Code of Conduct

Default Scented Designer Soap Bars

I've never previously tried out the designer soap/cleansing bars - at A$25 to A$30 each, they seemed like a waste of money to me. But as luck would have it, one store here started getting rid of the big 150 gram Lagerfeld Photo translucent blue cleansing bars for $3, so I bought a couple. They came with their own dark, rugged looking, plastic trays to sit on.

The bar works well enough (using it just before I get out of the shower) to put a layer of Photo all over me. But it had other unanticipated benefits.
    My bathroom now smells delightfully of Photo, as does walking anywhere near it.
    And my ladyfriend said she had never seen a more masculine looking soap bar and tray in her life.
    Renato

Default Re: Scented Designer Soap Bars

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    And my ladyfriend said she had never seen a more masculine looking soap bar and tray in her life.
    Haha. I love this line of yours, I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades
    [quote author=Renato link=1139820157/0#0 date=1139820157]And my ladyfriend said she had never seen a more masculine looking soap bar and tray in her life.
    Haha. I love this line of yours, I don't know why.[/quote]
    I was actually taken aback a bit when she said it, as I hadn't even thought about it.

I suppose I shouldn't have been - I recollect years ago one woman coming to my house, looking around and saying something along the lines of - my God, this is the most masculine house I've ever been into - leaving me puzzled with a "What do you mean?". To which she replied it was totally devoid of anything remotely feminine. Others have echoed the same sentiment since, though less strongly.

Still, getting back to the original topic, I think it says something about the skill of the Lagerfeld designers.
    Renato

I'm also a soap junkie, believe it or not.

Even though I love nice soaps, the only designer perfumed soap I've tried is the Mugler Cologne soap, and that's total utopia.
    "It always seems impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela

Support Xscentrik - The World's First Crowdfunded Fragrance Store: http://igg.me/at/xscentrik/x/11176018

Even though I love nice soaps, the only designer perfumed soap I've tried is the Mugler Cologne soap
    Mugler Cologne soap bar! What an innovative idea; bar of soap that smells like ... soap!!

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    I'm also a soap junkie, believe it or not.

Even though I love nice soaps, the only designer perfumed soap I've tried is the Mugler Cologne soap, and that's total utopia.
    Until reading your comment, the only praise I've ever seen for designer soap bars is in Grant's FAQ at the main site, where he points out that the soap bars from designers are usually made in a different method to standard soap, such that they last three times longer. I suppose that if their purpose is to be used briefly and layer the skin with scent, on a cost basis they wouldn't be all that different to their shower gel equivalents.

I usually use pretty plain soap, as the smelly ones are too feminine. When I was in Paris for a week, the hotel only supplied Eau De Hadrian soap bars, which to my nose was feminine, but at least it was classy.

In the last few years I've switched to the translucent bar ones like Pears, Neutragena and the Palmolive fruit ones because they have one distinct advantage over standard soap, namely that as a result of using them, I don't have to clean the shower as often. But I have to return to standard soap in summer time, because the translucent ones just don't get suntan lotion off.
    Renato

The best bar soap I've ever used was Bulgari pour Homme. The little white round bar of soap. It had such a nice scent to it. A bit like white flour used in baking.

Also , even though Eternity for Men gets its lumps, the bar soap for it is very good (as are all of the Eternity products). I hate the EDT of Eternity, but the soap, shower gel, and aftershave gel are all pretty good (I wouldn't use them nowadays, because they smell a bit dated)

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    The best bar soap I've ever used was Bulgari pour Homme. *The little white round bar of soap. *It had such a nice scent to it. *A bit like white flour used in baking.

Also , even though Eternity for Men gets its lumps, the bar soap for it is very good (as are all of the Eternity products). *I hate the EDT of Eternity, but the soap, shower gel, and aftershave gel are all pretty good (I wouldn't use them nowadays, because they smell a bit dated)
    Eternity dated?
    Never!

I've got the Eternity aftershave balm and the moisturiser and body lotion (got them cheap), and they're excellent. I especially like the very big aftershave balm tubes that CK makes (I've got the Obsession one as well) - they're a lot better value than the tiny ones everyone else makes.
    Renato

from my experince I can conclude with the following:

YSL nu black soap is so sensual that makes me never want to leave the shower....

, i love the YSL m7 creamy soap...so relaxing aroma

, the Dior Dune soap is awsome - the feminin one-

,OPIUM PH round soap is so luxrious & yummy

& CK Escape for MEN green transperent soap ...it'll take u to paradise

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ
    from my experince I can conclude with the following:

YSL nu black soap is so sensual that makes me never want to leave the shower....

, i love the YSL m7 creamy soap...so relaxing aroma

, the Dior Dune soap is awsome - the feminin one-

,OPIUM PH round soap is so luxrious & yummy

& CK Escape for MEN green transperent soap ...it'll take u to paradise
    Your expertise on the matter is clearly superior to mine.
    Do you routinely buy them, or wait for sales?
    Renato

I have an Eau Sauvage bar in the bathroom. I sniff it more then use it. Sandalwood soaps from bangalore are always available in my bathroom as well. The Fahrenheit soap is nice to, Dior seems to make most soaps of the designer brands.

I also collect the Roger & Gallet soap sets. Have about 10 now, never use them though, I put them in the linen and underwear-drawers to keep everything smelling fresh. Their fougere is kick-ass.

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    [quote author=TAZ link=1139820157/0#8 date=1139894544]
    Your expertise on the matter is clearly superior to mine.
    Do you routinely buy them, or wait for sales?
    Renato[/quote]

I used to buy them whenever I feel the urge to sniff dune, escape or m7 under my shower ,but now I felt guilty when I purchased a full price soap...I mean at the end it is only a foam that will melt in my bath ....however nu & opium ph are discontinued so I am collecting them wherever I find them....they are my guilty pleasure