Code of Conduct

Default A*Men Application

A*Men was the top worn fragrance in January and judging from the large number of reviews it
    is very popular among this community.

It is however a very powerful scent and it has a lot of sillage. When you guys apply it how much
    do you normally put on for it to not be overpowering?

Default Re: A*Men Application

1/2 a spray
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I use a roll-on.

I agree with AZ. A* is a synthetic (I think) and it lasts until you wash it off. I did a 1/2 spray on my chest before work and it is still there 14 hours later.
    There is no Nose....

I put a full spray on my wrist and then dab it on my neck.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    I put a full spray on my wrist and then dab it on my neck.
    Day, Evening or both?
    There is no Nose....

Default Re: A*Men

Ordinary American people/consumers were tested on what smells they liked best. They liked, it turns out, baked cookie and baked pie, over all the others, including expensive French fragrances. This was, as I recall, about 10 years ago.

The synthetic "baked cookie" flavor, they realized, was a gold mine. Well, Thierry Mugler capitalized on it, and that's what you have in A*Men.

A*Men reminds me of the time I participated in a pie baking contest. The judges were a nice but totally-ignorant-of-truly-good-food fat couple, a preacher and his wife, nice people, but not someone I would want to choose my food. They chose, GET THIS, I KID YOU NOT, out of 30-some pies (this in the Fall in upstate New York, where there were some 60 varieties of incredibly tasty apples, some of which were painstakingly made into pies that day) THE MOCK APPLE PIE - FROM RITZ CRACKERS, LARD, BUTTER, SUGAR, LEMON, AND SALT. Because it "tasted" (sugar, fat, flour, sour, salt) better!

Synthetic cookie flavor, you can have it.

The new Carlos Santana fragrance capitalizes on the baked cookie smell too. It'll probably do well.

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    1/2 a spray
    Same here...don't need any more than that!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Why So Serious?

a tiny little squirt behind each ear :
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Default Re: A*Men

Quote Originally Posted by DonInTheDesert
    Ordinary American people/consumers were tested on what smells they liked best. *They liked, it turns out, baked cookie and baked pie, over all the others, including expensive French fragrances. *This was, as I recall, about 10 years ago. *

The synthetic "baked cookie" flavor, they realized, was a gold mine. *Well, Thierry Mugler capitalized on it, and that's what you have in A*Men. *

A*Men reminds me of the time I participated in a pie baking contest. *The judges were a nice but totally-ignorant-of-truly-good-food fat couple, a preacher and his wife, nice people, but not someone I would want to choose my food. *They chose, GET THIS, I KID YOU NOT, out of 30-some pies (this in the Fall in upstate New York, where there were some 60 varieties of incredibly tasty apples, some of which were painstakingly made into pies that day) THE MOCK APPLE PIE - FROM RITZ CRACKERS, LARD, BUTTER, SUGAR, LEMON, AND SALT. *Because it "tasted" (sugar, fat, flour, sour, salt) better!

Synthetic cookie flavor, you can have it.

The new Carlos Santana fragrance capitalizes on the baked cookie smell too. *It'll probably do well.
    Fascinating. Great post dude. You should repeat this in a few weeks for those that might miss it this time around. And welcome to Basenotes! [smiley=thumbup.gif]

There is no Nose....

2 to the chest, and 1 on the neck, I think I might be the only one here but, I only find the top notes strong, the dry down does not have much sillage as the tops.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

How far away do you guys spray? A half a spray of anything i have and i dont think id smell it

1 spray to the neck...Don't think the distance of the spritz matters very much - maybe something around 10cm..

Quote Originally Posted by keeg
    1 spray to the neck...Don't think the distance of the spritz matters very much - maybe something around 10cm..
    I always thought that the closer you sprayed, the stronger the scent and the more chemically it smells

WOW, I am the exception, not the rule on this one . A*Men is one of it not my top scents and I use it liberally. In fact, I use their shampoo and deoderant stick along with the cologne and no one has backed away from me with a look of disgust on their face ;D. Maybe it's my 66+ year old nose but it's not very 'strong' to me and I love its aroma; baked cookies or pies not withstanding :.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

went from 2 sprites to .5 to 1 now

well i only wore 2 sprites the first day i got it not knowing how strong ths thing was lol

I tried a couple of the "airborne" techiques with A* yesterday. A spray in the air, settle on the top of the hand, a second time with the walk-though. If you like the drydown better than the topnootes this is a good way to get right to the drydown, which still lasts a long time.
    There is no Nose....