Code of Conduct

Default Kouros Eau D'ete and my freebees

Found this one at Dillards today and because no one (not family, friends or sales associates) that I have ever met likes the original Kouros, I had to restrict myself from buying the original and because this summer offering is much lighter than the original I decided to pick it up. Ten minutes later I meet up with my mom at which point she said "Is that the YSL urine stuff?" -Well I find it to be great. It has (this is comming from and inexperienced nose) a very similar smelling base as the original Kouros but the citrus-sy quality it possesses makes it feel lighter where the original could feel heavy/cloying if that makes any sense.

When I told the SA was I wanted a bottle of Kouros D’ete she had to get help in finding where the YSL products were being kept and even then she tried to give me a bottle of Cologne Sport D’ete (the tester of this was not even out because she thought it and the normal Kouros were the same) I had to explain that the two were indeed different. Apparently they had yet to sell a bottle of Kouros so the joyful SA threw in some samples of Gucci ph, Baldessarini del mar, D&G, Mania and Hummer for me to try.

I will spend some more time with the Kouros Eau D’ete and see if I can give a better description. But has anyone else this Kouros? What are your thoughts?

Default Re: Kouros Eau D'ete and my freebees

I don't know how Kouros Eau D'Ete smells, but I had Kouros Cologne Sport Eau d'Ete (I think it is the "2003" edition). It was pretty much like Kouros but lighter. The KCSEdE didn't really have a citrus note from what I recall but something like an aquatic note... I think! Maybe I'll give KEdE a shot, the citrus sounds like an interesting twist.

Of the variants of Kouros (Body Kouros doesn't count), I like Kouros Fraicheur the best, with the citrus, amber and especially the vetiver. Good stuff.
    K
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    I don't know how Kouros Eau D'Ete smells, but I had Kouros Cologne Sport Eau d'Ete (I think it is the "2003" edition). It was pretty much like Kouros but lighter. The KCSEdE didn't really have a citrus note from what I recall but something like an aquatic note... I think! Maybe I'll give KEdE a shot, the citrus sounds like an interesting twist.

Of the variants of Kouros (Body Kouros doesn't count), I like Kouros Fraicheur the best, with the citrus, amber and especially the vetiver. Good stuff.
    K
    Kouros Fraicheur was actually the one I had hoped to try/buy but any YSL products what-so-ever are EXTREMELY hard to find around here. I have never seen M7/Jazz/Live Jazz/Body Kouros/Kouros Fraicheur/Rive Gauche/Opium in any store. And thus I have still yet to try them all. Even the perfumania near me doesnt carry any YSL products.

It may need to be noted that KDete doesnt seem to have the great longetivity of its parent. Its only been about six hours and it is considerablly lighter than it was for the first hour. And I had a difficult time telling Kdete and Kouros Cologne Sport d'ete apart... The KCSdete was only slightly "lighter" than Kdete. The price ($40 for a 100ml bottle) made me decide to just go for the Kdete.

Oh...Kouros....
    Though I love it, when I wear it, there s always something bad happening to me...I m cursed when I wear Kouros...last time (two weeks ago, since a couple of months, put it up again and had a fight with my girlfriend...When I wore the cologne version last year, I was run over by a bike when I crossed the street... I don t believe in omens but...
    great stuf though
    take care guys,
    Renz