Code of Conduct

Default Christian Lacroix Tumulte

I just received yesterday from StrawberryNet my bottle of Christian Lacroix Tumulte for men and wore it as my SOTD today. I have to say I liked this one very much and I'm quite happy that I had to buy it blind. It has an outstanding longevity as I sprayed it at 7:30 this morning and is still very present at this moment (18:30 p.m). My untrained nose can easily pick a subtle citrus note at the start, then beautiful cedar, a light incense as well as hints of clean sandalwood. It is in the very lines of Fendi Life Essence, Salvatore Ferragamo for men, Gucci Rush and, to my perception, Tam Dao.

This fragrance does not evolve much though... I wouldn't say it is one-dimensional, I would say it is rather bi-dimensional.

Off course, I fall in love immediately with this beautiful designed dark-plum-violet-blue-with silver bottle.

This one will be for sure among the top 5 of my list.

By the way, I was surprised for the quick service and delivery from StrawberryNet. They're based in Hong Kong but ship items worldwide.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Default Re: Christian Lacroix Tumulte

Marlen reviewed this recently on the Now Smell This blog and I have been thinking of ordering it too. The bottle is wonderful. Here is a link to the review and a picture for those who have not seen it.

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...4/1449359.html

Hmmm.....$34.00 US for a 1.7 oz bottle...for those who have tried it, is it different/unique enough from the scents it was compared to to be worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by whitebar
    Marlen reviewed this recently on the Now Smell This blog and I have been thinking of ordering it too. The bottle is wonderful. Here is a link to the review and a picture for those who have not seen it.

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...4/1449359.html
    Wow ! Thanks for the link whitebar.

I haven't seen this review before but I'm greatly pleased that I could detect, as Marlen did, those sandalwood and incense notes and also the association with Tam Dao. That means that my nose is making some progresses after all. I'm quite happy about that.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

That bottle is indeed wonderful, so amazing. And it sounds good enough too. I have it on my to get list since I saw the review at Now Smell This, and for the first time something ends up there mostly because of the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    That bottle is indeed wonderful, so amazing. And it sounds good enough too. I have it on my to get list since I saw the review at Now Smell This, and for the first time something ends up there mostly because of the bottle.
    So I finally ordered this one last night, can't wait to try it. And also adding Knize Ten to my order after hearing it's name too many times in the leather threads (and from a fellow swede in yesterdays SOTD thread, which made me cave).

So those of you who has lived with Christian Lacroix's Tumulte Pour Homme for a while, has it shown any new sides?

I finally ordered a bottle myself last Saturday along with a new bottle of SL Ambre Sultan. I can't wait for them to arrive!

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    [quote author=shifts link=1135212597/0#4 date=1135264939]That bottle is indeed wonderful, so amazing. And it sounds good enough too. I have it on my to get list since I saw the review at Now Smell This, and for the first time something ends up there mostly because of the bottle.
    So I finally ordered this one last night, can't wait to try it. And also adding Knize Ten to my order after hearing it's name too many times in the leather threads (and from a fellow swede in yesterdays SOTD thread, which made me cave).

So those of you who has lived with Christian Lacroix's Tumulte Pour Homme for a while, has it shown any new sides?[/quote]

Happy to have helped you make up your mind, Shifts!
    Funny thing, I even put Tumulte pour homme in my shopping cart when ordering Knize Ten, but cancelled that item after checking my financial status. But now I will really have to order it next month! Aaarghh.... that bottle...

Please tell me how you like Knize Ten.

Quote Originally Posted by geastrum
    [quote author=shifts link=1135212597/0#5 date=1139904781][quote author=shifts link=1135212597/0#4 date=1135264939]That bottle is indeed wonderful, so amazing. And it sounds good enough too. I have it on my to get list since I saw the review at Now Smell This, and for the first time something ends up there mostly because of the bottle.

So those of you who has lived with Christian Lacroix's Tumulte Pour Homme for a while, has it shown any new sides?[/quote]

Happy to have helped you make up your mind, Shifts!
    Funny thing, I even put Tumulte pour homme in my shopping cart when ordering Knize Ten, but cancelled that item after checking my financial status. But now I will really have to order it next month! Aaarghh.... that bottle...

Please tell me how you like Knize Ten.[/quote]

Oh, you did notice, heh. Oh well, I'll of course make sure to let you know what I make of it when it arrives. Do you remember how long you waited for your Strawberrynet order to arrive?

I placed my order the 2nd of February and received it on the 13'th. That's quite a long time, actually.
    The thing is that it probably got stuck some time in customs, because i was charged 138 SEK in customs duties. Luckily, strawberrynet have a very generous policy of re-funding these expenses.

I hope you have greater success, and i really do not think strawberrynet are to blame for the shipping time.

I have now worn Tumulte at least 6 times since I got my bottle. It hasn't stopped yet to please me the way it did the first time. Definitely a great acquisition for my wardrobe. Elegant, refined, charming woods amidst a light incense-y aura.

A facet of the drydown is amazingly smilar to Tam Dao.
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

I sprayed some before going to sleep.So smooth,so sensual!
    I wish it was a better known/more widely available fragrance...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

My experience was the same as Sandlewood's. Excellent, prompt service from Strawberry Net and a really beautiful fragrance.

Nice to hear you compare it to Fendi Life Essence, which is a brilliant but overlooked scent, IMO. It doesn't get a lot of press, for for those who loves woody scents, must be checked out.

Tumulte was one of my first purchases based on recommendations from others in the Basenotes community. One of my best blind buys ever. I've worn it about 10 times in the past few months and it's a top three casual fall/winter fragrance for me. I haven't been able to discern many other notes other than cedarwood an incense, like a cedar chest where someone once kept their sandalwood incense. Nothing complex, but still a pleasure to wear. Makes me feel serene and confident like most of my favorite fragrances.

I've also been testing Tam Dao for the past two weeks and it does bear quite a resemblence to Tumulte. The later having more incense lingering in the drydown. I'll probably buy Tam Dao so I can alternate between the two. Tumulte for my cedar mood and Tam Dao when I want sandalwood.

I hope all of you waiting on your orders enjoy Tumulte as much as I.

-Sloan

Warning to those sensitive to Iso E-Super...Tumulte is full of this scent chemical. I know there are several here that know what I am talking about when I say this smells to me like dill pickles! Yes, you read that right. I got a bottle of this from Strawberry.net and thought that maybe the bottle had turned or something until I did more research. Iso E-Super is often used as a sandalwood substitute and for some, it doesn't smell good at all. I don't recommend buying this blind. I think Tam Dao must use real sandalwood because I don't smell anything sour in it. In fact, it's wonderful.