Code of Conduct

Default New: Esteban scent trio.

Esteban famous for their home scents are launching a scent trio that was inspired by some of their bestselling home fragrances. Esteban is a french company owned by japanese insence company Nippon KoDo.

Pivoine: That's a girly fruity floral with a touch of spice the dry down reminds me a bit of RL's Romance and YR's Comme une Evidence.

Tonka: This could be called Byzance (from Rochas) pour homme. It's warm and spicy with a powdery drydown. The most unisex in the line imho. My favorite.

Cčdre: Cinnamon and nutmeg with soft white wood. Cedre starts of very dry and masculine yet evolves to something rather smooth. *

They all smell quit differently from their home fragrance versions. Cedre is closer to the original. Like Esteban's roomsprays, these edts are longlasting, Cčdre less so on me but my skin doesn't hold woody spicy notes very well.

Over all not bad, but the compositions are somewhat "commercial" for a niche brand (yet again they are "affordably" priced).

Default Re: New: Esteban scent trio.

Are these fragrances associated with THE Esteban, the Shopping Network guitar god?

That all black "Zorro" outfit with the dark shades and hat is classic... I could see him coming out with a manly fragrance line to go with the look... (and the cheapish guitars)

-R

I don't know who you are talking about. This is not a celebrity fragrance launch. [smiley=huh.gif]

You don't know who Esteban is????? Haha, jk, he's a pretty sweet guitar player. He plays with his fingers mostly instead of a pick so he can play individual strings better than with a pick. He is also who i thought of right away when i saw the thread title...but that really would have suprised me if he had his own fragrance...

Thanks for this thread Ced,
    Iīve always admired Estebans products. In germany they are still an `insiderītip and itīs very hard to find their products.
    I am a little surprised that you didnīt mention their fragrance Fraîcheur Andalouse.
    Itīs a 100ml eau de toilette spray that isnīt expensive. Itīs a beautiful, explosive blend of mandarine and star anise. A wonderful, crazy, mystical fragrance that has now become one of my top five fragrances.
    I can only say to all basenoters check this one out. Itīs totally unique and LIQUID DYNAMITE !!!
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Quote Originally Posted by david
    Thanks for this thread Ced,
    Iīve always admired Estebans products. In germany they are still an `insiderītip and itīs very hard to find their products.
    I am a little surprised that you didnīt mention their fragrance * Fraîcheur Andalouse.
    Itīs a 100ml eau de toilette spray that isnīt *expensive. * Itīs a beautiful, explosive blend of mandarine and star anise. A wonderful, crazy, mystical fragrance that has now become one of my top five fragrances.
    I can only say to all basenoters check this one out. * Itīs totally unique and LIQUID DYNAMITE !!!
    In the line you are talking about (of what I would call "eaux fraiche&quot they also launched last year a Balinese themed cologne and this year they will launch a spicy cologne with a Russian theme. The new scent trio is a different more concentrated line, featured in black packaging which contrasts with the colorfull boxes of the colognes.

Oh, you scared me! I, too, thought you meant the HSN guy.

Phew.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Quote Originally Posted by FroFro
    Oh, you scared me! *I, too, thought you meant the HSN guy.

Phew.
    Did you see him in the Geico commercial, where there's a group of guys playing in a band, and they stop, the lead singer looking at the guitarist and telling him it wasn't going to work, that he just wasn't right for the band? Esteban appears in the corner, strumming his guitar and they're in awe. "Wow, it's Esteban! Are you going to teach him how to play the guitar?" "No, but I did just save a bunch of money on my car insurance".
    The Bark Bites Back.

Back to the REAL THING, not some friginī guitar player or coca cola. Iīm talking about the fragrances.
    Although the fragrance Iīm raving about is called Fraîcheur Andalouse, I would not class it as a cologne and it does say clearly on the bottle `eau de toiletteī. Itīs very powerfull stuff and has phenomenal staying power.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Quote Originally Posted by david
    Back to the REAL THING, * not some friginī guitar player or coca cola. Iīm talking about the fragrances.

Might I kindly ask you to drop the attitude?
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by The_love
    Oh great! Esteban used to have the same boring website since years. They must have changed it very recently, because while checking last month it was still the old one.

Thanks The Love!

I know the commercial you are talking about The Bark, haha, it's a good one.