Code of Conduct

Default Scents for seasons

Hey all,
    About a year ago I posted a question to the group about what scents you might choose if you could only wear one fragrance for each season. For some reason I was thinking about that again today and reflecting on how my preferences have changed through the year. As of this minute my choices would look something like this:

Summer: Roger and Gallet - Eau de Thé Vert
    Fall: Serge Lutens - Chergui (it's that hay and honey note that gets me...)
    Winter: Frederick Malle - Musc Ravageur or my new favorite, Miller Harris' Feuilles de Tabac
    Spring: No clue here- Maybe SMN's Nostalgia, or my new rainy day fragrance, Diptyque's L'Ombre dans L'Eau

Your choices?
    Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Default Re: Scents for seasons

you know, i've been thinking about this too ever since i started getting into frags. but yea, i've been wondering, does anyone know a good floral yet masculine scent for spring? i've been looking and it seems like vetiver, the jazzes, chacarel and tsar fit that description as well.

but anyway, fall: GPH and orientals
    winter: gourmands and orientals
    spring: look above?
    summer: Mugler Cologne, Mambo, and maybe even the dreaded fresh scents like cool water if its really hot

I've been thinking that depending where each of us lives, we probably have quite different concepts of "seasons". Where I live it's generally close to 20 C (mid-70s F) year-round. Certain times of year we get more clouds and even a little rain, but otherwise there's relatively little variation in the weather.

Thoughts?
    Do you smell what I smell? Vive le Crystal Flaçon!

You know, I think that's a neat question! *Let me see... *Okay, well of the top of my head, I'd think I'd go like this:

Summer: *YSL pour Homme
    Fall: *Chanel Egoiste
    Winter: *Zino Davidoff
    Spring: *Guerlain Vetiver

One more try: any thoughts on a climate where the seasons barely vary in temperature but tend to vary between moist and dry?

d4, 70s the year round? That sounds almost ideal. Where do you live may I ask? As for Hawaii, I started a thread sometime back about fragrances that work well in hot and humid climates and got some good suggestions. They were naturally mainly of the green/fresh/citrussy variety. In other words, perpetual summer fragrances. Despite the, I like to experiment sometimes with fragrances that one is not supposed to wear in hot weather, just because.

Going to try to include the key fragrances from my collection, though I'm probably going to forget to include a lot of them. Anyways, the one's with a * mean I wear it year round

Fall: Ungaro III*, Gucci PH, Boss Bottled, L'Artisan Tea for Two, L'Artisan Dzing!*, Floris Santal
    Winter: Gucci Envy*, Chanel Pour Monsieur*, Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur, Lorenzo Villoresi Musk, Chanel Egoiste*, YSL Rive Gauche*
    Spring: YSL Jazz*, L'Artisan Voleur de Roses*, Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
    Summer: Guerlain Vetiver*, Creed Millesime Imperial*, Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire*, Tommy T, Bvlgari PH*, Paco XS*

I wear most of my fragrances year round - whenever I can, of course.

d4
    One more try: any thoughts on a climate where the seasons barely vary in temperature but tend to vary between moist and dry?
    Good questions and I have almost the reverse situation; here in canada we have two seasons: *July and winter.

but to get back to the d4's subject -- what does one wear in perpetual late spring/early summer?

first, i don't think you're restricted to greens & citrus and/or marines. *some spicy scents are actualy great in hot weather just like one finds spicy foods mainly in hot climates, too.

here are frags i have smelled and thought good for spring/summer:

bulgari thé verte
    carthusia mediterraneo
    carthusia uomo
    ag eau du sud
    ag l'eau d'hadrien
    laura biagiotti roma uomo
    lots by l'artisan:
    dzing!, Mure et Musc, thé pour un eté, passage d'enfer, navegar, bois farine, piment brûlant, vetiver
    few by diptyque:
    eau lente, l'ombre dans l'eau, Oyédo, Philosykos, tam dao
    three by lorenzo villoresi
    musc, piper nigrum, yerbamate *
    kiehl's original musk oil
    mark birley
    mat; male
    2 by frederic malle
    vétiver extraordinaire, bigarade concentrée
    2 from the different company
    divine bergamote , rose poivre
    fistfull from comptoir sud pacifique
    vétyver haiti, barbier des isles, aqua motu / motu, l'eau de gouverneur / l'homme, *musc alize
    calypso homme (christianne celle, calypso)
    boucheron jaïpur homme fresh
    acqua di palma
    * * Colonia asoluta, blu mediterraneo sicilian slmond / mandorlo di sicilia
    eadward ocean
    the people of the labyrinths luctor et emergo
    hanae mori
    3 from montale
    attar, aoud lime, geyland
    2 from cb i hate perfumes
    mr. hulot's holiday, cb93
    3 by hermès
    un jardine en méditerranée, hermèssence poivre samarcande & veitver tonka

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades
    Going to try to include the key fragrances from my collection, though I'm probably going to forget to include a lot of them. Anyways, the one's with a * mean I wear it year round

Fall: Ungaro III*, Gucci PH, Boss Bottled, L'Artisan Tea for Two, L'Artisan Dzing!*, Floris Santal
    Winter: Gucci Envy*, Chanel Pour Monsieur*, Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur, Lorenzo Villoresi Musk, Chanel Egoiste*, YSL Rive Gauche*
    Spring: YSL Jazz*, L'Artisan Voleur de Roses*, Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
    Summer: Guerlain Vetiver*, Creed Millesime Imperial*, Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire*, Tommy T, Bvlgari PH*, Paco XS*

I wear most of my fragrances year round - whenever I can, of course.
    Wow. I think you and I have very similar fragrance preferences---almost everything above I either expect to like or like already.

I'm sure I'd like a lot of niche fragrances too if I had the opportunity to smell them. The places I know carry only designer stuff, and I feel like there's still a lot of territory there I haven't explored yet.