Code of Conduct

Default Santos and Santos Concentrée from Cartier

I tried Santos de Cartier tonight, on the back of one hand. The silage was better than many fragrances I've tried. Is this unusual, because I notice there is also a concentrated version, and I am wondering what the need for this is, or whether it is a different formulation.

Default Re: Santos and Santos Concentrée from Cartier

I've never tried the regular version but the concentree is superb. I doubt whether the concentree casts more sillage: the concentrated version is probably meant to increase longevity. Longevity is a problem with several of the Cartier scents.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus
    I've never tried the regular version but the concentree is superb. *I doubt whether the concentree casts more sillage: the concentrated version is probably meant to increase longevity. *Longevity is a problem with several of the Cartier scents.
    The Concentree really does last longer, and is less sweet than the original. I own and enjoy both, but i've never smelled the "original formulation" original, the one in the glass (or clear plastic) bottle. That one's supposed to be a lot better, from what i understand.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I've tryed it first several years ago and then retryed recently but seemed a bit weaker rather than what I remember it had to be... Maybe concentrée version is closer to the "vintage" santos... And surely long lasting

Thanks, all. I'll see if I can also test the concentrated version.

I have all the versions. The older Santos that comes in clear caramel glass and in a grey box with golden, vertical lines on the sides (re-fillable) is stronger (sillage and amber-wise) than the newer version, which comes in mat, brown glass and has a silver collar (this comes in the red box). Both suffer equally in the longvity department.

The older Concentree (comes in a grey box, too) and the new Concentree are EXACTLY the same--juice-wise. These are marvelous and closer to the older normal version, though a bit less sweet.
    They have better longvity but don't expect to smell them on your skin next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Vavoom
    I have all the versions. The older Santos that comes in clear caramel glass and in a grey box with golden, vertical lines on the sides (re-fillable) is stronger (sillage and amber-wise) than the newer version, which comes in mat, brown glass and has a silver collar (this comes in the red box). Both suffer equally in the longvity department.

The older Concentree (comes in a grey box, too) and the new Concentree are EXACTLY the same--juice-wise. These are marvelous and closer to the older normal version, though a bit less sweet.
    They have better longvity but don't expect to smell them on your skin next day.
    Wow, Killer, thanks for the info. Which version do you prefer?

And can you still buy the vintage version on-line?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Which version do you prefer?

And can you still buy the vintage version on-line?
    I love Santos in all the forms it's been released in, but the Concentree is the best, IMO.

The older version of both regular and concentree is discontinued and I don't think you'll find them online. E-bay is a realm that I know almost nothing about.

Cheers

Thanks a lot, Killer. Valuable information.

Santos is a magnificent , self-assured scent in the original and it surely lasts ( as do lots of Cartier scents , really , with the notable exception of Eau de Cartier ).
    The only trouble is it's a bit butch for a woman to carry , so I leave it to SO. But it's great with elegant sillage if you don't overspray.

I haven't tried the Concentree , but I doubt it is actually stronger ( because , well , that would be a bad thing in this case....). maybe it's a slightly different formulation as suggested before by another poster.