Code of Conduct

Default For those who've already been "Jicky" with it...

I've recently bought the Parfum version of Jicky. As described in the past, you have the citrus-floral burst of lavender and perhaps rosemary, then the poopy-cat pee element of civet, and finally the beautiful base of vanilla, musk and sandalwood.

The one thing that has my alarms sounding is that it's supposed to be a wonderful, longlasting scent? I have the parfum version, and as my assumption that a parfum should be longlasting yet has a lower amount of sillage, is it really a scent that is awfully close to the skin and shouldn't last more than 3 hours as what I'm wearing right now??? Should I have been more practical and bought the EdT/PdT? I bought this on eBay, corded and knotted with the Guerlain seal at the end of the cord ends, came in a green velveteen box (without cellophane).

Wondering if this is actually the authentic thing, or a knockoff dud??? Doesn't smell bad at all, I'm in love with it...just concerned how a parfum only lasts 3 hours on me.

Anyone else with this experience?

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: For those who've already been "Jicky" with it.

Yes I have this same problem. While I love the Jicky parfum I find it doesn't last long on me either. I'm looking into purchasing the PdT sometime soon.

I don't know about the parfum, bu I've got Jicky edp and it last at least 8 hours on me, though the last 2 hours turns very close to the skin...

Looks authentic, with the velveteen box to boot. Parfum doesn't last that long. Alas, mine started to smell really animalic after a couple of years.

Of course it could just be a skin issue, but is sure does sound weird that is lasts only three hours... :

I have EdT: I get the animal notes and it also lasts quite good; about 7hours.

I have the parfum and it lasts many hours on me. There would probably be almost not sillage if it were not for the lavender, which always tends to jump off of my skin. This is a very intimate feeling fragrance for me and I'm not yet comfortable wearing it in public. It honestly feels rather sexual, so I wear it at home....alone at this point, unfortunately....LOL.

I own the EdT but have only sampled the parfum a couple of times. It seemed the parfum was more animalic a but more subtle and lasted a long time in a close, warm kind of way.

I have samples of both the edt and edp. Though I really like the scent, I too find them fleeting. I don't think I get two hours from either of them.

Anything Jicky does not last on me. I, too, own the genuine parfum in the green velvet box. It comes on strong & crisp, but in less than 15 minutes, it's gone on me. Jicky has the staying power of Eau de Guerlain or 4711 on me.
    The only two near to Jicky that last on me in the Guerlain line are Habit Rouge & Shalimar.
    That said, anything citrusy or bergamot-based has a tendency to fade with my body chemistry. Guess that's why I perfer the chypres & orientals.
    A bottle of Shalimar will last me a few months. A bottle of Jicky edt lasted me a week. LOL

The only thing I canthink of is that there is still a lot of natural essences in the composition, perhaps that's what makes it so fleeting. Already on my second application of the day...there goes another two drops!

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I have a bottle of the PdT. It lasts all day on me, but I'm not crazy about the civet, so it's a mixed blessing. I love the EdT, despite it's fleeting nature. I also like the prominence of the lavender in that formulation.

Yeesh, went hunting for the EdP and so far I'll be spending at least $90 incl. shipping. Really sad, after an hour, everything comes together in perfect harmony, then its down to nothing 2 hours after that.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

This is the first time I remember seeing the initialism PdT. What does it stand for? Parfum de toilette?
    Do you smell what I smell? Vive le Crystal Flaçon!

Yes PdT stands for Parfum de Toilette. I don't know how it compares to an EdP in strength. If you guys want the PdT at a good price go here.

http://www.perfumecountry.com/Produc...mp;click=11753

Just don't buy all of them before I get the chance to get one!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    Yes PdT stands for Parfum de Toilette. I don't know how it compares to an EdP in strength. If you guys want the PdT at a good price go here.

http://www.perfumecountry.com/Produc...mp;click=11753

Just don't buy all of them before I get the chance to get one!

That's where I got mine! I think it's going to the swap board, actually, so that might be a cheaper bet yet.

Sanzio

Jicky Eau de Toilette lasts ans lasts on my skin... I live in a very hot climate...

YIPEE!!! ;D Snagged a bottle of the PdT hope it can generate a littel more sillage and longevity on me...

Sanzio, I live in a warmer climate too, I suspect that it needs a lot of body heat, and I noticed that the lavender wakes up with moisture. I was doing some dishes, and water got on my wrists, and suddenly smelled the lavender again. Great, I need to be constantly sweating or something in order to keep the scent alive! :-X

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!