Code of Conduct

Default Emporio Armani He vs. Emporio Armani Night He

Can someone tell me the differences between these two cologne bottles? I'm convinced I once owned a bottle of Night but I need to make sure. Are the bottles slightly a different color? I remember the bottle I had was a black color. Isnt Emporio He a dark brownish color? Do they say the names anywhere on the bottles?

Thanks for the help.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Default Re: Emporio Armani He vs. Emporio Armani Night He

Emporio He is dark brown/grey. Emporio Night He is black and bright, contrary to the former one.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

Are the names on the bottles anywhere? Thanks.

Besides the confusingly similar bottles, how do they smell? What is good about each one. I've always wanted to sample them but I've never seen them in stores. I know the notes but I can only guess what that mixture would turn out like in a bottle. How do they smell to basenoters???

I havent smelled the Emporio He but I have smelled the Night... if you take a look at the Note pyramid and then smell the cologne, you'll be left wondering where some of those notes are.

It's definitely an Oriental that is best used for night and winter. A "powder" Oriental that stands out. I wouldnt buy again though.

Armani He is a light daytime type fragrance that lasted all of twenty minutes on me so I can't give a great description. Armani Night is a sweet oriental with a great violet note and a powdery drydown. It gets a bit too sweet for me but it does last.
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

So the verdict is that neither are all that great?? I guess that is good enough for me.

Did you know that in the black of Night`s bottle Armani tried to resemble the colour of chinese glosslacquer..? This is true.

On my skin, Emporio He smells like a cross between Night and White *.
    Now to answer your question more seriously, He does have that more recent Armani signature smell consistent in all of Giorgio's latest male offerings, along with top notes that are quite comparable to Alfred Sung's Hei. *Light, fresh, and completely fitting for the Armani image. I was actually going to go out and purchase He today, but some business came up. *Maybe this weekend! *:P

RTbar

am i the only one who find some sort of similarity between cuiron and he?

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    Besides the confusingly similar bottles, how do they smell? What is good about each one. I've always wanted to sample them but I've never seen them in stores. I know the notes but I can only guess what that mixture would turn out like in a bottle. How do they smell to basenoters???
    Emporio He is a subtle green mossy scent - imagine a toned down Celine, or 212 with the florals removed, and you have He.
    I was perplexed the first times I tried it, because I couldn't smell it!
    Eventually I worked out that I could indeed smell it, so long as I hadn't taken a whiff of any other strongish scent just beforehand. My ladyfriend smelled it recently and thought it was really good - I think her nose is better than mine.

Night is an oriental and a bit more pronounced than He.

As I'm not into subtle scents, I never bought either of these two, though I did pick a bottle of White recently (if I ever want to be subtle, I may as well be classy about it).

With so many people around here espousing the virtues going very light and not offending anybody, I'm surprised that these three Armani ones have never been all that popular on this board.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by RTbar
    am i the only one who find some sort of similarity between cuiron and he?
    Cuiron is leathery, He is green mossy - I can't see the similarity, unless you've honed in on some common note they share.
    Renato