Code of Conduct

Default hamptons is a smw clone ?

today i tested bond no.9 hampton's i dont know what to think about it ,how is it possible that creed doesnt accuse bond of plagiarism it's almost the same i didnt believe it at first smell the only difference i can detect is that in the drydown hamptons is more spicey and maybe definitely stronger in the sillage

Default Re: hamptons is a smw clone ?

I know, it's sad isn't it? I wish it was only a bit differend, but it isn't. I really like the concept, the botles , the qualitty of the Bond scents and I love New Haarlem.

actually i have to say that the only one that really impressed me is chinatown but maybe is another perfume 's clone that i still didnt know

They are similar...BUT...I think they are different enough.
    I prefer SMW....The Hamptons has a bit more bite too it....the SMW is smoother to my nose.

I don't know about this particular comparison, but I find many of the Creeds and Bonds unforgivably similar - especially for that huge price tag! I am not a fan.

Better informed people than me round here have attributed the similarities to a key Creed individual defecting to Bond No 9...

I have also noticed a similarity between the Creeds and Bonds.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Hamptons and SMW are indeed similar in the opening, but I find Hamptons to be sharper and more marine in nature, while SMW brings out the berry and tea aspects more.

From personal experience, I note a similar relationship between Chez Bond and Green Irish Tweed: similar openings, different development.

On the other hand, I find Great Jones to be very similar to the original Paco Rabanne all the way through--with the exception that GJ stays fresher on my skin longer than PR.

Bond is so uninspired. Everything bond has done is a ripoff of creed. This is a shame and an outrage. I detest the house of bond. The only one I feel that might have some distinct character separate from creed would be riverside drive. I use to love chez bond until I discovered GIT and that is was a ripoff of GIT. I will never purchase a bond!

I have studied and studied both of these scents....as I absolutely could not decide which of the two scents that I preferred. That said, they are indeed similar scents with some of the same notes, but at the same time they smell totally different too! They belong in the same family no doubt, but it's sort of like comparing Aqua Di Gio to the new Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue or something like that...they're similar but different too. Hamptons, to me totally lacks the strong tea accord and softness of SMW. I still love them both, but for my personal preference, I like Hamptons. There's only so much you can do with fragrances and so many notes. There are going to be fragrances that smell very similar but that are different in their own right. It does seem that Ms. Rhame got some of her inspiration from her Creed background perhaps, but concerning Hamptons and SMW, I honestly think SMW has been improved with Hamptons...but then again, that goes with personal preference, of course.
    Last edited by bsmith001; 13th August 2007 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha View Post
    Bond is so uninspired. Everything bond has done is a ripoff of creed. This is a shame and an outrage. I detest the house of bond........................ I will never purchase a bond!
    Amen!!
    Last edited by The Duke; 13th August 2007 at 05:39 PM.