Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mitsouko or L'Heure Bleue?

I've been looking at these two for quite some time now but I've never smelled either.
    I'm looking for a melancholic fragrance and the title Mitsouko came up as a female fragrance that was very suitable for men as well. While researching on Mitsouko, I also came across L'Heure Bleue, which ALSO really piqued my interest.

Now, I'm planning on ordering one of these online (blind) as it's MUCH cheaper than purchasing in the store so I don't know what they smell like.

Can someone describe them and recommend either one or the other?

Thanks a bunch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mitsouko or L'Heure Bleue?

PM me! I'll mail you little 1/32 vial samples for free! Both these fragrances are on my swap list--a good sign they can be worn sucessfully by a man.
    Seriously,
    Shycat
    Please, spritz responsibly.

They are both out of this world, two of Guerlain's masterpieces, and that's to say a lot!!
    I'm terrible at describing fragances, but I wouldn't call Mitsouko melancholic. L'Heure Bleue maybe, but not Mitsouko. As if to they are wearable by a man, if you can wear PdN New York you can wear Mitsouko, and if you like Dior Homme you'll love L'Heure Bleue.
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    They are both out of this world, two of Guerlain's masterpieces, and that's to say a lot!!
    I'm terrible at describing fragances, but I wouldn't call Mitsouko melancholic. L'Heure Bleue maybe, but not Mitsouko. As if to they are wearable by a man, if you can wear PdN New York you can wear Mitsouko, and if you like Dior Homme you'll love L'Heure Bleue.
    Good comparisons. Though I would venture to label L'Heure Bleue rather melancholic.

THE TWO FRAGRANCES ATRE STRICTLY RELATED SOMETIMES THEY'RE CALLED TOGETHER WITH VOL DE NUIT SISTERS FRAGS ,I COULD SAY BUY BOTH OF THEM IF YOU CAN ,PERSONALLY I WEAR THEM BOTH AND FOR ME IT'S VERY HARD TO SUGGEST ONE IN PARTICULAR,I COULD ONLY SAY THEY'LL BE PERFUMERY MASTERWORKS FOREVER.IF I WOULD HAVE TO BUY A PRESENT FOR A MAN MAYBE ILL BUY MITSOUKO

LHB (EDP) is more floral/ vanillic/ ambery. Mitsouko is a fruity chypre.
    The EDT of M is heavier on the oakmoss, whereas I find the EDP slightly more full-bodied and smooth.

Both of them smell unique and beautiful.
    If you are used to more traditional masculine fragrances, Mitsouko EDT might work very well. It's also reasonably priced at online retailers.

LHB is wonderful, and although it's nothing like Gaultier's Le Male, I have a feeling that if you like the softness of Le Male you may appreciate LHB.

I would say that LHB is more melancholic and Mitsouko is more mysterious.
    Of the two, Mitsouko is slightly harder to wear IMO, but perfectly manageable if you like distinctive fragrances.

I wear all three and like them them very much.

If you want info on specific notes, try ozmoz.com or perfumemart.com

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alot for the response, everyone

I'm leaning towards L'Heure Bleue still.

Shycat is in fact sending me samples! I'll be away next week (I'll still have internet access but no postal access) so I probably won't be able to test them for some time.

I'm really hoping to like L'Heure Bleue