really.

well, no matter the quality or affability of the fragrance itself, the truly remarkable thing is how much attention this is getting. *

look at this forum alone. as i write there are nearly 1500 replies! *

the next mostly highly trafficked thread comes in at far less than half that, a couple have been read ~ 400 times or so but most have only
    managed to grab the atttention of around 100 or fewer readings.

so what is really going on here? is this perhaps what he commands the bucks for? the man has undeniable branding power.

what do people think of the ad with the very uncomfortable, almost deceased looking, asian woman laying her neck stiffly
    (and apparently the only stiff thing for miles) on his thigh and staring blankly into the distance as Sean John himself perches
    awkwardly at the bed's edge as if he, too, is so bored he is about to run away and the semi-conscious, also unpleasured looking
    woman*in bed, propped against the wall in the backgrounsd. *Neither looks like they want to be there. what knid of message is that?

Another attempt to grab some of those Gio dollars.
    Gary