Code of Conduct

Default Gucci Nobile vs Bowling Green

Which of these two green scents is better? How do they compare?

Thanks!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Default Re: Gucci Nobile vs Bowling Green

I personally like Gucci Nobile much better! There is no comparison in my view. The green, mineral, soapy essence which in my mind is the progenitor of Mugler Colonge, is refined, subtle and classy!

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    I personally like Gucci Nobile much better! There is no comparison in my view. The green, mineral, soapy essence which in my mind is the progenitor of Mugler Colonge, is refined, subtle and classy!

Interesting, I would say the same about Bowling Green. I like it a lot, but have not tried Gucci Nobile yet.

I really like both of them. I find Bowling Green at once sharper and thinner. Gucci Nobile is much deeper and smoother than BG; it is also more complex and longer lasting. If I had to choose, it would be Gucci Nobile without a doubt, but I wouldn't want to do without Bowling Green--it has an honored place in my collection.

Nobile is more bitter with the bit of herbs in it, and tends towards the formal side. Bowling Green is more citric and piney; I think more refreshing.

Both are pretty natural smelling IMHO. Nobile has more depth to it with the addition of the ambery notes ... but sometimes the herbs come out like pencil shavings on me (it happens with Vintage Greenbriar as well).

Bowling Green's duration isn't all that great on my skin, and I think they could have added a bit more spice to make it a really great scent. Bowling Green does remind me of Christmas (I know I'm not the only one on the board to make this statement), probably due to the pine notes.

Personally, I wear Nobile, however my fiancee absolutely loves Bowling Green and used to hunt it out of my collection like a prized game (until she found Happy for Men.)
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio