Code of Conduct

Default Ungaro III, Dark, mysterious?

In my search for a dark and mysterious scent along the same lines of Voleur De Roses, I have heard this may fit the bill.

Can some of the members on this board describe it to me in your finest detail? Could it be what I’m looking for?

Regards

Default Re: Ungaro III, Dark, mysterious?

I'd say VdR is more melancholic than dark and mysterious. It's like a really sad person trying to pull off a happy face but utterly failing

It's what you're looking for. I'll leave it as that

I`m quite sure you would like Ungaro III. It`s very hard to dislike this scent, although for some people it is not apparently anything special.

VdR is much more earthy scent than Ungaro III. VdR is also more woody with it`s patchouli. Also, to me VdR smells kind of like red wine - it has some soft bitterness to it.

Ungaro III is much softer, much more sensual. I don`t think it has so much rose in it, as many other people seem to think. It`s not as rosey as VdR. It`s way more sweeter than VdR, and also more fresh. I would describe the drydown of Ungaro very "red-musky" with transparent quality. To me Ungaro III is not so dark scent, but definetely very romantic overall.

So, I like these both scents a lot, but in my opinion they don`t share that much similarities.

Ungaro III is a great fragrance. It was my signature scent about 6 or 7 years ago. It was not until last year when I re-discovered it and started wearing this again, from time to time. For me, the sandalwood note is very prominent, mixed with a peper note that creates a beautiful accord. There is also geranium and rose that adds a subtle floral nuance. Yes, there is definitely a tender, and sometimes elusive rose note on it; although I wouldn't consider Ungaro III a rose-manly fragrance.

The drydown is one of my favourites: persistent, sandalwoody-musky.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Sandalwood
    Ungaro III is a great fragrance. It was my signature scent about 6 or 7 years ago. It was not until last year when I re-discovered it and started wearing this again, from time to time. For me, the sandalwood note is very prominent, mixed with a peper note that creates a beautiful accord. There is also geranium and rose that adds a subtle floral nuance. Yes, there is definitely a tender, and sometimes elusive rose note on it; although I wouldn't consider Ungaro III a rose-manly fragrance.

The drydown is one of my favourites: persistent, sandalwoody-musky.
    Sandalwood, which one do you prefer? UIII oe Fendi Life essence? Which one has a more proeminent Sandalwood note?

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs

Sandalwood, which one do you prefer? UIII oe Fendi Life essence? Which one has a more proeminent Sandalwood note?
    Oh, IMO, Definitely Ungaro III, by all means.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Sandalwood
    [quote author=RCavs link=1139973101/0#4 date=1140028914]

Oh, IMO, Definitely Ungaro III, by all means.[/quote]

Is UIII more classy than Life essence?

In my opinion, yes.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    [quote author=RCavs link=1139973101/0#6 date=1140029537]

In my opinion, yes.
    Renato[/quote]

I agree with that. Although Life Essence is also kinda stylish and a good fragrance in its own right, but it is at the end a matter of personal preference.
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades
    I'd say VdR is more melancholic than dark and mysterious. It's like a really sad person trying to pull off a happy face but utterly failing

It's what you're looking for. I'll leave it as that
    I agree with the first sentence. But it's a long walk from melancholy to real sadness. I wouldn't rate VdR as my number one if it made me suffer. In fact, I wouldn't have any fragrance which did that. You have an idea who Anouk Aimée was, or did you ever read Francoise Sagan?
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Well, I'm quite interested in UIII, but I'm affraid it's too "classic"... I really do like classics scents, but I'm in a fresh light phase (look at my wardrobe, I got too many classics) and i don't want another power house, I mean, i don't want another non versatile fragrance... I love U1 and U2 and the U3's price is pretty good, but I'm affraid! :-/

Well, I'm quite interested in UIII, but I'm affraid it's too "classic"... I really do like classics scents, but I'm in a fresh light phase (look at my wardrobe, I got too many classics) and i don't want another power house, I mean, i don't want another non versatile fragrance... I love U1 and U2 and the U3's price is pretty good, but I'm affraid! :-/
    Ungaro 111 is certainly classy, but definitely not classic which implies it's like other ones - it isn't. Life Essence is more akin to the classic powerhouse scents you have. I seriously doubt you have anything like Ungaro 111, because I don't.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    [quote author=RCavs link=1139973101/0#10 date=1140049070]Well, I'm quite interested in UIII, but I'm affraid it's too "classic"... I really do like classics scents, but I'm in a fresh light phase (look at my wardrobe, I got too many classics) and i don't want another power house, I mean, i don't want another non versatile fragrance... I love U1 and U2 and the U3's price is pretty good, but I'm affraid! :-/
    Ungaro 111 is certainly classy, but definitely not classic which implies it's like other ones - it isn't. Life Essence is more akin to the classic powerhouse scents you have. I seriously doubt you have anything like Ungaro 111, because I don't.
    Renato[/quote]

Not even a hint of similarity with chanel Antaeus (and its rose note)?

Thanks for the feedback so far. But I need some more opinions on if it is dark and mysterious.
    Is it anything along the lines of Trussardi Uomo?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Eater
    Thanks for the feedback so far. But I need some more opinions on if it is dark and mysterious.
    Is it anything along the lines of Trussardi Uomo?
    And I'd make one more question: does it really have that sweet earthy aroma of sandalwood?

It's been a long time since I've smelled Trussardi, but I seem to recall that it's a kind of leather?
    UIII is a fougre.

To my nose, there is a striking similarity between UIII and Herrera for Men.
    It's probably the strong geranium note in both.

I tend to prefer the Herrera because it works a bit better in heat/humidity than UIII.
    Both are excellent fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by musky_monkey
    It's been a long time since I've smelled Trussardi, but I seem to recall that it's a kind of leather?
    UIII is a fougre.

To my nose, there is a striking similarity between UIII and Herrera for Men.
    It's probably the strong geranium note in both.

I tend to prefer the Herrera because it works a bit better in heat/humidity than UIII.
    Both are excellent fragrances.
    well, I had a bottle of Herrera... It was nice, but I had a hard time with its strength... Too strong... :-/

There is NO ROSE in Ungaro III PH.

UNGARO III FRAGRANCE NOTES - Lavender, Clary sage, Rosewood, Coriander, Geranium, Jasmine, Rose, Lily of the valley, Patchouli, Cedar, Musk, Moss.
    imagineperfumery.com (one for many, also refer to BN reviews please)
    But I am sure, you have a reason for what you just wrote Killer-V., be so kind and lift your secret knowledge. I was about to buy it blind, just for the reason that, you say, wouldn't be there! :

'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Vavoom
    There is NO ROSE in Ungaro III PH.
    oh yeah? of course rose is present, it is muted!
    Let your nose be your pilot

Come on, Guys! Leave the rose alone! ;D
    What matters: Is U3 similar to Herrera for men? some say It's sweet but if It is, i don't see any similarity with Herrera.

I've had both Herrera for men and I have 3 bottles of Ungaro III........I gave the Herrera away but absolutely love the Ungaro III..........I see absolutely no similarity between the two.......I repeat, my nose detects no similarity between the two.........IMHO UIII is VERY versatile as well.....you just have to change your application method......A TRULY GREAT SCENT that is as fresh and sexy as anything you will find on the market today.....I hope I never run out of this gem!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cookesoul
    A TRULY GREAT SCENT that is as fresh and sexy as anything you will find on the market today.....
    A truly great scent?: yes
    Sexy?: yes
    As fresh as anything on the market?: are you serious?

Wore UIII two weekends ago on a hot balmy Brisbane night - started great with that strong Geranium heart, but the humidity eventually beat it into submission.

With a complex creation like UIII, different people will pickup different parts of the scent.
    In my case, the similarities between UIII and Herrera for Men are clear - they're not siblings, but they are definitely 1st cousins to my nose.
    To another nose, the obvious parts will be different and will give them a completely different experience.

Great how it works eh?

Herrera for Men is strong, but UIII is no pussy cat either - beautiful sillage from both.

Anyone have a bottle for swap?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??