Code of Conduct

Default May have to stop wearing Odeur 53...bad luck

Guys,

I wore Odeur 53 twice to work this week and both times something bad happened to me before I got there.

Tuesday night I got a speeding ticket on the way to work. It was the last day of the month and the cop was looking to fill his quota, so I couldn't even try to talk my way out of it (I was only going 72 mph on a divided highway expressway-which for some reason had a speed limit of 55mph.)
    So that sucks.

And now TODAY, I was the victim of some road rage on the way to work. I was sitting at the stoplight in the left-hand turn lane, and some cars coming the other way were blocking the intersection- so when my light turned green, I couldn't go anywhere. I threw up my hands to the cars blocking the intersection, and this one guy rolled down his window and started mouthing me. So I told him he was in the wrong by blocking the intersection. Then when his car finally came parallel to mine, he made a nasty face at me and threw a half-full can of pepsi at me, hitting my doorhandle and spraying pepsi all over my car! I didn't even get his plates.

Guys, this has been the worst week for me, and I'm not lying- I'm starting to associate my new bottle of Odeur 53 with BAD LUCK. Tomorrow, I'm driving to see a girl who lives 6 hours away. I was gonna wear Odeur 53. Now, I'm not so sure.

And today when I had applied the Odeur 53, I was walking to my car, and when the breeze floated by, I detected a kind of nasty smell, like metal and glass and stuff. I wondered if it was coming from me. There WAS a big jumble of glass and metal in a nearby dumpster and some kind of smoke coming from the sewers, but I was wondering if Odeur 53 doesn't have a little bit of that "drool" note in it, that turns me off of CdG Original EDP. I think Odeur 53 smells great, and I think it works pretty well on my skin, but I wonder if maybe it has a bit of a tendency to let off some bad notes every once in a while. Just wondering.

I'm afraid if I wear Odeur 53 this weekend, all hell will break loose.

I still put Odeur 53 in my top five of all time. I just wonder if maybe it's bringing me bad luck. I really can't decide what in my drobe I should wear when i go see this girl. As much as Rive Gauche is my go-to, I'm not feeling it on this assignment. This girl I'm going to see is kind of quiet but very social. She's really into literature and music. On our previous date I wore a sample of Eau Noire.

Do you guys and gals have any suggestions for this weekend, looking at my drobe? I know my cologne won't make or break me (hopefully!), but i wonder what I should wear.

Default Re: May have to stop wearing Odeur 53...bad luck

If not Odeur 53, then wear its close cousin...Odeur 71!

;D

They must have included the extra bad luck notes. For you, they should specially remove it to make Odeur 52 ;D (if you didn't catch on, 52 is supposed to resemble a heart : P)

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    If not Odeur 53, then wear its close cousin...Odeur 71!

;D
    Or perhaps you should wear Mr. knightowl, who is apparently Odeur 69.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    [quote author=teflondog link=1138951846/0#1 date=1138954328]If not Odeur 53, then wear its close cousin...Odeur 71!

;D
    Or perhaps you should wear Mr. knightowl, who is apparently Odeur 69. [/quote]

Sorry, but Odeur 69 is reserved for Mrs. knightowl... : *
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Since I just discovered Passage D'Enfer through a sample purchase, I'd pick that one. One of the big assets of Odeur 53 lays in it's subtlety without getting boring. I think Passage D'Enfer is somewhere in that realm too. Good luck and why not take your bike to work next time? Your unfortunate incidents seem awfully closely related to your car

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    Since I just discovered Passage D'Enfer through a sample purchase, I'd pick that one. One of the big assets of Odeur 53 lays in it's subtlety without getting boring. I think Passage D'Enfer is somewhere in that realm too. Good luck and why not take your bike to work next time? Your unfortunate incidents seem awfully closely related to your car

I live much too far from work to take a bicycle. I'm stuck driving.

I hadn't really even considered Passage D'Enfer, although I should have. It's been one of my all time faves. I wore it when I was working on a TV show, and I had a few babes all over me.

The only problem is this; For whatever reason, Passage just doesn't smell the same to me as it used to. I know my bottle hasn't gone bad or anything, it just strikes my nose in a less pleasing way than it used to. It's taken on a heavy cedary musky character. It doesn't even smell like a Catholic church to me anymore. It smells like golden grahams cereal to me now. I used to LOVE this stuff. Now it just doesn't push the buttons that it used to. Of course, some girl smelling it on me for the first time might love it. But i'm just waiting for the day when I sniff Passage, and it's like it was when I first discovered it. There was something in it that was almost juniper-like, it reminded me of Fruity Pebbles (why all the cereal references I wonder?)and gin, that I just don't pick up any more.

I'm really thinking about Avignon, but that might freak the girl out. Maybe Jaisalmer. Possibly Calamus or Sequoia. I've really started to like Jazz alot recently, so maybe I'll wear that. I could play it safe and wear L'Instant pour Homme or Hanae Mori. Oh hell, there's a good likelihood I may just wear Passage D'Enfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    It was the last day of the month and the cop was looking to fill his quota, so I couldn't even try to talk my way out of it (I was only going 72 mph on a divided highway expressway-which for some reason had a speed limit of 55mph.)
    Wow...
    Hopefully this was a subtle joke. If not, you have a very screwed up view of police officers.

Quote Originally Posted by skwak
    [quote author=Indie_Guy link=1138951846/0#0 date=1138951846]It was the last day of the month and the cop was looking to fill his quota, so I couldn't even try to talk my way out of it (I was only going 72 mph on a divided highway expressway-which for some reason had a speed limit of 55mph.)
    Wow...
    Hopefully this was a subtle joke. *If not, you have a very screwed up view of police officers.[/quote]

I realy REALLY am not trying to bait anyone into a heated discussion here, but isn't it kind of accepted that officers are more likley to write a ticket rather than a warning if they are on a quota system? Skwak, if you have some inside info (such as, you know, being in law enforcement for example) please clue me in, because I didn't notice anything screwed up about what Indie said, it just sounded bitter in that way people get when they get a ticket.

I have heard of cops having ticket quotas as well. Maybe not all cops have quotas, but in some places tickets are a very important part of the department's income. Like Indie said, usually you get burned at the end of the month because the cop has been lazy for 3 weeks and now has to fill his quota real fast.

Back on topic, I don't believe in luck - but if you are getting creeped out by a frag then take a brake for a bit. Definitely don't take something on your trip which will weight on your mind the whole time. I think that bad luck is one of the few things that are self fulfilling. If you believe in bad luck you will definately have it.

Yes, Avignon can do the trick for your date. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    [quote author=skwak link=1138951846/0#7 date=1138970608][quote author=Indie_Guy link=1138951846/0#0 date=1138951846]It was the last day of the month and the cop was looking to fill his quota, so I couldn't even try to talk my way out of it (I was only going 72 mph on a divided highway expressway-which for some reason had a speed limit of 55mph.)
    Wow...
    Hopefully this was a subtle joke. *If not, you have a very screwed up view of police officers.[/quote]

I realy REALLY am not trying to bait anyone into a heated discussion here, but isn't it kind of accepted that officers are more likley to write a ticket rather than a warning if they are on a quota system? Skwak, if you have some inside info (such as, you know, being in law enforcement for example) please clue me in, because I didn't notice anything screwed up about what Indie said, it just sounded bitter in that way people get when they get a *ticket.[/quote]

Maybe it's different where I'm from, but I've never met a police officer that has a quota for tickets. From what I'm told, most actually don't like giving tickets because it creates more work for them. Going 17 over the speed limit is enough to warrant giving a ticket, so stop blaming it on quotas and just go the speed limit.

In my part of the world, the speed limit is treated as the speed minimum.

Why So Serious?

There are 50 more reasons why you should still wear it!
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Hmm, I was really looking forward to test Odevr 53. I hope my skin chemistry won't produce the notes of misfortune. ;D

wear something else... Similar things happen to me with Dreamer