Code of Conduct

Default Jack Black Frags / Geir /Canali at Nordstrom Visit

Well I just got back from the Big Apple...I promised my 11 yr. old nephew a weekend there for his Christmas present and last weekend we were off. Because this was a weekend for him I really had to pull back really really hard from checking out the smellies like I usually do.

Well during our shopping time if we went pass a Sephora or a frag store or as we walked through the frag district he would run in front of me and try to put his hands in front of my eyes so that I would not see the stores and go in...It was so funny because he knows and also enjoys and 'partakes' of my passion for my 'Liquid Joys'...

I did inform him that the only time I would be looking at frags would be when we went to Jersey for a quick hop as I wanted to sample and try the Jack Black Frags at Nordstroms as I had heard so much about them. I really was not dressed up for my visit there so the SA's in Nordstroms kind of gave me the cold shoulder--hey no worries to me.

After trying the Black, Blue and Silver smellies by Jack Black, I decided I wanted all three (I do understand why The Bark has the black as one of his favs)..all of a sudden the SA perks up...lolololol...boy I tell ya...anyway I than try Geir and Canali and decide to get these marvelous and wonderful joys to my nose as well. *Now you can imagine that the SA is now following me and almost in my mouth. Well that was a good afternoon for me as I thought.....My nephew was smelling these frags as I was and commented that he liked them as well and since this was his weekend I got him a bottle of each of them. I really did not want him coming to my house and using mine as I felt a little selfish with these new ones . So to the astonishment of the SA I bought 10 bottles of smellies and had a ball doing it... and especially watching her demeanor change..... ;D

It was a great day in Nordstroms and boy do my nephew and I smell even better now.......... ;D

Live Life,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

Default Re: Jack Black Frags / Geir /Canali at Nordstrom V

That must be the best smelling 11 year old around!

Fun story, thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Otto,

Would you please adopt me?

lol

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously man. 10 bottles... wow, that's a lot of money. As an uncle, you gotta start ripping those girls off him.

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    Dear Otto,

Would you please adopt me? *

lol

Otto, i did some research and found out i'm your long-lost nephew!! :
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

It always seems like there's no useful SA's behind the counter except for the occasional gem. I went to Oakbrook Center in Illinois. At Nordstrom's, they pretty much pushed their scent of the day, unhelpful, but there in the annoying way and the selection wasn't that good. At Neiman-Marcus, I was helped by Nancy(who I believe was actually from makeup) who was very friendly and courteous. I sampled a lot of Creeds, and Nancy gave me a sample of GIT and made me a sample of Himalaya to help me decide. I'll go back to the Neiman Marcus.

In most stores, I'd rather be left alone because the SA's are just useful for checking out.

Post Thanks / Like

Otto remmeber you promised me a bottle!
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

LOL...you guys are something else...lol....Yes AZsmells you are absolutely right..my apologizes...check out my IM....

Live Life,

Otto

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see the Black Mark catching on. I purchased the well-stocked bar (all three scents in 1oz splash bottles), and loved it so much, I went back and got a full bottle. I was a little disappointed with CdG's Sequoia, if only for the fact that I tried it after Black Mark and felt it didn't measure up. Two different scents, one obviously based on Sequoia, the other on Red Cedar. Sequoia is good in its own right, but I love Black Marks darker edge with a touch of saffron and leather.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Dressed up for visiting a shop? Huh? Sorry if I'm a moron but I don't get it... :

Quote Originally Posted by minilomaniac
    Dressed up for visiting a shop? Huh? Sorry if I'm a moron but I don't get it... :
    Otto was trying to point out that well-dressed customers at that store get better service.

Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I've tested the saffron ceder one also. Really loved it. But did it have any evolution, I didn't notice much.

Jack Black Signature Black was done by Yann Vasnier of Quest, who also did l'Homme Sage.

Other work by him: Cerruti 1881 Collection, CdG series #2 Rose and Palisander, Kangol Red.
    Lovesick the wind that carries it

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    [quote author=minilomaniac link=1137620588/0#9 date=1137638110]Dressed up for visiting a shop? Huh? Sorry if I'm a moron but I don't get it... :
    Otto was trying to point out that well-dressed customers at that store get better service.

[/quote]

Hey thanks a lot for that...your absolutley right............

Live Life,

Otto

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee...you must smell incredible. I'd just like to follow you around & enjoy the sillage.
    "Not my cup of mud."
    Oscar the Grouch