Code of Conduct

Default Attention members rate the following 3 colognes

[b]Whats up basenoters I am new to the community and need some feedback.
    While reviewing colognes I came across 3 colognes reviews which are listed the colognes as extremely sexy and appealing
    I would like some input and hear from basenoters as to how they rate the following as which one is the most appealling and sexy
    1 Rive Gauche pour homme (regular) and (intense)
    2.BY (dolce Gabbana)
    3. Envy (gucci)
    Finally basenoters if you have tried all three and can think of a few colognes which equal or exceed these three colognes in sex appeal include those colognes as well
    Thanks Mr-smellgood

Default Attention members rate the following 3 colognes

[b]Whats up basenoters I am new to the community and need some feedback.
    While reviewing colognes I came across 3 colognes reviews which mentioned three colognes as being extremely sexy and appealing. I would like some input and hear from basenoters as to how they rate the following as which one is the most appealling and sexy
    1 Rive Gauche pour homme (regular) and (intense)
    2.BY (dolce Gabbana)
    3. Envy (gucci)
    Finally basenoters if you have tried all three and can think of a few colognes which equal or exceed these three colognes in sex appeal include those colognes as well
    Thanks Mr-smellgood

Default Re: Attention members rate the following 3 cologne

1. Rive Gauche ph - a very manly scent that is remiscent of the 80's powerhouses. I get a lot of compliments on this from women. I find that if I spray it lighter or only on the chest the effect increases. Body heat can turn this into a very interesting scent... ;D

2. D&G By ph - this is a very nice sweet cologne that is not overly sweet. A little animalic... Contrary to its image as a club-scent and scent with sex-appeal I have yet a woman comment on it. My current gf loves it, tho.

3. Gucci Envy - never had a compliment on this one. I don't find it too romantic, rather very nice during winter time. There is note in it that reminds me a bit of Kouros, must be oak moss. Very spicy.

There are two others I can highly recommend, these are my current No.'s 1 & 2 (YSL RG ph being number three):

1. Baldessarini Eau de Cologne Concentrée - my all-time favourite - I had a lot of girls compliment me on that. Heavenly drydown, very manly, can be worn all day. It's one of those scents that you catch a whiff of and wonder what you were wearing the day before...

2. Creed Green Irish Tweed - Does it get any better than this? This is one to take to a secluded island and wear for the resst of your life. The ambrefris drydown is heavenly. Girls, love it, too. One of a kind!

1. Baldessarini Eau de Cologne Concentrée - my all-time favourite - I had a lot of girls compliment me on that. Heavenly drydown, very manly, can be worn all day. It's one of those scents that you catch a whiff of and wonder what you were wearing the day before...

well said....very underated IMOP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOcean

Oh, yes, yes, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!

;D
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Post Thanks / Like

I love both Rive Gauche and Envy (never sampled DG By yet) and I find those are two are extremely versatile fragrances. I wear them everywhere - to class, to dinners, to chill outs, to clubs. Both are extremely masculine and the ladies seem to love them, as well : )

As for appealing and sexy, hmmm, between RG and Envy, I'd say RG is very take-me-now sexy whereas Envy is more of a lets-have-dinner-first type of sexy.

By is my favourite ever, so be warned! A fantastically sexy fragrance, spicy and woody. Very similar to Jaipur Homme if you've tried that, but not quite as sweet.

Gucci Envy is also very good. Think CK Obsession but a little less sharp, a little more musky. More romantic than sexy.

Both are very well made 'mainstream' designer fragrances.

I haven't properly tried Rive Gauche.

Envy is ok. Rive gauche i think and wife says it stinks horribly. But BY MAN IS the Best OF three. I also like PI By givenchy. and Regular Dolce and Antonio banderas spirit. and CKone and Versace MAN

Post Thanks / Like

I own all three of these and on me would rank Envy on top, then Rive Gauche. By is my least favorite. I will also add that you might consider sampling Chanel's Allure Homme. I like it better than any of these however many here will not agree with me on this. The best way to solve this would be for you to sample all three and see which ones YOU like on YOUR skin. Fragrance selection is highly personal and scents smell different on others than they will on you.

1. Rive Gauche

2. Envy

3. By

I own all 3 too and here's my take:

1) Envy-Superb

2) By--Very, very good

3) RG. THe regular is OK in small doses, if you enjoy smelling like sweetened Johnson's Baby Powder; the intense makes me want to yak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades
    I love both Rive Gauche and Envy (never sampled DG By yet) and I find those are two are extremely versatile fragrances. I wear them everywhere - to class, to dinners, to chill outs, to clubs. Both are extremely masculine and the ladies seem to love them, as well : )

As for appealing and sexy, hmmm, between RG and Envy, I'd say RG is very take-me-now sexy whereas Envy is more of a lets-have-dinner-first type of sexy.
    I agree with this smarty pants. I like BY though. I've smelled it and it is nothing special but not bad at all. I like it a lot. I prefer Envy as my number one and then Rive Gauche and then By...

This looks like this was posted twice accidentally. I'll add the comments from the other thread, here:

================================================== ====

1. Envy

2. Rive Gauche

3. yuck!!

==============================

other thread posted above!

I haven't tried BY.
    Rive Gauche is pretty good. I bought it blind(which is a huge chance for me) and like it a lot. I can see where body chemistry might make this smelly. Get it while you still can.
    Envy is one of those fragrances that when I smell I just shake my head since I can't see why anyone likes it.

Post Thanks / Like

ENvy smells like the satisflying click of a limousine door being shut. Ive tested the other two and have never been moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    Very similar to Jaipur Homme if you've tried that, but not quite as sweet.
    To be honest with you Dante, that is the strangest thing I`ve heard in a while! By similar to Jaipur?!? Mitä? Was? Vad? What?

I like them both, but I just can`t find similarities at all.

What can I say - scent interpretation is a very subjective thing, and to me they smell similar.

Post Thanks / Like

!. Rive Gauche--one of my favorites. I find it very adaptable and it suits my chemistry beautifully. People respond very favorably to it.

2. Envy--what's not to like. Nice smell. Well made product. But it lacks soul. Just another pretty face but sometimes that's not a bad thing.

Never tested By. And don't feel a need to do so.

1) Rive Gauche - very masculine and retro. Wear it clean and light and the effect can be quite awesome.
    2) Envy - strong woods dry down to fruity bubble gum. Don't hate me for saying this but this is sexy only in the sense that Aqua di Gio is said to be sexy. Smells like something that has recently become out of fashion.
    I don't know about the 'By' but other things I'd like to add would be YSL M7 which smells a lot like Envy in top notes but much more interesting and Opum PH EDP. Also try Chanel Egoiste.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote Propaganda13
    Rive Gauche is pretty good. I bought it blind(which is a huge chance for me) and like it a lot. I can see where body chemistry might make this smelly. Get it while you still can.

What do you mean ...get it while you still can?
    Has it been discontinued?
    Cheers
    Alex

1. Rive Gauche PH. Very good fougere. One of the best fougeres IMO.
    2. By PH. Good powdery scent. But I looove feminine By much more.
    3. Envy FM. Not bad woody-spicy.

Sorry, but in sexy department I prefer Guerlain, Caron and Serge Lutens masterpieces.
    Vetiver The Great!!!