Code of Conduct

Thread: summers best

Default summers best

lets get ready for summer. which are the best. (niche)

Default Re: summers best

For this summer i will be enjoy wearing Soda by CDG, SMW by Creed, and Himalaya by Creed,

Isn't this a bit early? haha

I haven't even thought of spring yet

but.. definitely Guerlain Vetiver. I bought it this winter and can't wait until it gets really hot

I'll be sporting the Tabarome Millesome by Creed, Green Irish Tweed by Creed, and there will be some Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan (more for springtime but who cares). I have some more designers to use for some diversity but who wants to hear about those anyway ;D. I can't wait for some warmer weather and the "fresh" styles of people to emerge....

Pretty early, but why not! From what I have, I'll probably wear in the dog-days of summer:

Caswell Massey #6
    Guerlain Vetiver
    YSL PH
    Thierry Mugler Cologne
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia
    Eau Sauvage

Though I rarely wear it, I tend to wear Issey when the weather is especially brutal. It is icy to me for some reason.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Serpent

I thought the original brief sort of specified niche/artisanal scents. At least, "(niche)" is sticking out at the side. The only artisanal scent I'll be wearing is Annick Goutal's Vétiver, the one vetiver scent that won the vetiver wars between Malle, Goutal, Carven, and Guerlain. I also look forward to more use of Kenzo pour Homme (the ol' seaweed-and-beer!) and Eau des Merveilles, both of which are gathering a little dust right now. I occasionally wear them even now - this is L.A., after all, and we've been in the upper 80s lately - but I don't wear them with the regularity I do in the summer months. Eau d'Hermès also tends to be a summer staple, a spicy vanilla scent I can wear with ease in summer heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    I thought the original brief sort of specified niche/artisanal scents. *At least, "(niche)" is sticking out at the side. *The only artisanal scent I'll be wearing is Annick Goutal's Vétiver, the one vetiver scent that won the vetiver wars between Malle, Goutal, Carven, and Guerlain. *I also look forward to more use of Kenzo pour Homme (the ol' seaweed-and-beer!) and Eau des Merveilles, both of which are gathering a little dust right now. *I occasionally wear them even now - this is L.A., after all, and we've been in the upper 80s lately - but I don't wear them with the regularity I do in the summer months. *Eau d'Hermès also tends to be a summer staple, a spicy vanilla scent I can wear with ease in summer heart.

Hey Serp, have you tried Comme des Garçons Series 4: Cologne Vettiveru? If you like Goutal's Vetiver, then you should give Vettiveru a real shake. Its an EDC so its kind of light in terms of sillage. It has a real salty, dirty kind of vetiver note like that of Goutal. To me, its a bit similar and I much prefer Vettiveru. I look at it as an "all-star" team of the vetiver notes of the great Vetivers.

L'eau par Kenzo

niche: Colonia Assoluta

designer: looking forward to wearing Lanvin L'Homme and Live Jazz again. Also Guerlain Vetiver and Eau Sauvage.

Millesime Imperial and Himalaya, I would use GIT but I think its more of a spring scent then summers hot day, it was kind of cloying when I wore it last summer during a VERY hot day.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

My top frags for this Summer will be:

Aramis Surface Skin Tonic (Got a little bit left!!)
    L' Eau de L' Artisan
    Geir EDP
    Mugler Cologne
    Gendarme
    Lanvin L' Homme
    Guerlain Vetiver (Still trying to like this one and maybe the heat will help!)
    Laguna
    TOVA Handsome
    TOVA for Men

That should be enough to get me through the Summer with ease!! I love the lighter, non-cloying scents for hot weather.

Jim

Niche:

Creed SMW
    Creed MI
    Creed Royal Water
    Creed Erolfa
    Creed Chevrefeuille Original
    Creed Neroli Sauvage

Designer:

Boucheron PH
    D&G By
    D&G Pour Homme
    Chanel Egoiste Platinum
    Guerlain Vetiver

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    Hey Serp, have you tried Comme des Garçons Series 4: Cologne Vettiveru? *If you like Goutal's Vetiver, then you should give Vettiveru a real shake. *Its an EDC so its kind of light in terms of sillage. *It has a real salty, dirty kind of vetiver note like that of Goutal. *To me, its a bit similar and I much prefer Vettiveru. *I look at it as an "all-star" team of the vetiver notes of the great Vetivers.
    Vettiveru smells great, but come the ___ on! *I ain't paying that kind of money for that kind of crappy non-longevity! *What kind of nimrod (no offense) is going to lug around a jug o' vetiver to refresh himself every ten minutes to keep staying scented, which is what you have to do with those damn Series 4 Colognes? *Hell, it's what you have to do with practically any Comme des Garçons scent; *I couldn't get even the original eau de parfum or 2 Man to stick to me for love or money. *I love all three scents in that series, but they're strictly for smelling from the bottle in the store, because they're gone as soon as they hit the skin. *As far as I was concerned, Vettiveru wasn't even in the running.

ETA: It's a warm day! I'm puttin' on the ol' seaweed and beer!

It's not too early for me!

It's been 80 degrees + (27 celsius) for the last week in LA. ;D

I wore MI yesterday, Muglar Cologne the day before and SMW today. And loving every bit of it!

I still haven't gone as fare as breaking out Hermes Orange Verte yet, but Sunday it's going to be over 80 again, so you never know.

Live Jazz!

I know I will wear Hermes Jardin en Mediteranee a lot in summer. Just got this and I like it a lot. I want to try Sur le Nil also

My summer favorites are Clive Christian 1872, Bond No. 9 Noveau Bowery, and Carthusia Mediterraneo (EDP)
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Lattafa Ameer Al-Oudh EDP, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud & Slumberhouse Jeke

The only "summer" scent I currently have is Kouros Eau D'ete. Although, I will probly be picking up Live Jazz and L'eau par Kenzo as well.

Why So Serious?

L'eau de L'artisan
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

My summer wardrobe is shaping up like this:

M7 Fresh ( a staple )

Hermes D'Orange Verte Concentree ( another staple. The best "orange" frag to me. )

Soprani Uomo ( If you were/are a fan of ADG ... this is a "grown up" version of the frag, IMO )

Gendarme Green EdP ( I've been using Gendarme since it first came out in the 90's. To me, they finally perfected it. This is the least "soapy" version. Very green, very fresh )

Bond No. 9 Eau de New York ( as much as I don't like the entire Bond No. 9 line, this is the best "lemony" frag ... to my taste. )

Versace Black Jeans ( a very underrated lemony/herbal frag ... nice )

Roger & Gallet: Eau de Gingembre is definitely worth a sniff - very fresh.

Some of my favorite summer fragrances (no particular order):

Designer:

** *o *R de Capucci
    * *o *Allure Eau Fraichissante Pour L'ete
    * *o *Monsieur de Givenchy
    * *o *Guerlain Vetiver
    * *o *Jicky
    * *o *Eau Sauvage
    * *o *Black Jeans
    * *o *Chanel Pour Monsieur (original)
    * *o *Boucheron Pour Homme
    * *o *Lacoste (original)
    * *o *Signoricci
    * *o *Bvlgari Black
    * *o *Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Cologne au the vert
    * *o *Nemo
    * *o *Romeo Gigli
    * *o *Polo Crest
    * *o *Monsieur Carven
    * *o *Carven Vetiver Dry

Niche:

* *o *Eau d' Hadrien
    * *o *Eau de Monsieur
    * *o *Lucifer No. 2
    * *o *Erolfa
    * *o *Millesime Imperial
    * *o *Bigarade Concentree
    * *o *Eau de Tortu
    * *o *Trafalgar
    * *o *Mure et Musc

1. Havana *(I have a source) *;D

2. Creed Himalaya

3. Creed Millesime-- give me more ginger with my sushi---Tabarome, as opposed to my beloved Vintage.

Only niche, *huh?

There must be a Bay Rum out there, *probably made in England's green and pleasant land, * that I haven't sampled yet. *Also love the smell of oranges, *but haven't found the one yet. *For that matter, I *haven't found any above average. And I can't think of a niche vetiver that I like better than Guerlian's.

Cheers,

Mario.
    8-) 8-) 8-)
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

My favourites:

*CREED BOIS DE CEDRAT
    *LITTLE ITALY BOND Nº 9
    *CITRON CITRON MILER HARRIS
    *MARE CREATIVE UNIVERSE
    *GENDARME 20
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Domenico Caraceni,Great Jones Bond Nº9,G.Trumper Wild Fern

MI, Philosykos, Hadrien Absolu
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

Herrera Acqua by Carolina Herrera