Code of Conduct

Default The Ultimate Fendi Life essence Thread...

Hello Guys,

I've been reading the reviews about this fragrance at the directory and I'm quite interested (and a bit confused) in testing it. Some say it's floral, but are very vague, others say it's woody and some claim It's sweet...
    Can you help me out? Do you think there's something in my wardrobe that is similar to it?
    Woud you describe it as a dry scent or fresh scent after all *:-?
    Now i'm wondering how It smells like and I'm thinking of something like Gucci Rush (woody) with that generic citrusy opening that vanishes almost instanty, mixed with some sweetness in the way of Laguna or maybe the sweetness provided by sandal roots... Am I right? *

Default Re: The Ultimate Fendi Life essence Thread...

This is a very woody fragrance. Fresh with a floral note that is barely perceived, at least for my nose. The sweet note is there but very subtle, nothing alike Laguna, though.
    It has an oustanding longevity as well.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Sandalwood
    This is a very woody fragrance. Fresh with a floral note that is barely perceived, at least for my nose. The sweet note is there but very subtle, nothing alike Laguna, though.
    It has an oustanding longevity as well.
    Thanks, Sandalwood!
    Too strong for hot summer days/nights?

Not at all if you apply it sparingly. Where I live we usually have very hot days/nights (90°-100° F) and I feel comfortable when I choose to wear it.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Why So Serious?

Indeed, it's a fresh floral, probably too much floral that it really smells like a women's perfume in the beginning, but after a day a trail of sweet woody aroma really lingers. Overall though i'd really put this one in the floral category. I was surprised how long this thing could last.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX
    Indeed, it's a fresh floral, probably too much floral that it really smells like a women's perfume in the beginning, but after a day a trail of sweet woody aroma really lingers. *Overall though i'd really put this one in the floral category. *I was surprised how long this thing could last.
    This is what I didn't want to read... Floral like a women's perfume...
    Well... I really don't like floral scents... I hate Givenchy Insensè, for example...
    I'll skip this one for sure! :-[

I think there is confusion describing this scent because the wood itself is sweet, in the same way that the licorice wood in Lempicka is sweet. To me it is a freshish and dry ultra woody scent, and nothing like Insense - which I never liked. When I think of woody scents, Gucci Pour Homme comes first, followed by Life Essence.
    Renato

Its a very woody scent but some how they blended those woods to create a very marine watery scent. Its great and very long lasting with a lot of sillage.

RCavs, give this one a chance.

This is a fragrance that I started a thread about the first day I ever wore it. It is a FANTASTIC scent.

It's a wood, for sure, but not at all like the dry pencil shavings of Gucci or the slap-you-in-the-face/choke-on-your-fumes Envy (which I love also, but only in very small doses). It DOES have a really beautiful touch of sweetness which distinguishes you from smelling like an oak tree. Not "sickening" sweet, but a "come closer" sweet that, on top of the wood, just smells terrific. It's also a warm scent that doesn't have an off-putting citus on top like Dior's Higher, which ruins that one for me.

It's also cheap and long-lasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    RCavs, give this one a chance.

This is a fragrance that I started a thread about the first day I ever wore it. It is a FANTASTIC scent.

It's a wood, for sure, but not at all like the dry pencil shavings of Gucci or the slap-you-in-the-face/choke-on-your-fumes Envy (which I love also, but only in very small doses). It DOES have a really beautiful touch of *sweetness which distinguishes you from smelling like an oak tree. Not "sickening" sweet, but a "come closer" sweet that, on top of the wood, just smells terrific. It's also a warm scent that doesn't have an off-putting citus on top like Dior's Higher, which ruins that one for me.

It's also cheap and long-lasting.
    Ballard, my friend, your words are tempting me... i think I'll give it a try!
    Thanks!