Code of Conduct

Default This place is dangerous... recommendation request

I had been doing really well just enjoying the fragrances that I own. In fact I decided to sell a handful of the ones that I just wasn't going to wear anymore. What better place to sell them than right here at basenotes? Bad move, I checked in with the discussions, found a sale going on over at DSH. $100 something dollars later I come back and read and catch up with what I have missed on the discussion boards. Remembered how much I loved Bitter Orange from Agraria. Had to order that too. And while I was ordering, might as well order that full bottle of Piper Nigrum that I have been thinking about. So I managed to sell 3 bottles and buy 6...

Looking at what I actually wear, I can't help but notice a trend.

Piper Nigrum
    Gingembre by DSH
    Mahjoun by DSH
    Orange Spice by Creed
    Visit
    Bitter Orange (soon!)
    and a handful of DSH designer copies (opium for men, Tuscany, etc)

Lots of spices! I'd actually like to have more (God help me:-) and maybe mix it up a little. I've noticed a few notes that I really don't like on me, leather, moss, incense (despite the fact that I love my good Japanese incense) and tobacco. I like citrus scents in general but I have a hard time finding one that lasts very long on me. I don't like really sweet fragrances on me. Lavender has recently piqued my interest, but I haven't found one yet that I want to buy. Here's some of the things I'm interested in buying soon:

Seven by DSH
    Michalangelo by DSH

and I want to try Endymion and LP #9 by Penhaligon

Is there anything else out there that you could recommend me sampling? I'll be going to NYC next week, plan on stopping in Penhaligon's place to try them out. Hopefully I won't come back with more than one bottle...:-)

Isaac

Default Re: This place is dangerous... recommendation requ

Hi Isaacc7

Why don't you pay a visit to Floris London while you're at N. Y. ? Madison Avenue, New York NY, 10021.

I'm sure you'll find interesting stuff.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

I was thinking Floris as well!

Try out Santal. It opens up with lavender, has a background of spices, and dries down to a bittersweet, sandalwood base (well, not TOO much sandalwood. It's more of just a light spicy, sweet woody base)

I can send a little sample if you like - only it'll take a while as I'm REALLY bogged down with school work and I don't have time to walk 20minutes to the post office : \

Hey Bud! Diptyque Eau D'Elide = Lavender + Bitter Orange= Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    Hey Bud! Diptyque Eau D'Elide = Lavender + Bitter Orange= Excellent!

Hmm, I think I actually have a sample of this floating around here someplace. Thanks for the hint!

Isaac

One of my new loves is Parfums de Nicolai New York. It's a great scent that is so complex I don't even know how to describe it but it starts with some great citrus lemon notes and evolves throughout the day. I don't know of any store that sells it but beautyhabit.com sells it online.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Luckyscent just got the PdN line in also. Here ... http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/categ...&section=1

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    One of my new loves is Parfums de Nicolai New York. It's a great scent that is so complex I don't even know how to describe it but it starts with some great citrus lemon notes and evolves throughout the day. I don't know of any store that sells it but beautyhabit.com sells it online.

Wow, the notes sound great! I'll have to come up with a sample of this at some point. Thanks!

Isaac

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    I got a sample of it from First in fragrance in Germany, so they should carry it as well. Can't remember I cared too much for it though. The recent thread concerning the brand has made me think about giving it another shot though.