Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Seattle Fragrance Shop Find!

During a recent visit to Seattle from my home in the Black Hills of South Dakota, Chandler Burr's recent descriptions of Shiseido's White Rose and Guerlain's Rose Barbare scent me in search of them when I hit the ground (in Seattle). Neither was stocked at the downtown Nordstrom, nor across the street in Sephora. However, one of the Sephora SAs told me that I might find them at this great little perfume shop downtown where "the lady owner carries all sorts of discontinued and difficult-to-find stuff!" They told me the name was Parfumerie Nasreen.

Well, my meeting the next day did not start until noon, so the next morning I took the hotel shuttle downtown to the Alexis Hotel at First and Seneca. There, in the lobby of the hotel, is the most charming, tiny parfumerie imaginable. Parfumerie Nasreen has been in its location for 20 years, but I had never even heard of it during the five years I previously lived in Seattle, from 1989-92 and '94-96. Of course, I had not yet discovered Basenotes and, therefore, was not tuned into rare, discontinued, or difficult-to-find scents. The shop is all of 250-300 square feet, and stacked to the top of the 8-foot ceiling with inventory! For starters, they carry the full Creed, Amouage, Clive Christian, Crown and D'Orsay lines, as well as a ton of other designer, foreign, and eclectic scents.

For men, I noted lots of Puig, Balenciaga, Molyneux, Maeurer & Wirtz, J del Pozo, Salvador Dali, Silvestre, Versace, Molinard, Montana, Krizia, Lalique, and Roger & Gallet scents, including many discontinued ones. I also saw a stack of 100ml Nino Cerruti Pour Homme EDT bottles, leading me to believe that this great scent is, in fact, in production once again. They also have a smattering of Comme des Garçons scents, though no L'Artisan or MPG. I was a bit rushed for time, so didn't get to linger as much as I would have liked, and didn't have my camera either. However, I did get a chance to try both D'Orsay Nomade and Chevalier d'Orsay, and confirmed their rightful place on my wish list.

I could go on, but what a gem of a shop! They also have a website here: www.parfumerienasreen.com; and they ship all over the world. In all, they have over 700 fragrances in their tiny shop! Check it out, and be sure to make a trip if you are in the Seattle area.

Jeff * * *

Default Re: Great Seattle Fragrance Shop Find!

Jeff, you described this little treasure trove to a "T."

The place is no larger than a walk-in closet, but gosh do they know how to stack the bottles.

I used to go there fairly regularly to buy cologne before I joined Basenotes and discovered swapping, decants, ebay, etc. Their mark-up is pretty steep, but I would buy niche frags there as they are usually not discounted anywhere else.

The woman who owns and her assistant are wonderful people and make you feel like family.

This place also holds sentimental value for me, as it was where I took Julian/IPFTN for his first bottle of scent!
    The woman sized him up and suggested "Immense," which even now is a pretty unusual fragrance, but she was right...J smelled several and ended up with that one.

I'm wondering if he would pick the same one now. *