Code of Conduct
    Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Interested for your input

I am interested in purchasing one of these classic scents, (or something similar) and thought I would ask all of you for your opinion. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Interested for your input

Three very gentlemanly fragrances! Personally, I love Eau Sauvage most out of the three. But I strongly recommend you try and buy all three!

In terms of the citrus notes themselves, I actually prefer Monsieur de Givenchy, but overall it's Eau Sauvage for me.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Monsieur Givenchy is an awesome classic, although it does not last very much on my skin...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

It may be a tossup for Chanel Pour Monsieur and Givenchy. Have some Givenchy and haven't tried it yet.

Beware the Eau Sauvage - the longevity issues are serious. I literally cannot splash it on and get out of the bathroom before the scent is GONE! I'm talking SECONDS here. Seems to me that it is quite expensive for the performance.

I suggest you to get involved in perfume history, seriously: Eau Savage.

I respect the fact it`s Michael Edwards ultimate favourite.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised the Chanel PM is not getting more play--perhaps because we a talking of completely different scents here. Eau Sauvage and Monsieur de Givenchy could be compared--both citrus classics-- and I would hesitate to choose between the two. Pour Monsieur is very different. I agree Xen--get all three. If you want only one--Chanel because of it's adaptability.

Between Eau Sauvage and Monsieur de Givenchy, I would give a very slight edge to Eau Sauvage.

I personally can't stand Eau Sauvage. Pour Monsieur, I really like. I think im a little too young to wear it though. I can't remember what the Givenchy is like, but I know it wasn't anything I was a fan of.
    I would go with CPM.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the input everyone. Keep the comments coming. I probably shouldn't say it, but I'm surprised no one has suggested something other than those I put in the poll. Not that that is a bad thing, and that wasn't a leading comment. Anyhow, I digress. . .

I've voted for Chanel Pour Monsieur. I, too, am not a huge fan of Eau Savage, but for strictly personal reasons - I associate it with a person I really don't like that much.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

3 deserved classics.

Eau Savage is one of those scents I felt like I "had" to like. When I first discovered Bnotes I think it had won the annual poll as best man's scent ever....everyone praised it/loved it...so I bought it, loved it and then traded it. I just cannot get behind a scent that it so fleeting. I even bought a bottle of the concentrated version (which is now on my swaplist) and even though it lasted longer, it wasn't the same scent.

MDG is sophisticated, grown up and always right. Unfortunately it's not much stronger than ES.

So Chanel PM wins by default....although, if you are looking for suggestions in this vein, I would recommend Worth PH, Nino Cerruti, Hertitage, Tiffany, Egoiste, Patou PH, MdM and others over these.