Code of Conduct

Default perfumebay.com GRRR! (now BeautyEncounter.com)

A rant and a query....

Just received my 3.3oz Azzaro Visit from perfumebay.com. It has a small strip cut out from the bottom of the box and covered with a sticker. The bottle itself also has an approx. 1/4 inch (about 6mm) square area near the cap that has been ground down. It is obviously some type of identifying code because they didn't get it all ground off and I can see a number. Other than that, the bottle and box look new.

I'm sending it back as "damaged"! I suppose this is stock that gets returned to the distributer by "real" retailers due to age or other reasons and re-shipped to "discount" retailers. I'm done with perfumebay.com. :P And if the Visit is old, i'm sure much of their other stock has been purchased under similar circumstances.

Is this the norm with online (or brick&morter for that matter) "discount" fragrance retailers?

Have any of you received similar suspicious products from perfumebay.com or other online stores?

Can anybody recommend online discount stores that proclaim to have (or in your experience do have) FRESH/GENUINE stock? I'm leaning toward trying strawberrynet.com next. Their website claims to have fresh, temperature-controlled inventory.

TIA

~mad
    Last edited by MadScientist; 11th January 2009 at 03:40 AM. Reason: update; fixed links broken by BN upgrades; fix special characters (like quotes) broken by BN upgrades

RMC63

Default Re: perfumebay.com GRRR!

I have visited the store on Gothard St. in Huntington Beach.
    I bought a fragrance that was sealed and when I opened the box there was no top cap included (I have had this fragrance before which always includes the cap) I tried to return the item for another of the same with cap included but the man that runs the place, accused me of losing the cap and wanted to charge me a 20% restocking fee for the exchange! I left and will never return.
    They do have a large inventory but the customer service is terrible.
    I would recommend shopping elsewhere.

Default Perfumebay.com

I think Perfumebay.com rocks. I've ordered from them twice and even though the orders were a little slow in coming there were no real problems.

can you please make a note of it in here?

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1098493234

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

Perfumebay is reliable and fast in my experience. I've never had any trouble with them what so ever. They give me my scents in about one week (and that is overseas shipping!).

I've never had a problem with perfumebay.com and will continue using them. Just about the best amount of service I can imagine, but there always is the possibilty of bad stock, just like at any "discount" perfume place. Part of the gamble in getting lower prices.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

I generally am satisfied with perfumebay. I especially like that they will have stock when most other discounters are sold out. Another plus is ordering on a Friday usually means I have the package on Monday which is pretty darn quick. They also are NOT stingy with the bubble wrap and really pack things well.
    BUT...this year I did some Christmas shopping with them and one thing I ordered was a Dunhill giftset. This thing had been thru the wringer! The stuff inside was fine but the packaging was a wreck. This wasn't caused by the Post Office but was obviously damaged before it was packed. Too late to send back, but very bothersome nonetheless.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

I've ordered twice before from PerfumeBay with no complaints.

And yes, one of my orders included Azzaro Visit, albeit in a 1.7 oz bottle.
    "It always seems impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

This was not the first time I have ordered from perfumebay.com.

I have no complaints about their service and shipping. But this is the first time i have received a product that made me suspicious of their stock.

For me, good service or even great service does not mean I will settle for mediocre product.

Thanks for your replies so-far.

If my memory serves me well, Azzaro Visit was launched last year, so if it is not opened and kept in box, I think it's OK.
    Since the code is cut, it's obvious that the product first was sold to a big chain and big chain considered that they are overstocked and finally sold the products to the third side and cut code to hide themselves as a source.

I've purchased only one item from Perfumebay, a bottle of Yang, and it arrived in perfect, unmolested condition. Take that for what it's worth.

I've ordered from perfumebay.com a few times with no problems at all.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I've placed three orders with PerfumeBay with good results. I also appreciate their extensive list of trial sizes.

I've had four orders from perfumebay and am pleased with their service.

I've also had good service from parfum1, scentiments, perfume99, and scentmonkey.

Sanzio

I live in Brazil and always buy from Perfumebay and Fragancex with no problems. My wonderful Jicky comes from there!!! No complaints!

Explorator Dumpsterorum

Three orders in the past...

So far, so good.

Last edited by MadScientist; 11th January 2009 at 03:43 AM. Reason: fixed link broken by BN upgrades

I use them regularly and I never had any problems. As a matter of fact, I am awaiting a shipment to come in a few days.

Mu favorites are perfumebay.com, imaginationperfumery.com and perfumeemporium.com. I've also had no problems with strawberrynet. com.

Could some recent deterioration in service be afoot? I say this because I've ordered from perfumebay 15-20 times over the past 2 years, with ZERO problems. My last order, however, in 01/2006, was somehow input to their system twice, a day apart, and when I got doubles of everything and complained about it, their attitude was basically, "you ordered twice" (which simply did not happen). They offered to take back the duplicate merchandise, but at my expense for the shipping of the second order both to and fro. Now I'm gun shy.

I don't know if the service has gone down hill but I have to say one thing ... since they shut down some time ago and did some maintenance for a few days on their website, the new site is PAINFULLY slow compared to the old one. That alone keeps me from browsing the site ...

My experience with PerfumeBay has been fine.