Code of Conduct

Default European online perfume stores

Every time I see internet ads for online perfume stores and check them out, they are always in America.
    As a european this is frustrating, means extra (sometimes exorbitant) shipping costs.
    The other day I found a site selling Jacamo de Jacamo for $10, only to find out the shipping costs would be $48 !!!
    Can anyone suggest european sites ?.....they hardly seem to exsist !
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Default Re: European online perfume stores

David, I'm totaly with you ! Most of the brands that we couldn't get anymore in Europe, they sell still in the States..but they don't ship overseas...and if they do, they asking hughe shipping costs...
    It really sucks..

When it comes to niche; www.first-in-fragrance.com is the best, it's from Germany.

Other than that www.escentual.com is from UK, check it out. It has mostly designer stuff, but also for example Serge Lutens, Creed and L'Artisan!

Tentatively I would offer http://perfumewarehouse.co.uk/

They are based also in Ealing W5 London.

I say 'Tentatively' since the last time I recommended this site others here complained about the prices. I agree with that complaint but it is nevertheless true that Perfume Warehouse has some rare stuff indeed and I am afraid it is a 'Horses for Courses' deal regarding their pricing.

Not everything is badly priced-The readily available stuff can be picked up elsewhere in any High Street but I can guarantee that Perfume Warehouse are a good contender for hard to find stuff.

They are quite friendly too. I have purchased from them myself in the past

Currently I am saving up to buy a rare bottle of the 1969 Monsieur Rochas from them.

Hope this helps..

G

I also have very good experiences with www.first-in-fragrance.com, they deliver very fast (well it's not a long way from Germany to Switerland) and specially they have really most of the niche scents under one roof. Maybe their not the cheapest option but the service is really good an you can order samples from even the most expensive scent (like Bond No. 9 or Clive Christian)

Regards
    opal

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk

haven't tried it yet, but i probably will, given the decent shipping costs and the competitive prices. There seems to have some pretty good deals to do, lots of testers for example.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

David, the Swiss webstore http://www.Geschenkidee.ch are quite good and very reliable. Their prices are often lower than store prices. They ship to Germany and Austria, but I think you have to talk to their customer service first. Delivery: 2-3 weeks in Switzerland, hardly more for Germany I would expect.
    US brands: they do not offer much
    It's worth your while to look at their catalog anyway.

'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial
    http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk

haven't tried it yet, but i probably will, given the decent shipping costs and the competitive prices. There seems to have some pretty good deals to do, lots of testers for example.

I've had excellent service from FragranceDirect. My last few orders, shipped via Rayal Mail, arrived in less than 24 hours! Pricing is usually very good too.

I'll certainly use them again.

I would like to emphatically recommend Schloss Parfümerie --
    http://schlossparfuemerie.de at least for samples. When I ordered samples from First in Fragrance/ALZD, they were about half full (some less) and were more expensive. I was rather disappointed, as I had heard so much about them. SP has fewer choices (though you can write to them for more - apparently all are not listed online), but also some not available at FIF and they sent completely FULL spray samples quickly. Strangely, they were sent loose in a regular paper envelope, but there was no leaking. Anyway, I was pleased. I cannot tell for sure if they ship outside Europe. Best of luck...
    Last edited by houseofstone; 31st October 2006 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOik
    I've had excellent service from FragranceDirect. My last few orders, shipped via Rayal Mail, arrived in less than 24 hours! Pricing is usually very good too.

I'll certainly use them again.

Ditto here - speedy delivery and well packaged too. They used to charge just £1 but have recently changed this I think.

Angry Re: European online perfume stores

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    David, the Swiss webstore http://www.Geschenkidee.ch are quite good and very reliable. Their prices are often lower than store prices. They ship to Germany and Austria, but I think you have to talk to their customer service first. Delivery: 2-3 weeks in Switzerland, hardly more for Germany I would expect.
    US brands: they do not offer much
    It's worth your while to look at their catalog anyway.
    Looks good, BUT: atm they only ship to Switzerland and Liechtenstein... WTF? What is it with many of the online dealers not shipping to Germany???

Many times, it sucks to be European with this hobby. It seems that our friends in States have so much better possibilities. Lucky bastards.

First in Fragrance is my favourite online store in Europe. Mainly because I`ve been moving towards niche more and more.
    Prices aren`t very nice, but it`s great that you can buy samples from there (with atomizer). And if you buy enough, you can get few samples for free. (this offer comes with full-size order only)

Kind of shame that they don`t have Lutens line for sale in FiF. Also, I would love to see their CdG line more complete.

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja
    Looks good, BUT: atm they only ship to Switzerland and Liechtenstein... WTF? What is it with many of the online dealers not shipping to Germany???
    (1) I didn't know, and am distressed to hear that. They are flexible though, in special situations I e-mailed them and things worked out well (CH -> Ch deals).
    http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/presse...chsa_vogue2006. The owner, Georg Wuchsa has contacted me within minutes on a special request, and that happened to be a sunday. They are located in Germany and have a good name. also within BN. They ship worldwide. Wide selection at high prices.

2) Are you referring to the alarming posts concerning the sale of testers? Ironically I just bought a few from a seller who resides in Switzerland. But they are linked to Ebay Germany, and their offers show up in Germany and Switzerland. l think it takes an insider to explain the mess. Maybe a court decision is being misinterpreted. I would be interested to read a reliable extract of pertinent rules, and not those wishy-washy Ebay recommendations. I tried to find a support address. Ebay is absolutely frustrating if you want to talk with somebody. 100 forms to complete, and the machine will return you back to zero - Orwell!
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

to 1): Aus Liebe zum Duft unfortunately carries neither YSL nor Burberry, which I am keenest on atm. When the time has come, maybe I'll contact Geschenkidee.ch anyway.

to 2): Yes, the testers, and I remember seeing at least one other shop that states it currently cannot ship to Germany (no mention of testers there).

There's an online store in Germany, www.parfumflacons.de , that sells only miniatures. That's where I found Cabochard, Miss Dior, Jolie Madame and Miss Balmain. Service is ok.

Here are some European sites; the problem with most of them is that, unlike the US ones, their prices are the retail ones. I haven't seen the discounts that the Americans are spoiled with. Also, if you compare the retail prices in the US with those in Europe, you'll see that the US ones are smaller; and thats ironic considering that almost every designer and niche frag is made in Europe.

http://webshop.skins.nl/xcart/home.php
    http://www.parfumchannel.de
    http://www.senteursdailleurs.com
    http://www.parfumbutler.com
    www.beautynet.de
    www.duon.de
    www.mussler-beauty.de
    www.parfuemplatz.de
    www.marionnaud.fr
    www.marionnaud.ch
    www.andorraparfums.com
    www.kurfuersten-parfuemerie.de
    www.hamburger-import-handel.de
    www.tschebull.at/onlineshop
    www.parfumstore.de
    www.parfumdreams.de
    www.parfum-shop4you.de
    www.parfuem-zauber.de

Also, in case of most of the niche houses you can buy directly from their websites.
    Last edited by Luca; 31st October 2006 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca30
    Here are some European sites; the problem with most of them is that, unlike the US ones, their prices are the retail ones. I haven't seen the discounts that the Americans are spoiled with. Also, if you compare the retail prices in the US with those in Europe, you'll see that the US ones are smaller; and thats ironic considering that almost every designer and niche frag is made in Europe.
    Don't most designer labels belong to some American corporation? But yeah, we're getting royally ripped off over here. I would so hope for these companies to get pounded with price fixing fines.

Maybe I should bury my eBay aversion...

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    Ditto here - speedy delivery and well packaged too. They used to charge just £1 but have recently changed this I think.
    Good experience with shipping to Germany, too.

And let's hear a big round of commiseration for us poor European high price victims! As I say, ebay is the only escape 'round here - and a few trusted Europe-based sellers here on BN, where the shipping doesn't ruin the price :-) .
    Last edited by the_good_life; 31st October 2006 at 06:57 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca30
    http://webshop.skins.nl/xcart/home.php .........

Also, in case of most of the niche houses you can buy directly from their websites.
    Well, what a bucket full of information! Thank you, Luca! I think for different historical reasons, all customers in Europe still behave like Cinderella not kissed awake yet. Too easily we accept fixed retail prices, while big buisiness exerts pressure to maintain their priviledges. Perfumes may be overpriced in the US, and they definitely are in Europe. Certain labels sell at peak prices in Switzerland (YSL, major Italian mass labels) while others may be lower here. On first glance, and big cities excluded, the variety offered seems to be equally miserable in Germany and Switzerland (Usually no Caron, Coty, Fragonard, Comme de G. except #2.). Is France the only country with Sephora chain stores. Nice place! Marrionaud France is better than they are in Switzerland, and a little cheaper. It is easier to pick older designer frags from shelves in France, at acceptable prices (Jules, Xerius, 3rd Homme).

European Niche Houses and major designers maintain headquarters on the East or West coast in the US. Whether or not they produce, or do any packaging there I do not know. We also do not know if and how much is produced in China these days. All the grey market Creeds, Chanels, etc. may be from excess, or defective production, and a lot of that is perhaps from east Asia, legally, or illegally sold by e-traders world wide. Both is possible. It might be interesting to follow up what three single products of one house sell at (regular, and effective prices) in various countries. There is no world market (price) for perfumes, and monopolies sell their products in various regions for what the local market 'gives' them (also drugs in Europe vis-a-vis Africa and Asia). I already mentioned Creed controlling which of their products may be sold in what country. Purpose: profit maximization by unfair practices. There is more than we suspect, I am afraid.

@fakepurseninja: I'll talk to GeschenkIdee about their chances to extend into Europe, maybe with a link here! It's a serious outfit, perfume being just a section.

You all know Manufactum (.de /.com /.uk etc. by now, don't you?) Just a few perfumes, but special ones for France, UK, wherever.
    Last edited by narcus; 31st October 2006 at 07:21 PM.

For designer frags I have used fragrance direct many times great prices and very fast delivery. I have just started sampling niche fragrances and have just placed my third order of samplers from First in Fragrance,no discounted prices but a great service.

Quote Originally Posted by womble
    For designer frags I have used fragrance direct many times great prices and very fast delivery. I have just started sampling niche fragrances and have just placed my third order of samplers from First in Fragrance,no discounted prices but a great service.
    btw. First in Fragrance = Aus Liebe zum Duft ("For the Love of Fragrance")
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Surfing at letter C (seeking and not finding Creed) randomly entered Clive Christian. Extremely expensive, but I found enthusiastic reviews at basenotes, and Abfüllung for about not more than 10-14 EURs. I know it means as a word 'refill', but does anybody actually know what it means in this case? Can it be used alone? If so, is it the bottle whis is so expensive? I'm especially interested because the composer's name (Géza Schön) is definitaly a hungarian name

perfumewarehouse.co.uk are selling Cuiron (50ml) for £61!!! Jesus, that's roughly THREE TIMES more than what I paid for my bottle!

I got my bottle of Lily today from http://www.premiereavenue.fr. Fast service and I like their selection of fragrances...

Isn't there a 'market place' section where (European) e-trader information can be collected? If somebydy could link this thread for permanent reference we could profit from this information on a long term basis. Finding yesterdays threads can be tough, at times.

Here are a couple US re-mail services that may work for some non-US Basenoters. It could be worth it if you want to order frequently from US sites.

http://www.mailforwarding.biz/

http://www.myus.com/

I have no experience with these particular companies but I have used domestic mail forwarding services for the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Surfing at letter C (seeking and not finding Creed) randomly entered Clive Christian. Extremely expensive, but I found enthusiastic reviews at basenotes, and Abfüllung for about not more than 10-14 EURs. I know it means as a word 'refill', but does anybody actually know what it means in this case? Can it be used alone? If so, is it the bottle whis is so expensive? I'm especially interested because the composer's name (Géza Schön) is definitaly a hungarian name
    Abfüllung = decant
    My Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life
    Abfüllung = decant
    Danke sehr Now the only thing I miss is the quantity of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Danke sehr Now the only thing I miss is the quantity of it.
    If it's a decant from First in Fragrance/Aus Liebe zum Duft you're refering to, these are between 2-3ml. They usually cost 3Euro flat, but in the case of Clive Christian, since a bottle costs 10 million gazillion pounds ...
    My Wardrobe

Thumbs up Re: European online perfume stores

[QUOTE=Johnny_Ludlow]When it comes to niche; www.first-in-fragrance.com is the best, it's from Germany.

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I ordered some samples from them after reading your post and they arrived in within a week (to Scotland). Very well packaged and presented. I will be ordering from them again, great service. Basenotes is sooooo informative!

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Every time I see internet ads for online perfume stores and check them out, they are always in America.
    As a european this is frustrating, means extra (sometimes exorbitant) shipping costs.
    The other day I found a site selling Jacamo de Jacamo for $10, only to find out the shipping costs would be $48 !!!
    Can anyone suggest european sites ?.....they hardly seem to exsist !
    I live in Germany try this website www.perfumerika.com. it is from USA but cheapper than others.

Hi Guys... i would like to send perfumes to my friend in Bucharest, Romania.
    Can you suggest any online perfume stores?

Is it better to buy from romanian online stores or can i buy from online stores outside romania? The reason i'm asking this question is because i don't want my friend to pay any import tax while receiving the package.

Hello
    I´m only buying from the shop http://www.parfumtip.de
    From Germany Best Price Fast Shipping
    And The best all are Original Parfums.
    Test it and visit the Parfum-Onlineshop http://www.parfumtip.de

Quote Originally Posted by arunsiv View Post
    Hi Guys... i would like to send perfumes to my friend in Bucharest, Romania.
    Can you suggest any online perfume stores?

Is it better to buy from romanian online stores or can i buy from online stores outside romania? The reason i'm asking this question is because i don't want my friend to pay any import tax while receiving the package.
    There are some dodgy ones with romanian website addresses - be very careful!
    Last edited by lpp; 29th March 2013 at 05:03 PM.

Hello everybody, my first post on this forum - I wanted to ask if anyone's shopped with TopParfumerie.nl (and apparently .eu as well?) What experiences you have with them? I actually have ordered a couple of times from them, and they seem to deliver and communicate fast. Their prices aren't cheap exactly, but they have a wide collection of fragrances.

Those products I got from them (Aramis, Aramis Havana, Encre Noire & Drakkar Noir) seem genuine, so do we give them a 'trustworthy' score? I tried searching their name on this forum, but got only a few incidental hits, nothing very conclusive. Your input would be appreciated, as there are a couple of other frags I'd like to get.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts View Post
    I got my bottle of Lily today from http://www.premiereavenue.fr. Fast service and I like their selection of fragrances...
    This is a wonderful place for fragrances. You are correct. I have shopped with them several times. Very fast delivery across the Atlantic.

Are there any deals on shipping etc? Quite costly even within europe

Quote Originally Posted by kotch7 View Post
    Are there any deals on shipping etc? Quite costly even within europe
    First in Fragrance has free shipping to the US if the total is 450 Euros or more. Less of a purchase necessary if you're in Europe.

what about premier avenue?

Quote Originally Posted by kotch7 View Post
    what about premier avenue?
    No free shipping out of France no matter how much you spend.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    No free shipping out of France no matter how much you spend.
    Cheers pal, great selection at both sites.

Basenotes Member

There is Iloveparfums.com which ships to some countries of Europe and even to US

see www.stadtparfuemerie-pieper.de/shop/

- - - Updated - - -

see english version www.profumo.it/

- - - Updated - - -

www.fragonard.com/
    Last edited by BelleBeryl; 6th May 2013 at 02:02 PM.

My fragonard order arrived today well packed and sort of blank box not posted from Grasse but different town very safe & nice.
    [COLOR=""]a rose is a rose is a rose[/COLOR]