Code of Conduct

Default a man can not wear coco madmoiselle?

madmoiselle is one of the most popular scents amoung women. but i like it so much. basenoters say that they wear mitsouko, jicky, miss dior, shalimar. that i can understant, because these scents are rather unisex. but to wear mademoiselle??? i am afraid...
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Default Re: a man can not wear coco madmoiselle?

Is it very different from the regular Coco? I find Coco somewhat reminiscent of Trumper's Sandalwood.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

i usually wear indifferentely male or female frags ,coco,shalimar.mitsouko ,and many others ,personally i think that mademoiselle is one of the few frag that i find too much feminine to wear maybe because it's too springy floral ,but i have to admit that it's one of my next buy for my collection,i buy some frags even when i know that i will not be wearing them ,just to smell them from time to time, listen to my advice if you like it ,let's buy it,try it on your skin one day when you're at home and then you'll decide if you'll wear it or not sometimes a so called feminine frag can be totallly transformed in someone else's skin

Last I heard, a man can wear anything he damn well wants.

I like Coco Madmoiselle and if you can find it, there IS a version for Homme. It's ok. Not as good as the girly stuff.

Griff
    Griff

Wear it and lie through your teeth if anyone asks you what it is. ;D Otherwise, just give it to someone you know or spray it around on stuff.

I think the problem with Mademoiselle is, simply, its popularity. Too many women use it, such that it is readily identifiable as a female scent. Stuff like Mitsouko is scarce enough that most people haven't yet made the gender association, that's all.

If reluctant, mix it up with something. I.e., wear this on your wrists and something complementary on the rest of the body parts you use cologne on (these body parts differ from user to user, I find; the "pulse points" theory is way overrated), gradually increasing the mademoiselle and decresing the complemental fragrance to a level you find comfortable.

I do that all the time with male fragrances.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

COCO Mlle is a wonderful fragrance, and if you feel like wearing it, don't let anything stop you!

Quote Originally Posted by Griff

and if you can find it, there IS a version for Homme. It's ok. Not as good as the girly stuff.

Griff
    ^^^^ I didn`t guite understand that...Could someone clear that up for me..?

Overcome By Fumes

I've worn it. It didn't thrill me on me though so I probably won't again. Unlike Indie Guy's experiences with Odeur 53, I did NOT get a speeding ticket nor did anyone throw drinks at me when I wore it. I was not lynched by any angry mobs of scent-gender zealots. No groups of teenagers pointed at me and snickered when I wore it--ok, no more than usual! I'm betting no one recognizes it, and you can enjoy it to your hearts content.

I too would be interested in a version of Coco Mademoiselle pour Homme, as it sounds almost oxymoronic.

Coco Mademoiselle is VERY unlike Coco, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    [quote author=Griff link=1138909564/0#3 date=1138913848]

and if you can find it, there IS a version for Homme. It's ok. Not as good as the girly stuff.

Griff
    ^^^^ I didn`t guite understand that...Could someone clear that up for me..?

[/quote]

I was thinking about this either

and look what I've read:
    from
    http://www.chandlerburr.com/newsite/...nt/perfume.php
    One annotation: You've got to start out understanding that there really is no such thing as a "masculine" or "feminine" fragrance. The perfume expert Luca Turin once said to me that masculine perfumery is (very unfortunately for it) defined negatively, which is to say by what you "can't" put in it, flowers, bright notes, etc. And the marketers straightjacket feminine fragrances, simply in the opposite direction. Don't listen to them. Every professional I know, everyone in the industry, wears whatever he or she likes with no attention at all paid to the marketing, and so do I, and that's the only way to approach it, particularly given the amount of clichéd, semi-functional, under-constructed crap marketed as "masculine." You should wear whatever scents you like
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Thanks Dreamer! I guess that was exactly Griff`s point. (and good point that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Esan Sal
    I think the problem with Mademoiselle is, simply, its popularity. Too many women use it, such that it is readily identifiable as a female scent. Stuff like Mitsouko is scarce enough that most people haven't yet made the gender association, that's all.
    my mother said to me the same

BUT yeasterday i was in a huge supermarket .went to perfume shop and sprayed on myself Coco Madmoiselle (not only the wrists, but all over)....It was so sparkling... scent is so yummy.

Coco Mademoiselle | Chanel from
    http://www.chandlerburr.com/newsite/...s.php?#newtop2

I offended a perfumer in Paris by describing Coco Mademoiselle. What I said was that Chanel had clearly decided to create a perfume that American teenage girls would immediately want. His eyebrows arched; "Well, it's a bit more than that," he said. Yes, I agree. It was an entirely forehand compliment: As with Ralph by Ralph Lauren, which was obviously created for the same purpose, Coco Mademoiselle is both an entry level Chanel fragrance and a very smart marketing decision, and there's nothing wrong with either, at all. God knows Nos 19 and 22 can be tough to appreciate immediately. If you like nice scents, you like this perfume, instantly. Period, end of discussion. It is Lovely, flowery, a fresh-faced seventeen-year-old in a summer dress, of excellent quality so the fragrance lasts, and, behind the seeming sweet simplicity, something much more compelling than might at first appear. That something is simply that when you come across someone wearing it, you want to lean closer to them.

Sanzio

Hi! I wear it! I do not mind... about the compliments I get when using it... If you like it, wear it. Be happy! "it" won't fall down . I can assure you! ;D My "it" is right here!!! :