Code of Conduct

Default Big news from L'Artisan.

It's going to be an exciting spring at L'Artisan: the are launching 2 new fragrances and are repackaging the whole line!

"Mandarine, tout simplement" is this year's summer limited edtion. Haven't got info about the nose or the exact notes but as you can figure it's based on mandarin (could be a bit like IUNX N°07 Eau Latine: mandarin-tree fruit, leaves and wood).They used the 250ml bottle of Mure & Musc and it comes with a little (Prada style) orange pump spray. The box is orange with a green leave motif. Launch April/May.

2nd big news is the launch of a new eau de parfum (yes edp!) for men called "Fou d'Absinthe" (or Crazy of Absinth). Again I have no notes but it's discribed as a "anis-woody" fragrance (could also be like Olivia Giacobetti's Iunx N°03 Eau Ivre: anis, absinth, everlasting flowers and woody notes) The logo on the bottle is a absinth leave on a turquoise background. Launch May/June.

Fou d'Absinth will be the first L'Artisan to sport the new bottle! The bottle has now more square shoulders and has 7 sides instead of 8. The caps were also redesigned, they now look a bit like the glass caps of the Creed *green refill bottles, transparent for edt / light gold for edp. Boxes were also slightly changed.

PS: Chandler Burr wrote last month about L'Artisan's next millesime (after Fleurs d'Oranger): Narcisse, that will come out in the fall.

Default Re: Big news from L'Artisan.

Thanks for the info Cedric. A bit worried about the new bottle since I love the one they have so much. Ah well, it's the stuff inside that counts.

Thank you for that info cedriceccentric, I can see that you have good sources...

I think that this change comes in a good moment for them, this will boost the House modernness quite a bit IMO.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Thanks for the info Cedric. I wish that I could get excited about the news but I have tried numerous L'Artisan scents and just can't find one that workd for me.

I wonder if the Absinthe one will smell like Etro's Anise and Goutal's Mandragore?
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Awesome news and a new cap design was almost a must inmo, the bottles were just fine though. Very curious about the new scents...

Shifts,
    I think you have talked about how wonderful the caps were, earlier? Was it just the snug fit, not the design?

Thanks for the info, Cedric and hello everybody, I've been skulking around here for quite some time but this should be my first posting!

Quote Originally Posted by geastrum
    Shifts,
    I think you have talked about how wonderful the caps were, earlier? Was it just the snug fit, not the design?
    Hehe yeah that is right, but I bet they won't change the inside of the cap so I'm calm

Thank you very much for keeping us updated, Cedric!
    You really seem to know one more than the devil!!!

Woo-hoo! 2 new scents from my second favorite house ( next to Serge Lutens).

Hopefully, 2006 will be a better year than 2005 for new scents. Except for a select few, I think 05' was so sooo weak and boring for new frags.

We'll see ...

Hi!
    I'm new here

These are the notes for the mandarine fragrance:

Top: green tangerine, ginger
    Middle: yellow tangerine, hawaiian rose
    Base: red tangerine, woody accords