Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: This is probably the last place to ask this...

I donít think I like that idea. If you wear the same frag day after day, you eventually will not be able to smell it. Since 80% - 90% of my satisfaction comes from smelling myself, I like to rotate a lot to keep my nose guessing.

There is no Nose....

Quote Originally Posted by OlfaOmega
    ...Since 80% - 90% of my satisfaction comes from smelling myself... * *
    LOL!!!

OO, you really should see someone about this. * ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Quote Originally Posted by FroFro
    I'm also interested in the historical aspect of this topic. *I feel that we had one or two "signature" scents earlier because there really wasn't as many to choose from as there are now.

Now there are more scents that appeal to us, hence, we tend to have more "signature" scents.

To me, I think what I'm trying to achieve is a balance between my need to have a "signature" scent and my desire for variety. *What I think I want to happen is for me to establish a pattern in which I chose my scents, and, in that, discover that "signature" feeling without actually limiting myself in my fragrance wardrobe.
    Methinks your position has changed considerably in the course of this discussion.
    Specifically, contrast what you write above with what you started off saying,
    " I'm very old-school on this and believe (truly) that one should have one signature scent."

Congratulations - you are no longer old-school, but very modern.
    Renato

[quote author=OlfaOmega link=1139415944/30#30 date=1139430157]
    ...Since 80% - 90% of my satisfaction comes from smelling myself... * *
    LOL!!!

OO, you really should see someone about this. * ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/quote]
    Heheh.. perhaps that came out the wrong way.

Or perhaps it didn't!!! BUH-WAH-HA-HA-HA-HAAAA!!

Seriously though, no one I know gives a basenote what I wear. Savages.

There is no Nose....

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    [quote author=FroFro link=1139415944/15#29 date=1139426029]I'm also interested in the historical aspect of this topic. I feel that we had one or two "signature" scents earlier because there really wasn't as many to choose from as there are now.

Now there are more scents that appeal to us, hence, we tend to have more "signature" scents.

To me, I think what I'm trying to achieve is a balance between my need to have a "signature" scent and my desire for variety. What I think I want to happen is for me to establish a pattern in which I chose my scents, and, in that, discover that "signature" feeling without actually limiting myself in my fragrance wardrobe.
    Methinks your position has changed considerably in the course of this discussion.
    Specifically, contrast what you write above with what you started off saying,
    " I'm very old-school on this and believe (truly) that one should have one signature scent."

Congratulations - you are no longer old-school, but very modern.
    Renato

[/quote]
    Again, Renato, you misread me. If you re-read carefully, while I said that I believe that, I also said that I don't follow that rule recently; in order to justify my horridly un-signature behaviour, I'm trying to develop the theory of a "signature scent" into a theory of a "signature something". That way I won't feel as guilty
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Quote Originally Posted by OlfaOmega
    [quote author=FroFro link=1139415944/30#31 date=1139430413][quote author=OlfaOmega link=1139415944/30#30 date=1139430157]
    ...Since 80% - 90% of my satisfaction comes from smelling myself...
    LOL!!!

OO, you really should see someone about this. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/quote]
    Heheh.. perhaps that came out the wrong way.

Or perhaps it didn't!!! BUH-WAH-HA-HA-HA-HAAAA!!

Seriously though, no one I know gives a basenote what I wear. Savages.

[/quote]
    It was cute.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Again, Renato, you misread me. *If you re-read carefully, while I said that I believe that, I also said that I don't follow that rule recently; in order to justify my horridly un-signature behaviour, I'm trying to develop the theory of a "signature scent" into a theory of a "signature something". *That way I won't feel as guilty
    I'm not sure I have misread you, anyway we'll have to agree to disagree on that very fine point.

However, I'm puzzled again. What's this guilt business? Where does that enter the equation?
    Renato

[quote author=FroFro link=1139415944/30#34 date=1139451151]
    Again, Renato, you misread me. If you re-read carefully, while I said that I believe that, I also said that I don't follow that rule recently; in order to justify my horridly un-signature behaviour, I'm trying to develop the theory of a "signature scent" into a theory of a "signature something". That way I won't feel as guilty
    I'm not sure I have misread you, anyway we'll have to agree to disagree on that very fine point.

However, I'm puzzled again. What's this guilt business? Where does that enter the equation?
    Renato[/quote]
    Yes, Renato, I can tell there's some Italian blood mixed in there somewhere. "I'm not sure I have misread you, 'cause I know better what you meant when you wrote what you wrote." Luv it! ;D ;D ;D

"Guilt", perhaps, is not the right word. As I've said in my initial post, I feel torn, not guilty. On the one hand, I do believe in signature scents, on the other, I'm not sure I'll find just ONE.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Yes, Renato, I can tell there's some Italian blood mixed in there somewhere. *"I'm not sure I have misread you, 'cause I know better what you meant when you wrote what you wrote." *Luv it! * ;D ;D ;D

"Guilt", perhaps, is not the right word. *As I've said in my initial post, I feel torn, not guilty. *On the one hand, I do believe in signature scents, on the other, I'm not sure I'll find just ONE.
    Actually, it's "I'm not sure I have misread you because I'm pretty sure you meant what you wrote when you wrote it."

You were firmly old school yesterday, turned new school overnight, but seem to want to incorporate some of what you liked most about the old school tradition into your new school ways. Which all seems pretty reasonable and practicable to me.

Do you still wear Obsession?
    Renato

[quote author=FroFro link=1139415944/30#37 date=1139452901]
    Yes, Renato, I can tell there's some Italian blood mixed in there somewhere. "I'm not sure I have misread you, 'cause I know better what you meant when you wrote what you wrote." Luv it! ;D ;D ;D

"Guilt", perhaps, is not the right word. As I've said in my initial post, I feel torn, not guilty. On the one hand, I do believe in signature scents, on the other, I'm not sure I'll find just ONE.
    Actually, it's "I'm not sure I have misread you because I'm pretty sure you meant what you wrote when you wrote it."
    You were firmly old school yesterday, turned new school overnight, but seem to want to incorporate some of what you liked most about the old school tradition into your new school ways. Which all seems pretty reasonable and practicable to me.
    Do you still wear Obsession?
    Renato[/quote]
    Geez, Renato, re-read my first post. I still consider myself old school, i'm just looking for a cover.

Yeah, I still wear Obsession.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Geez, Renato, re-read my first post. *I still consider myself old school, i'm just looking for a cover. *

It's still a fabulous scent.
    Renato

[quote author=FroFro link=1139415944/30#39 date=1139455396]
    Geez, Renato, re-read my first post. I still consider myself old school, i'm just looking for a cover.

It's still a fabulous scent.
    Renato[/quote]
    I think it's much better now that not every other person is wearing it.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

While I dont have a true signature scent, there are a few that I fall back on depending on the time of year (2 for each season) that just fit me.

For winter: Gucci Rush and Versace Dreamer will always have a spot on my shelf. Dreamer is my "warm" look at me scent and Rush I just find tranquil and nice to have around on cold days

For Summer: Actually, I only have one summer scent (which I have recently discovered) and that is YSL's Kouros eau D'ete. I dont really care for anything light and fruity so the edge of Kouros makes this my perfect summer scent.

For all around: John Varvatos for a kind of dressed up look and Versace Black Jeans for casual. There two are used constantly throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture17
    While I dont have a true signature scent, there are a few that I fall back on depending on the time of year (2 for each season) that just fit me.

For winter: Gucci Rush and Versace Dreamer will always have a spot on my shelf. Dreamer is my "warm" look at me scent and Rush I just find tranquil and nice to have around on cold days

For Summer: Actually, I only have one summer scent (which I have recently discovered) and that is YSL's Kouros eau D'ete. I dont really care for anything light and fruity so the edge of Kouros makes this my perfect summer scent.

For all around: John Varvatos for a kind of dressed up look and Versace Black Jeans for casual. There two are used constantly throughout the year.
    Do you find they have anything in common that you think appeals to you?
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

BTW, I've analized my "signatures" and realized that I seem to favor Bergamot a lot, as well as Musk and Amber. But mostly Bergamot. Sandalwood and Orange blossom also seem to be quite popular with yours truly.

The only one that completely doesn't fit the picture is Michael (Kors).
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.