Code of Conduct

Default Warning: Another Creed Thread, Read at Own Risk!

I just wanted to mention how much I have been enjoying my Creed Vetiver 1948! I have worn it for 4 straight days now. The last two by itself and the first two layered. It is so versatile! It smells great when mixed with another fav fragrance or simply by istelf. Is there any one else here that finds this to be the best among vetivers? I do, it is my fav vetiver. I love it more that FM Route du vetiver even!

Default Re: Warning: Another Creed Thread, Read at Own Ris

Havn't tried the Vintage Vetiver but I love my OV ;D!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

What's the difference between this and Guerlin vetiver?

Quote Originally Posted by mrliberfarb
    What's the difference between this and Guerlin vetiver?
    Well, I like Guerlain Vetiver also so I am not ging to knock it. However, Vertiver (1948) is much,much better IMHO. The is a fresh burst of citrus notes that has an herbal quality that segues into the vetiver root the way it should be. It is true to the vetiver root while the other mixture of fresh and herbal notes slightly tames it to yield one sexy beast! I recommend trying it! Although It is EDT, it stays on my shirt all day and people notice it. It smells wonderful!

Creed sucks, WAY overrated!
    Nah, just kidding! *Believe it or not, I never smelled a Creed! *I just thought I'd get the fight started early on this one. *
    I must say, I find the Creed fights highly entertaining! *
    8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman
    Creed sucks, WAY overrated!
    Nah, just kidding! *Believe it or not, I never smelled a Creed! *I just thought I'd get the fight started early on this one. *
    I must say, I find the Creed fights highly entertaining! *
    8-)

There is nothing wrong is saying Creed sucks as you will not hurt my feelings ;D However, you do owe it to yourself to try the Creeds along with some other great Houses. I have all the Montale fragrances and found none of them worth buying. Believe me, I like other houses very mush also. I am awaiting my selection verte so I am currently hyped about that! I do agree that Creed needs to look at their wuality Control because I have been through hell and back to get a decent bottle of Neroli sauvag but man is it worth it!

Hey ikkito-
    It's just a money thing with me, that's all. *I'm not as flush as most of the cats here. *I just basically consider niche frags to be out of my league. *Someday when my ship comes in maybe I'll actively go check out the Creed line. *And other houses. *But for now, I'll settle for the occasional sample a groovy BaseNoter'll throw in with a swap or whatever. *I've actually been able to sample a number of niche juices now because of that...
    Even a Creed! *It was Neroli Sauvage, and I thought it was quite nice -- I'd forgotten about that when I made my jokey post above. *

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman
    Hey ikkito-
    It's just a money thing with me, that's all. *I'm not as flush as most of the cats here. *I just basically consider niche frags to be out of my league. *Someday when my ship comes in maybe I'll actively go check out the Creed line. *And other houses. *But for now, I'll settle for the occasional sample a groovy BaseNoter'll throw in with a swap or whatever. *I've actually been able to sample a number of niche juices now because of that...
    Even a Creed! *It was Neroli Sauvage, and I thought it was quite nice -- I'd forgotten about that when I made my jokey post above. *
    I absolutely adore NS! I would call up a Neimans and persuade them to send you samples. Call up saks to get some other niche stuff. If you find something you like, you might be able to find a deal on the net thats in the budget! I called the place in NY to get my LV samples and lucious cargo might send you some as well. Good Luck!

I'm wearing Vetiver (1948) today too, and it is far and away my favorite of the quite a few vetivers I've tried (a group that still doesn't include Route, Extraordinaire and Racine, perhaps the others most often acclaimed here). I think the Creed is unassailably good, unless one just doesn't like this sort of fragrance. There are several other older Creeds of which the same could be said (REL, Santal Imperial, original Tabarome, etc.). None of these ever gets much play in the Creed-critical threads.

Now you've got me thinking abou layering this one. I have half a mind to surrealize it with Odeur 71 or CDG 3. What's worked for you?
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    I*have been through hell and back to get a decent bottle of Neroli sauvag but man is it worth it!
    same with me: The quest for THE one true bottle of NS kept me busy for a long, long time :-)

m

BdP rocks!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??