Code of Conduct

Default Thanks fellow Basenoters for the application tip.

I know it may seem elementary to some of you, but I never sprayed my chest, inside of my t-shirt before. *And this makes a huge difference for longevity! *I used to just spray my neck a few times - but now with a couple of spritz to the chest as well as the neck, it's a big difference. *

Great tip you guys - thanks! *
    Peace ~ Markymark

Default Re: Thanks fellow Basenoters for the application t

You'll notice you need less under your shirt in the summer. It's the body heat that ignites it under my shirt and, now in the winter here, I have to spray just a "bit" more to keep the same sillage as in the summer. You just have to watch out spraying under your shirt with heavier frags ( Bel Ami, M7, BdP, etc ) if you're going to be sweating because that can lead to a disaster! I learned that at my company's Christmas dinner when I very generously sprayed BdP under my t-shirt. It was cold outside but inside when there are a lot of people around and you're dancing up a sweat ... nasty. Very nasty ...

Default Re: Thanks fellow Basenoters for the application t

Agree with ziffy; Once I sprayed A*Men on my chest, and then went to a party..That may be my worst fragrance-disaster ever

Default Re: Thanks fellow Basenoters for the application tip.

Just to clarify, when you guys say under the shirt, do you mean spray it with the shirt on so that some of it goes on the inside of the shirt or spray it on the chest and then put the shirt on?

I normally let mine dry out before I put it on

Woah! Just realized I bumped a thread from 5 yrs ago... But I'm still curious :-)

on the chest then put ya shirt on

I was under the impression that the majority of men apply a spray to their chest, aside from the neck.

I do it with my t shirt on, so that some juice hits the clothes aswell.

Happy that this tip could help, I myself learned this on Basenotes too, I never applied on the chest before

I think applying to the neck comes from commercials so that's what most people do. The chest really helps with longevity and I swear it helps with projection. Think about it, if you have another layer of clothing it will make your chest hotter, the chest is hotter than the neck, despite it being exposed.