Code of Conduct

Thread: colored juice

Default colored juice

I never really paid much attention to colored juice. Most are clear or pale yellow, with a handful that are colored to look nice (Lanvin L'Homme). Strange but true, several fragrances in opaque/tinted bottles are colored, 2 of which I have are Polo Blue and Bond Little Italy.

The Polo Blue makes no sense, because it was obviously stained blue on purpose, yet you cannot see the colored juice through the bottle. If you do get to see the light blue juice, its because you decanted it (not the typical customer) or you sprayed WAY too much on something white (again, not a typical scenario). So what gives? Why the wasted ingredient? Maybe just for the little clear sample vials?

Little Italy, on the other hand, is a yellow that may be the result of some necessary ingredient. I opend my decant to pour in a sample and noticed that the yellow has completely stained the the little rubber hose coming from the atomizer. I had also noticed that LI stained a plastic roll-on top. We talk about fragrance staining clothes because of the oil content, but I think this stuff would stain just about anything. Its a little weird to see a fragrance that is so reactive that it stains typically inert materials (we use plastic for a reason). The amount we spray on at once is not much, but I had this vision of yellow spots on my neck that I can't see but everyone else can. People are walking around me to avoid catching my disease. Ahhhhh! Nightmare.

I'm sure its not a genuine concern, but it was a funny/creepy thought.

Default Re: colored juice

An interesting take on the subject.

Antaeus is a pale brown that doesn't look very attractive. It's no surprise to me that it's sold in black bottles.

I wonder if my Envy would turn me Green. It is a nice color although you have a point about the stains. Nothing so far so I'm hoping I stay stain free~!

It does get really annoying when shirt collars get stained by various perfumes.

The worst culprit I have ever found for staining both skin and clothes is the old classic Tabu. When I sprayed it on, my neck was stained brown and looked as if I had applied false tan.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

A definite stainer is Magnetism for Men , very green and kinda thick, it's very nasty to me. Good thing that they used a different color on the bottle so we don't have to look at the slimy liquid. :P

Sometimes it seems that if the juice is colored it usally results in a very strong fragrance. A*men(lavender), Joop(pink), Envy(green), Heritage(golden brown), etc. What are some other extremly strong fragrances that are colored.
    I smell a pattern here!

Much to my surprise, no one has mentioned Mugler by Thierry Mugler. It's gorgeously green and looks like a bottle of blended crisp blades of grass. It's visually better than looking at all the other typical bottles in the department store...

Quote Originally Posted by ilnaso
    Much to my surprise, no one has mentioned Mugler by Thierry Mugler. It's gorgeously green and looks like a bottle of blended crisp blades of grass. It's visually better than looking at all the other typical bottles in the department store...
    Agree on the Mugler Cologne...the bottle just looks so cool due to that neon green juice.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Visit - Blue
    JHL - Brown/gold
    Very Irresistable - green?
    Tuscany - Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by HLCcrazychrystal2
    Sometimes it seems that if the juice is colored it usally results in a very strong fragrance. *A*men(lavender), Joop(pink), Envy(green), Heritage(golden brown), *etc. What are some other extremly strong fragrances that are colored.
    I smell a pattern here!

The obvious one that comes to mind is Gucci Pour Homme.

my favorite color is Hugo Boss's Hugo For Man, that smokey grey/blue one.

Basenotes Plus

Agatha Brown Imperial Jade Emperor is the coolest shade of aqua green!