Code of Conduct

Default Lacoste Essential vs. Chrome Azzaro

I like Chrome but it smells kind of metallic ( artificial ) to me, while I find new Lacoste comparable but more naturally smelling. Which one would you recommend?

Default Re: Lacoste Essential vs. Chrome Azzaro

Well, I want to lie the Laacoste Essential. You are right, the tomatoe leaves in the topnotes smell very natural and better than sisley eau de campange. However, the drydown to me smells very synthetic and cheap so, I don't know quite to make of it yet :-?

Serpent

I'm fairly happy with Lacoste Essential. *The cassis (blackcurrant) top with pink pepper notes is a nice change from just straightforward citrus, slightly berryish, and the rose heart is a nice twist to what would otherwise be a plain, fresh, light men's scent, a dime-a-dozen among all the other plain, fresh, light men's scents. *It shows that a company doesn't necessarily have to go out in left field and do something entirely bizarre. *Just a nice twist, a few unexpected notes - that'll do it. *The overall effect of Lacoste Essential is of a modern, sleek take on a classic eaux de cologne like Acqua di Parma, which are heavy on rose and citrus. *Yes, it's synthetic and rather "department store." *No one will ever mistake this for a fine Chanel. *But, as far as scents of its class go - that class being lower-tier quasi-designers like Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Azzaro, Davidoff, and such - it's one of the best. *I never thought I'd enjoy this, but I really do. *Its longevity could be better, but it's not as poor as I thought it would be. *(The thing about the technology and such - ad copy bullpucky as far as I can tell.)

As for Chrome - never liked it. *It's one of the boring scents Lacoste Essential rises above as far as I'm concerned. *Pass on it.

ETA: As much as I like Lacoste Essential, I'd never pay full retail for it. But then, I almost never pay full retail for anything.

Although both seem to me a bit uninteresting, i'll have to go with chrome. I feel essential is just a poor version of some others and it doesn't last long on me, i kinda like the bottle and the top notes are cool and nice. However, chrome to me is best only cause i enjoy the scent from top to basenotes and the logevity is ok on me. It's not a fantastic scent imho.

Stay away from the Lacoste; pure soft-soap citrus..Very annoying scent
    Another con, is that everyone wears it now

So if everyone is wearing this does it mean it's bad?

In the US it was launched couple of weeks ego.

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11
    So if everyone is wearing this does it mean it's bad?

In the US it was launched couple of weeks ego.
    Not saying that is bad, but most people don't want to walk around smelling like everyone else...
    It's like having a designer-jeans with embroidery and such on; it just isn't that cool to own when 5 out of 10 wears the same jeans..

And here in Norway it was launched for half a year ago..