Code of Conduct

Default Which Creed comes in a 'gold' flacon?

I was just talking to our son and he said he bought a Creed recently but couldn't remember its name and he wasn't at home to look at it. Anyone know which Creed is packaged in 'gold'?

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Default Re: Which Creed comes in a 'gold' flacon?

Millesime Imperial, though I doubt it really is gold....

Quote Originally Posted by chris21
    Millesime Imperial, though I doubt it really is gold.... *

What he said!!

;D

On the subject of Millesime Imperial, I got a new bottle today, unlike the other creeds where I can hold it up against the light to see how much is remaining with MI it is not possible at all, does anyone know of how I can see actually how much is left in the bottle, as I got it from ebay and the user said she did not use more then 5 sprays.

Thanks
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Very difficult. Could you weigh it accurately and compare it with the weight of another full bottle you have? Even then, this would assume the 2 different bottles weighed the same. Tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    I was just talking to our son and he said he bought a Creed recently
    Dan, you are one cool Dad and have one cool son.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    Very difficult. Could you weigh it accurately and compare it with the weight of another full bottle you have? Even then, this would assume the 2 different bottles weighed the same. Tricky.
    Yes, this would be the best way to estimate the volume if you don't want to scratch the bottle's coating off.

[Bottle 1 with known volume] - [MI bottle with unknown volume] = x grams

Assuming the empty bottles have equal mass, and that the fragrance is close to the density of ethanol (~0.8 g/ml), the difference in volume between them would be found by using this conversion:

x grams = 1.25x ml.

I'd be willing to bet a nickel that you'd be within 5% error.

Thanks for the replies y'all, especially JC's .

I bought my first Creed blind and it was the lovely OV. He lives way out in San Jose, CA and bought his first at a local store and obviously he has good taste as did the SA that recommended it. ;D.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Incedal
    On the subject of Millesime Imperial, I got a new bottle today, unlike the other creeds where I can hold it up against the light to see how much is remaining with MI it is not possible at all, does anyone know of how I can see actually how much is left in the bottle, as I got it from ebay and the user said she did not use more then 5 sprays.

Thanks
    It might work if you put the bottle in water and see how much it floats, then compare with a full bottle? Maybe too inexact, but it might work.

It seems that Octothorpe knows what he's talking about, I'd put my money on his method too. In fact, I don't think there's any other possible way to do it.
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Thanks for everyones help.

I am wishing I never had goten MI as its just not worth the price like the other creeds, I had to choose between MI and OV, and I wore MI today and I was not happy at all, I sprayed more then 8 sprays and for the first 1 hour it was very delightful but after that it started to fade and I could smell NOTHING not even on my clothes, I asked a few people if they could smell anything, a few said faintly and others said nothing. I find SMW more longer lasting then MI, I should of went with OV damm I am an Idiot .
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Yea; it's 22k gold;(overlay) very thin though.

Quote Originally Posted by Concord
    [quote author=Incedal link=1139877725/0#3 date=1139912075]On the subject of Millesime Imperial, I got a new bottle today, unlike the other creeds where I can hold it up against the light to see how much is remaining with MI it is not possible at all, does anyone know of how I can see actually how much is left in the bottle, as I got it from ebay and the user said she did not use more then 5 sprays.

Thanks
    It might work if you put the bottle in water and see how much it floats, then compare with a full bottle? Maybe too inexact, but it might work.
    [/quote]

I think it will sink.

What do you think Dave?

If you have a sensitive scale; you could weigh it and compare to another Creed bottle if you are so fortunate to have another Creed. Five sprays is basically saying it is clear full.

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    [quote author=Dante link=1139877725/0#4 date=1139922057]Very difficult. Could you weigh it accurately and compare it with the weight of another full bottle you have? Even then, this would assume the 2 different bottles weighed the same. Tricky.
    Yes, this would be the best way to estimate the volume if you don't want to scratch the bottle's coating off.

[Bottle 1 with known volume] - [MI bottle with unknown volume] = x grams

Assuming the empty bottles have equal mass, and that the fragrance is close to the density of ethanol (~0.8 g/ml), the difference in volume between them would be found by using this conversion:

x grams = 1.25x ml.

I'd be willing to bet a nickel that you'd be within 5% error.

[/quote]

I see your point but I would not go by the density of ethanol. I would just take it for what it is. 1 g = 1 ml so, if there is 100 ml in a bottle, then you have 100 grams. Simply weigh the suspicious bottle x and subtract from the known and you have the amount that is missing from bottle x. So, 100 g - x g = g of juice missing.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha

I see your point but I would not go by the density of ethanol. I would just take it for what it is. 1 g = 1 ml so, if there is 100 ml in a bottle, then you have 100 grams. Simply weigh the suspicious bottle x and subtract from the known and you have the amount that is missing from bottle x. So, 100 g - x g = g of juice missing.
    But since fragrances are mostly composed of alcohol, I think you'd come up with a more accurate result using ~0.8 g/ml density, rather than assuming it has the same density as water.

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    [quote author=ikkitosennomusha link=1139877725/0#14 date=1140034057]

I see your point but I would not go by the density of ethanol. I would just take it for what it is. 1 g = 1 ml *so, if there is 100 ml in a bottle, then you have 100 grams. Simply weigh the suspicious bottle x and subtract from the known and you have the amount that is missing from bottle x. So, 100 g - x g = g of juice missing.
    But since fragrances are mostly composed of alcohol, I think you'd come up with a more accurate result using ~0.8 g/ml density, rather than assuming it has the same density as water.
    [/quote]

Could be. I read somewhere that some fragrances have only around 3 tps of alcohol. I don't know? I really don't know how much each house uses as a bacteriocidal filler. If someone wants to know if they have been cheated on the juice, percent yield/error and so forth is no necessary. Its only a difference of the masses. Since you can't crack a creed bottle open, empty it, dry it, weigh it, tare it, fill it back up to find out how much in grams the juice and the bottle weighs, my method of approximation will suffice. Again, if the issue is not knowing how much in a bottle of GIT or MI, then do this as weird as it may seem:

1. take a small, portable electronic scale into your nearest neimans. Also have a note book and pen.

2. Make sure you are well groomed because you will have to turn some charm on to get the SA to indulge and appreciate your little experiment

3. say there are 3 bottels of MI left and 5 of GIT, ask to see 3 of each as MI is the limiting reagent *;D

4. Weigh each MI bottle with cap. take the mean. *Now, weigh each GIT bottle, take the mean. Now take the mean of the two means.

5. The new mean should be the aprox ideal weight of a new bottle of GIT or MI

6. Go home

7. Store your *data.

8. Be a MI wearing stud puppy.

9. When the MI runs out, be sure you have drained every last drop you can. Weigh it.

10. Now you have the aprox weight of a new bottle (which is more important) and the weight of an empty bottle.

11. Share this info with us a basenotes and have the MODS permenantly post it.

12. Now you can find out aprox. how full or empty your bottle is when you use it, want to trade it, sell it, etc. or perhaps you got a bottle from ebay and a fellow basenoter and want to see what the deal is.

Whew, I hope this makes sense? I may not, I still have the flu but today I was able to eat. Yippie! I would like to know if:

a. anyone cares enough to do this

b. if anyone has the ball to do this! hehehehehe (I don't)

Clculations:

Bottle in question = x

empty bottle = y

new bottle = z

x-y = p ml of juice from your used bottle

z-y = q ml of juice in a new bottle

q - p = ml of juice you don't have in x

Octo, my fellow scientist, I wished we could chat about this over a beer! hehehe Of course, the more weighings of a new bottle from several stores, the more accurate the data will be. Likewise if we had many empty bottles to weigh.