Code of Conduct

Default make SOTD a site feature?

Now and then I search the community boards for a fragrance name, and invariably get numerous useless results from SOTD threads telling me only that certain members wore that fragrance on certain days.

What if we were to spin off SOTD as a feature independent of the message board, perhaps integrated with the database and the wardrobe feature? I expect this would unclutter the board and greatly simplify the processing of SOTD statistics.

Do you like the idea?
    Do you smell what I smell? Vive le Crystal Flaçon!

Default Re: make SOTD a site feature?

I can't understand why nobody have reacted upon this. I think it is a great idea!
    SOTD often clogs up the search results.

Whenever I do a search, the searches are clogged up by the sell and trade postings not the SOTD.

YES.
    Read my STOD statistics.

I'm not backing this idea. I like it being a daily thing. I read it several times a day, catching up on the updates.

A separate subforum I'm not sure I'd bother with.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Whenever a feature is broken off, traffic on the new feature drops dramatically from what it was here, because this is the primary discussion forum - where the main game is.

Grooming used to get a whole lot more discussion here before it was split from the Fragrance and Grooming discussion to its own discussion forum.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by geastrum
    I agree. Make a sub-forum and the people who really want to post there will.

Quote Originally Posted by geastrum
    I can't understand why nobody have reacted upon this. I think it is a great idea!
    I hadn't read this thread, but yes, it makes sense. I'm sure something can be done to avoid that.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Isn't it technically possible to show the SOTD threads in the main discussion area, but somehow get them excluded from the search results?

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Whenever a feature is broken off, traffic on the new feature drops dramatically from what it was here, because this is the primary discussion forum - where the main game is.
    Renato's right here. While it's not a bad idea in theory, the reality is that many people ignore the other subboards here. I wonder if it's possible, not sure what the YABB protocol is, to add a function to the search where you can look for results excluding certain words (like typing in "Piper Nigrum -SOTD" to get the threads where it's talked about excluding the words SOTD). Grant had talked about making this a feature when the site first switched here from Yahoo 3 years ago, but it ended up being more plausible to not do it.