Code of Conduct

Default Just smelled Geir for the first time...

sigh ;D

If I didn't have a girlfriend, I still wouldn't feel lonely on Valentine's Day with the warmth of that fragrance.
    I need a bottle. Immediately.

Default Re: Just smelled Geir for the first time...

Geir is on the top of my list too and I have not even smelled it yet. How would you describe it?
    Peace ~ Markymark

Having just watched the Winter Olympics, the smell of a long ski-jump (if you could smell it) backdropped by crisp, cool, clean snow covered alpine peaks comes to mind.

Sounds like a Peppermint Patty almost.

Anyplace you can get it in Canada? :-?

Quote Originally Posted by Markymark
    Geir is on the top of my list too and I have not even smelled it yet. *How would you describe it?
    Norwegian Sex God with a bed made of white flowers and snow

Isn't it good, Norwegian wood................
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

It's my favorite!!!!!!! Thinking about having some Norwegian Sex with my Valentine today and Geir will really set the mood!!

Jim

Lol...have to admit I'm feeling a little proud being a Norwegian now:P
    Here in Norway, Geir isn't any popular at all..It's only sold in a few places.

Love it, anyway

As far as I know it is only sold at Nordstroms here in US. Sephora has Geir products, but I have never seen Geir there, only Laila.

Perfumebay.com has it in stock.

I was just at a major department store with a ton of SA's and none of them new of Geir. Good heavens. : I left.
    Peace ~ Markymark

They also have it here, and they do International delivery

http://www.beautycafe.com/geir_ness.htm
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

I'm not big on floral scents; but Geir is about the only one that seems tolerable to me; it's a bit more light, and 'fresh'. I will wear it from time to time and it fills the floral hole in my collection. The only floral I wish to own.

Quote Originally Posted by Incedal

Thanks for the heads up. I may just buy this one blind. I really enjoy masculine florals, they seem to have so much depth and Geir has got nothing but great reviews here.

When trying new scents, I typically buy decants from BN members. I purchased a 10ml bottle of Geir from Scentemental and I love the stuff. Once you have a small bottle, you can shop for a full bottle a little more leisurely.

Fairly irritating scent. One I have to walk away from if the user is close by. Smells generic, fresh, sweet, repulsive, although at least with some quality about it. Perhaps some females like it, but I'd never wear it, certainly not after having used the likes of Tabarome Orignal and other masculine scents for years.
    "You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

Fairly irritating scent. One I have to walk away from if the user is close by. Smells generic, fresh, sweet, repulsive, although at least with some quality about it. Perhaps some females like it, but I'd never wear it, certainly not after having used the likes of Tabarome Orignal and other masculine scents for years
    Vintage Tabarome; now that's some good stuff ! !

Geir is just too flowery for me; but that's just me; in the right circumstance; I would wear it. I like it better than D&G which is way too florally for me; but I can't part with it either.

It must be a geographical thing. I don't know too many men here in Western Kansas that would like to smell too sweet, and what they would think of Men who do.
    Since I'm in retail, that's important for me.

My GIT seems to have almost Universal appeal.

(oops; can I say GIT on this forum)?

I guarantee you get those same guys who frown upon guys smelling smeet and spray them with Geir and watch all the compliments from women they will get and they will change their ways. Of course this won't work if the females in the area also don't like sweet smelling guys.
    Nothing changes a man's mind more than the influence of a female.

It is sold in some specailty perfume stores also. I sell it in mine.

I love it not just because it is one of my top sellers but also for the juice. It is really good.

Maisonstinky.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

I wouldn't wear Geir, regardless of female attention. I get plenty of that without perfume. *My female companion is a sultry and very beautiful nude model. She doesn't like Geir either. She admits that there is a lot of quality about Geir, but thinks it's best for college students, and that there are much better and sexier fragrances.

"You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    I wouldn't wear Geir, regardless of female attention. I get plenty of that without perfume. *My female companion is a sultry and very beautiful nude model. She doesn't like Geir either. She admits that there is a lot of quality about Geir, but thinks it's best for college students, and that there are much better and sexier fragrances.
    I rest my case

Hi guys....hmm, been a couple of years since i had a half bottle of Geir swapped from some generous fellow basenoter...I did like it, but found similarities to Miracle Homme....having said that, at the time i was a fan of Miracle, so as time sweeps its mystical nostalgia, i think i am due for some Geir again.....good luck to all sourcing it!
    Regards
    Sarjeet

Next time you are in Disney World, you can pick up a bottle of Geir in the Norway area of Epcot...

Quote Originally Posted by Incedal

I believe you get a discount if you mention Basenotes, but I could be wrong.

That is correct. *Lisa provides all Basenoters with a 10% discount. *I ordered mine from her in fact. *

Geir's just OK. I've had it at least twice, and it never really "took" on me. Very similar to the ancient Scott McClintock for Men. I know it has many fans, but there is a Mesquito repellant note in there.

That said, you can do worse.